Sign in to follow this  
Eddywilson2

A Letter to the Dwarves

To the Mighty Dwarves of Urguan,

The 15th of The Grand Harvest, 1745

The Men and Women of Haense were once in a position such as yours. Bandits of the AIS plagued our lands for years, killing innocent civilians and looting their dead bodies for personal gain. When deserters from our military robbed our armory and left for them, we sought justice. It led to the justification of which the AIS based this war on initially. We are not an aggressive people by nature. The Highlands provide us with enough to survive, and we have no wants for other lands. We were content, and when bandits came, we defended our people.

Similarly, you found yourselves in a similar situation with the bandits of Ruswick. I will not deny that we worked with them in the past. When your home, your loved ones, your people are at risk, you seek help where you can. However, we ended those dealings when they revealed their true nature to us.

My question for you is this: Would the AIS have so quickly ousted Ruswick from their circle if they had not already been in a war with Oren? Would they have allowed them to continue as they had been when they initially joined the alliance? Bandits such as them were allowed by the AIS to attack our innocents. Who do you think they will turn their eyes to next when the war is over? 

Under the reign of Godfrey, the Dwarves and Man were strong allies. Both races experienced an era of prosperity where we fought with one another against bandits like these. History since then has clouded our memory of those days where justice was had for crimes against innocents. Many humans forget, but I do not. I hope you do not either. 

Do you think Morsgrad will sit idle when they can no longer take their bloodlust out on us? Do you think the content people of Haense are a bigger threat? These vile creatures spilt Dwarven blood. They may offer you kind words. I offer you justice.

-Tiberius Barrow, General of the Imperial

State Army and Exchequer of War for Haense

With all the people Haense says I am going to attack after the war I must be strong enough to attack the entire world” Godric would say with a chuckle “Truly they are my greatest admirers, believing me to be so immensely strong that I alone could defeat the world simultaneously. Alas such fan fiction from the Haenseni is not true”

Edited by Narthok

Tom Bray reads the letter while on his smoke break, “God save General Tib.”

Augustus scoffs as he reads the missive, “All have seen the faults of Ruswick, yet Oren in their desperation attempt to warp the situation to include Urguan in a war against Morsgrad.“ He says, shaking his head before continuing on.

“Oren talks about ending their dealings with Ruswick, yet this is not the truth as they had willingly changed sides - and the entire duration of this, and after, Haense were offering incremental sums of Mina to lure them back. Another Orenian missive full of lies.”

“Regardless, I offer my blade, along with those of the Sons of Fortune mercenary company to Urguan against the bandits, should they accept it. I currently contract them, and will offer them free of charge to Urguan.” He says, sending birds off to those of the Under Kingdom.

@Mickaelhz ((Server is poopoocaca rn so just gonna ping you on forums for this offer.

Edited by BardMainHere

“They’ve really loosened their requirements for Imperial General,” remarked one Elias Carrow. “Maybe after this General stops loosening the guts of wayfarers on the road like common rabble, we can reach some kind of accord. Until then, the bandits of Haense shall be hunted into extinction with accordance to the law.” 

Officer Grudgebeard speaks plainly to the other Dwarfs in Urguan, reading the letter off the town noticeboard. “Rather bold of an Orenian to speak of the long and peaceful history between the Dwedmar and the Empire.”

7 minutes ago, ryno2 said:

Officer Grudgebeard speaks plainly to the other Dwarfs in Urguan, reading the letter off the town noticeboard. “Rather bold of an Orenian to speak of the long and peaceful history between the Dwedmar and the Empire.”

Alifer Amice would speak back “Like that time they destroyed it all the way back in Axios? Was that grudge ever even settled?”

Kothak chuckles, "Tha' umroi wants us tou fight in their war? Nah, rat'er just deal wit' te'h Ruswick dund'dahe basta'ds." He'd nudge Officer Grudgebeard before going back to sharpening his halberd.

”Duke Godric’s justice is of the North, it is cold and harsh. Punishments are severe because life is harsh and weakness is death.” Edyth Marlow would murmur, still in emotional turmoil despite her physical injuries having healed. ”If only I had ridden south alone that day, how different today might be...” She’d lower her head in shame. ”But, once he has revenge for the supposed killing of Kogami...I see no reason for him to continue warring the southern nations. If he does...All-Father help him, he will have lost his mind.” 

Edited by rukio

“They fight only because they must,” stated a Lothranian knight before politely folding the missive. “My condolences go out to the Haensetians and dwarves. We will pray for them.”  

Edited by Ggt

Konstanz Friedrich Barclay hears of the letter being send to the Dwarves before stating "May GOD protect us and bring us this fortune at least" before returning to his training for Knightlyhood