Moderating Conflict & When Do I File A Modreq

Telanir

Max what is this

Also, Telanir, I don’t need you sympathetic to my cause. It genuinely made my nose bleed from how badly it damaged my brain. Please have someone else give me warnings for your posts, as you should be unbiased and detached from your content~! 

7 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

you know why they don’t? I was told there’s currently 0 conflict moderators so you have all the RP mods dealing with conflict. (Telanir confirmed in-game that there are 0 conflict moderators currently). 

“conflict moderator” shouldn’t be a thing. the word “moderator” literally means someone who arbitrates conflict. what is an “RP mod” and what are these people smoking

11 minutes ago, Harrison said:

this isnt fine at all lmao 

have you not seen how many players just get in conflict then say ‘im waiting for a mod XD’ and waste everyones time for 30 minutes?

im just gonna tell people i dont want to co-operate and go about playing for 2 more weeks before the gm team claim the report on me XDDDDDDDDDDD

MODS DO NOTHING THEY LEGIT DONT MODERATE PVP, RP, ISSUES ANYTHING THEY DO NOTHING

Snap screens walk away and put up a report. We’ve already seen at length that mods can’t solve these problems onsite and competent people aren’t applying anymore. They get screamed at and rule lawyed and 100% of the time make the most retarded call. Ideally a few reports and bans will start serving as deterrent from being a retard IG. I hope that staff hand out meta and powergaming bans. 

Just now, YPJgamer1999 said:

“conflict moderator” shouldn’t be a thing. the word “moderator” literally means someone who arbitrates conflict. what is an “RP mod” and what are these people smoking

However, they are a thing. When you apply to be a moderator, you were always provided an option of what you wish to focus on: wars and conflict, normal tickets and support, so on. When I say RP moderators, I don’t literally mean RP moderators. It’s just a way to say “moderators who have a lack of experience in the field of dealing with conflict”. Sadly, not all moderators apply to help in the role of conflict. Some wish to just “help players normally” by answering questions, dealing with simpler issues, so on. I wish conflict moderators weren’t a thing, but they are, and there’s currently none. [If all moderators required to be knowledgable on all fields of the server and community: pvp and conflict, magic, so on] then it would have run nicely. 

1 minute ago, Lutai said:

But most people would rather a situation is dealt with & RP is resumed rather than pushing for a ban or punishment. A response in 1 months time helps nobody.

yes however GMs have already shown that they just won’t answer modreqs and if pulled into a conflict will be rule lawyered while under pressure and give a poor ruling. This will be initially irritating but will likely result in fewer infractions in the long term as the deterrent becomes more apparent. That is my thoughts on the matter. The staff have said they will focus on quickly accepting and resolving reports so I will give them the benefit of the doubt in the interim.

Alternatively we can just keep demanding more of the same system that is already proven not to work. I really do not believe adding more gms would make a practical difference on the on site conflict resolution outcomes or response times. 

so since I was given an actual warning post for calling this post ‘dumb’ allow me to amend my statement in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation

this latest addendum to a series of moderation changes of dubious quality is consistent with the aforementioned prior changes in that it prefers to place less emphasis on the way in which our server functions in reality and as such cannot be welcomed as a policy modification that espouses change of merit

5 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

However, they are a thing. When you apply to be a moderator, you were always provided an option of what you wish to focus on: wars and conflict, normal tickets and support, so on. When I say RP moderators, I don’t literally mean RP moderators. It’s just a way to say “moderators who have a lack of experience in the field of dealing with conflict”. Sadly, not all moderators apply to help in the role of conflict. Some wish to just “help players normally” by answering questions, dealing with simpler issues, so on. I wish conflict moderators weren’t a thing, but they are, and there’s currently none. [If all moderators required to be knowledgable on all fields of the server and community: pvp and conflict, magic, so on] then it would have run nicely. 

This is going to change actually, as @YPJgamer1999 mentioned moderators should be globally competent and not specialized in one limited thing. So we are currently resolving that one day at a time!

35 minutes ago, Telanir said:

On-site moderation is inefficient and challenging, leading to uninformed, biased, and chaotic decisions.

Man, it’s almost like these could be resolved through decent training and some experience.

36 minutes ago, Telanir said:
  • Find a way to compromise and resolve the issue with your fellow roleplayer.
  • If you can’t reach a compromise then bring the scenario to a conclusion together.

I'm so confused. What's the difference?

Not sure if you guys are aware of this but years of the Staff not giving a **** about fostering a healthy relationship between players (or themselves and the players) has resulted in a pissing contest of how shitty people can be to each other without getting reprimanded for it. This post changes absolutely nothing and, as can be seen from nearly all of these posts, is being taken as a complete joke. Because it is.

Just now, Telanir said:

This is going to change actually, as @YPJgamer1999 mentioned moderators should be globally competent and not specialized in one limited thing. So we are currently resolving that one day at a time!

Well, that is good news. Should have put that on the thread tbf. 

1 minute ago, Narthok said:

yes however GMs have already shown that they just won’t answer modreqs and if pulled into a conflict will be rule lawyered while under pressure and give a poor ruling. This will be initially irritating but will likely result in fewer infractions in the long term as the deterrent becomes more apparent. That is my thoughts on the matter. The staff have said they will focus on quickly accepting and resolving reports so I will give them the benefit of the doubt in the interim.

Alternatively we can just keep demanding more of the same system that is already proven not to work. I really do not believe adding more gms would make a practical difference on the on site conflict resolution outcomes or response times. 

UFts6qt.pngTo nit-pick a bit, I haven’t seen you involved in day to day conflicts recently so I feel like you’re a bit out of touch on it. I think there would be fewer issues w/ conflict etc if we did actually add more mods who are conflict based, esp. pvp mods, instead of mods who are higher pexed CT. 

5 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

so since I was given an actual warning post for calling this post ‘dumb’ allow me to amend my statement in the spirit of teamwork and cooperation

this latest addendum to a series of moderation changes of dubious quality is consistent with the aforementioned prior changes in that it prefers to place less emphasis on the way in which our server functions in reality and as such cannot be welcomed as a policy modification that espouses change of merit

We can only remind our players to not be toxic through certain mechanisms. I think this post points out that players have to also look at themselves as individuals in how they approach the server and the community. You have to treat others how you would like to be treated if you were in their situation. We will see if this works, it might not. The last couple systems were horrible failures and if this is something so different from that I think it is worth a shot.