Sign in to follow this  
Draeris

The Karamani Language

UlDQWapxXQHILJyA7PpfHkSHfSdDNszzZ9TfRgWlBAF_NFBo9Dli-aoIAmsoPPFctcOQ-32gB5xRlRBPKsVoyFIjNwAnY5F7Ghehe7sQZ_EbllTNwdTGHHIFgGMRWu8sm_rdQtGj

Karamanoğulları scholar and Böö Altamiş

KARAMAN DIL KURUMU

THE KARAMAN LANGUAGE ASSOCIATION

The origins of the Karamanic language are well-recorded in history: its primitive form spoken by the great Subudai from the previous realms. After the fragmentation of the Subudai tribe, most Türkin and Nicatorii peoples adopted Qalasheeni linguistic characteristics. The Karamanoğulları however remained to speak their original language, separating themselves from their Konchak or Basrid contemporaries over the course of many centuries. Today, if all the Nicatorii and Türkin descendants would converse in one room: none would be able to understand the other.

Böö Altamiş had predicted that the Karamanoğlu might lose their cultural control over their own identity, stating: “As tribes come and go, the Farfolk people handle their identities flexibly. A schism here, a cultural conversion there: and a new tribe is born, until it is defeated again. A man wears an iron mask and learns our tongue, to then suddenly claim he is one of us with a different cultural interpretation. What happens if they do this to our faith? Claim entire bloodlines to their fabrication? Before we know it, they’ll call us West-Karamani and them East-Karamani: even though they carry no drop of Karamanoğulları blood.”

From this sentiment, he founded the Karaman Dil Kurumu or The Karaman Language Association. In its second publication, but the first one distributed throughout the realm, it establishes what Karamani tongue is.

GREETINGS 

Good morning, İyi sabahlar

Good day, İyi Günler

Good evening, İyi geceler

Hello, Merhaba

Goodbye, Hoşçakal

CONVERSATIONAL SENTENCES

Welcome friend, Hoş geldin, Arkadaş

Please sit, Lütfen otur

You may lend my steed, Atımı kiralayabilirsin.

Begone, Stone Yurt man, Git buradan Taş Yurtlu!

Do you have food?, Yemeğin var mı lan?

Stop stealing, thief!, Çalmayı bırak konçak!

RACES

Humans, or İnsanlar

Farfolk, or Karamanlar

Dwarves, or Cüceler

Elves, or Uzunkulaklar

Dark Elves, or Karakulaklar

Wood Elves, or Çamurkulaklar

High Elves, or Kulaksızlar

Orcs, or Orklar

RELATIONS

Bey, a titular word meaning Leader

Böö, a titular word meaning Spiritual leader

Gâvur, or Foreigner

Baba, or Father

Anne, or Mother

Oğul, or Son

Kız, or Daughter

Kardeş, or Sibling

Erkek kardeş, or Brother

Kız kardeş, or Sister

Arkadaş, or Friend

Düşman, or Foe

Hain, or Traitor

Konçak, or Thief

Gâvur are often referred to as ‘Man of the Stone yurt’, ‘Stone yurt men’, etc. The Stone Yurt is a reference to modern settlements, that deny the nomadic destiny of man by its mere existence.

Bey, much like Böö, are titular words and must be placed after the name of the person wielding it. 

WARFARE

Kılıç, or Scimitar

Yay, or Bow

Oklar, or Arrows

Ok, for Arrow

Demir kafes, or Armor

Savaş ilanı, or Declaration of war

Müzakere, or Negotiations

Temsilci, or Delegate

Katletmek, or To Slay

Teslim Olmak, or To Surrender

Hücum, or Charge

FOODS

Ekmek, or Bread

Çorba, or Soup

Et, or Meat

Su, or Water

İçki, or Alcohol

Süt, or Milk

Nar, or Pomegranate

Şeftali, or Peach

Armut, or Pear

Elma, or Apple

Dut, or Berry

Ceviz, or Nut

Baharat, or Spice

DOMESTIC

At, or Horse

Eyer, or Saddle

Arpa, or Barley

Buğday, or Wheat

Tavuk, or Chicken

Kuş, or Bird

Taş, or Stone

Odun, or Wood

Balta, or Axe

Keçi, or Goat

İnek, or Cow

Koyun, or Sheep

Yün, or Wool

Tüy, or Feather

Deri, or Leather

Demir, or Iron

Altın, or Gold

Zümrüt, or Emerald

The Karaman Dil Kurumu will continue to fight for the recognition that these words are in fact Karamani and identify new ones as the language evolves.

Spoiler

Epic man

Begovars of the Csertan glanced over the document, scratching his head. “They will fight for the fact that these words are all Karamani, but many are similar if not the same as the Kadaksleri language. And changing their word for thief to Konchak? Surely, these western Turkin don’t think us so stupid not to notice their petty insults? Mayhaps I wounded Başıl’s pride during the Matrak. Oh well! I say to him once and I say again that he will realize the folly in his struggle against modernity and the light of Ilah.”

18 minutes ago, ThriceGreatest said:

Begovars of the Csertan glanced over the document, scratching his head. “They will fight for the fact that these words are all Karamani, but many are similar if not the same as the Kadaksleri language. And changing their word for thief to Konchak? Surely, these western Turkin don’t think us so stupid not to notice their petty insults? Mayhaps I wounded Başıl’s pride during the Matrak. Oh well! I say to him once and I say again that he will realize the folly in his struggle against modernity and the light of Ilah.”

Başıl smirked as he followed the ink lines with his fingers: tracing the many lineages of the Farfolk on a grotesque scroll displayed on his floor.  He was fascinated by the fleeting existence of former peoples, that came and went under many banners and cultures. His head started to hurt after tracing most of the lines: each one a component of a large web of different colors of ink, tying the historical peoples together. While the Karamanoğulları had a satisfying straight line leading towards The Subudai: Başıl couldn't help but wonder why there was one name in the right lower corner. Konchakhe muttered, his finger circling the word. Unlike the others, it had no lines on the scroll. The word seemingly wasn't tied to anything: appearing lonelier than a citizen of Suffonia. Why are they on this scroll..” Başıl asked to himself, scratching his head Aren't they Adrian?

”I really must learn this language.” an elderly man commented.

4 hours ago, ThriceGreatest said:

“Wait, I thought you were the western Turkin?” Albert asks in confusion!