[Report] The Topic of 1.14

MeteorDragon

1 hour ago, Valaryon said:

1.15 is literally tomorrow. Most of these issues to any who’ve looked into it – are generated by Mojang’s poor work with 1.14 and 1.15 is primarily a bug fixing update which aims to remedy all the problems 1.14 brought on.

Let the Lord of the Craft Team update to 1.15 which is supposedly going to fix all these issues with the Minecraft client. (Mojang’s claim, not mine.)

I can imagine Llir and the Dev Team have poured a lot of time and effort into the feat that was moving from 1.13 to 1.14, if I were them I’d hate to see that go to waste. I’d rather give them the opportunity to see if 1.15 fixes the issues plaguing Minecraft and thus Lord of the Craft, if not – let’s go back.

I support this strongly, however, the development team no matter how incredible they are, need plenty of time to update all the plugins over to a version that works with a new Minecraft version.

On-top of this there we’re at a time where the development team is lacking in members and I recall one of the developers saying that 80-90% of the groundwork for 1.14 was already done by the old development team (Tofuus, Sproadic... etc) before they left. That’s quite a while to get maybe 20% of the work done. 

If the development had already started work on 1.15 the day 1.14 was put on the server, it would be months and months until we see an 1.15 update hit the sever. I don’t think we’d even have any more players...

For now at least, the server should really be reverted back to 1.13 whilst the devs now use up the time they have working on updating to 1.15 instead of fixing 1.14.

I also think the Admins/Development team should really consider opening a public test server for major updates every so often, i.e before 1.15 is put onto the server it’s put onto ptr.lotc.co and players can log onto it as they like and just do whatever, the devs can use it as a way to stress test the updated server under a large load.

I really think this would end the issues we have now and always have of buggy, unstable and sometimes unplayable launches of new updates on the server.

1.15 coming out tomorrow still isn’t going to fix the issues, however. We have to wait for Spigot to update to 1.15 then the plugins to be updated. Not to mention there was issues with the server before 1.14 dropped.

How do you feel about 1.14 on LOTC?

I just joined, and haven’t really played Minecraft in a long time so I don’t really have any opinion on it other than what I’ve been told.

Do you think 1.14 has benefits on the server? If so, what?

Like I said, having not played in a long time, I don’t know what benefits it brought.

Do you think 1.14 has brought problems to the server? If so, what?

According to everyone I’ve spoken with, the update is what’s caused the chunk issues. Assuming that the update was the issue, to me it would seem it’s a bit game breaking.

If there is an issue with this, how do you think it could be solved?

Reverting the server back to the previous version? I don’t know I’m not a developer?

And finally, if you have any extra input then you may put it here!

To me, as a new player to LOTC, the chunk loading issue is completely game breaking. Had I not known @rukio before I joined, it’d be impossible to navigate the world and do much at all. TBH I probably would have quit.