[Completed]The CT Community Farm Lock

Ttsim

Hi there! It’s me, IronPen, and I’m here to tell you all about an issue that’s recently come up on the server. Namely; the recent lock of the Cloud Temple Farm.

If you don’t know this; around 2-3 days ago; the farm was put under a lock to where players can no longer break blocks inside the farm. This is opposed to when previously; players were given free reign over that small parcel of land having the permissions to break and place blocks. This is an issue; because by taking away the ability to break blocks, the ability to farm wheat without a hoe on hand has also been taken away.

I’m here to day to try and show you all why the farm needs to be given BACK to the players, so we can continue to use it as we did before.

To start off; here are the new issues that players are having to face because of the farms lock-down. As stated previously; we can no longer break wheat without using a hoe, this is an issue as most people tend to not carry hoes on them to make way for space for more useful tools. The options for gathering wheat now is to either buy a WOOD hoe for 10 minas, or make your own by going to the resource pits.

Firstly; a wood hoe for 10 minas is an incredibly steep price, especially to newer players who are still having a tough time accumulating minas. The average person makes around 120-140 minas a day by using votes, asking them to spend 10 minas one a single wood hoe is simply absurd. This isn’t to mention the durability of the wood hoe is around enough to farm a half-stack of bread AT LEAST per hoe, which isn’t alot, especially considering how quickly players can burn through food. 

Of course, one could always make the argument that the price is justified on account of the nature of the hoe that people are buying; since it has a special name and a colorful description it’s 100% worth it’s price! However, it’s easy to point out the fact that this hoe is meant for use on farming, meaning its description and title are completely useless on account of its purpose. If it was meant for RP, sure! It would be worth it. But it’s not. It’s a tool, and that tool is very expensive for its quality and quantity.

Another argument is that people can always go to the resource pits and mine wood to make hoes. Although this claim does have some merits, it still falls short if you try and think it through. Every time a player wants to use the farm, they’ll have to walk all the way to the resource pits, mine the wood (Most likely with their fist), craft the hoe, and then walk all the way back to the farm. This can become extremely annoying for players and time consuming, especially when not long ago, they could just break some wheat and be done with it.

You might think that players could always use their nations farmland, but some players prefer to stay separated from nations and act like nomads, while other nations may not have their farmlands accessable to all players. New players don’t have nations to begin with, with the CT Farming area being the only place they can work in.

All of this is also pointless if the player is new to the server. Some new players may not know that using a hoe to farm wheat is a thing, as the information given to you when you start the game can really vary. Some players may not know where the resource pits are, and may think they’re forced to buy a hoe. All of these issues could be avoided if; we were given access back to the farm.

I recently had a discussion with LotsOfMuffins (Shoutout to her for being so easy to talk to and overall being very communicable) in which she told me that the farm had been locked down due to a few players continuing to build on the farmland even though she had given them explicit instructions not to do so. The players had originally started building in attempt to renovate the farm’s center which had basic supplies like chests and crafting tables and make it look more official. Of course, more people decided to join in and eventually things got out of hand. Although Muffins had merit in her actions, I’d like to point out that throughout all the time that the farm had been unlocked, this was one of the few times at all people had ever decided to do more than just farm on it. And also; as said before; the efforts originally started to HELP the farm, not try and destroy it.

Overall; I’d like to end it with this. The farm was a bond of trust between the staff, and the playerbase. It showed how we were trusted with this small parcel of land in a staff controlled area. It was also a symbol of trust between the playerbase itself. It was open for everyone to destroy, yet nobody destroyed it. Nobody griefed it, and people never forgot to replant. This whole problem started because a few players wanted to help even more by making the farm even better, taking the time that they could’ve spent RPing and directing it towards a communial project. By taking this away so nonchalontly, without even an announcement or message... it’s frustrating. Especially to the people who use the farm so very often.

The Cloud Temple Community farm isn’t just A Farm, it’s The Farm. It’s Our farm.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and please feel free to give me your thoughts. Should we unlock the farm? Should we just lower the price of the hoes? Or is it better now that it’s been locked away?

Have a good day/night wherever you are!

- IronPen

I agree. Ban the players who grief farms after being warned. Dont punish all of us.

I’m sure @NotEvilAtAllcould just hand us all a lifetime supply of hoes each. Have you seen their inventory?

This thread has been deemed inactive and the debate concluded. If you feel this was mistake, please contact a moderator.