[Your View] Next Map's Cloud Temple

LotsOfMuffins

Next Map’s Cloud Temple

Image result for lord of the craft cloud temple

Cloud Temple, Vailor

Cloud Temple is currently where all new players start off and where you go when you die. It houses a farm open to all players, the Dragur Library (though not run by the Community Team), shops encompassing some basic materials and some that you cannot get anywhere else, the resource pits, and just a general neutral zone where you don’t have to worry about dying or roleplay conflict. Last map, it was similar though much smaller (and the Dragur Library was elsewhere). 

Though there are several options for next map’s Cloud Temple. Perhaps we could not include a public farm. We could move the resource pits. We could not even have a Cloud Temple. And so, in order to hear the community’s thoughts, please let us know down below what you think Cloud Temple should encompass, look like, etc. Any thoughts you have pertaining to the future Cloud Temple are encouraged. Thank you!

down with the anarchy of the monks !!!

As a player from Aegis, I’m quite comfortable with the concept of having a Cloud Temple. Since day one it has been a means for explaining why when we die, we arent PK’d. Additionally, having that space where new and old players can be safe, farm resources, collect ores, etc. I believe is invaluable. I would like to see some increased ownership of the CT by the Community/Story/World team as it is the first place new players see when they join. The reintroduction of the CT monks in a more impactful way would be a welcome sight, a group that is specifically dedicated to reaching out to players and getting them involved with something they otherwise wouldn't.  All in all, I think the Cloud Temple is way too integral to the foundations of the server and the lore to leave out, it deserves that special touch that makes it significant to each and every map.

I enjoy a mystical and reclusive Cloud Temple – one that feels more as a crypt or ruin to reflect in before embarking on a journey. Beyond the utility of getting players out into the world at large quickly, it connects to what the space symbolizes of death and rebirth and that ominous process. I’d love to see it be one-way into multiple spawn points and find ways to inject CT item stalls into the economy or nations directly.

To me, Cloud Temple is a place where beginnings and such can exist. – Where experienced and new players can RP together by bound together in a mysterious place. I feel as if the current Cloud Temple lacks personality and an identity, looking rather generic to say the least.

You’ll probably hate me for this, but I feel like the Hub worlds for the Souls-Borne series perfectly capture the atmosphere that I feel they should go for.

Spoiler

Image result for Dark souls firelink shrine art

Spoiler

Related image

Spoiler

Related image

Just a mysterious and oddly peaceful place. – Where new players can begin their story, and veterans can continue theirs. 

EDIT: It’d be cool where the Cloud Temple would be a cemetery, where people after their death. – Would crawl out of their graves, without an idea of what had happened. It’s kind of edgy etc, but I feel it’d be an interesting experiment to how the players would react to it. – Being trapped in a cycle of death and rebirth, without even knowing it.

Would be neat to see a Cloud Temple that isnt on the ground, but actually in the Clouds.

18 minutes ago, Cracker said:

I enjoy a mystical and reclusive Cloud Temple – one that feels more as a crypt and a place to leave behind quickly. Beyond the utility of getting players out into the world at large quickly, it connects to what the space symbolizes of death and rebirth and that ominous process. I’d love to see it be one-way into multiple spawn points and find ways to inject CT item stalls into the economy or nations directly.

^^^
CT should be small, and out of the way. Players should respawn in an inescapable chamber that lets them teleport to racial or geographical spawns. CT shops should be integrated into /auctionhouse.

Remove the Dragur Library and make those that run it have to deal with what all other groups have to deal with in regards to getting areas to build and manage. The fact it's still there at all when it's been already used to hide certain groups because previous owners happened to be staff is truly beyond me.  It doesn't even hold correct information regarding lore and magic. Just IC books of a Char's perspective which more often than not, doesn't really follow the lore. Which adds on to confusing new players. 

Big agree. CT shouldn’t be a sprawling complex, it should be a small, extremely easy to navigate area that simply plonks you down with good clear directions on how to go elsewhere. CT shouldn’t act as an RP hub, but instead direct people to existing ones.

From a player joining near the start of ATLAS I missed the hunter NPC from last map, that you could pay and tp to hunt down some COOL and EPIC creatures for a price, I think it was just one thing you can do at cloud temple, Right now there isn’t really anything you can do at CT so I would like to see and I think many others as well would like to see is a CT that has tons of things to explore and have that maybe old kind of feel, have rooms, caverns, spaces and things to explore and  maybe after exploring certain caves, caverns or rooms you get a rare prize or item, Just have general things for players to keep coming back to CT and have things to do at CT. As well CT is the place where new players start off with their new character they have made, sort of their first impression for Lotc. As as such you should do EVERYTHING possible to make this first impression memorable and fun and exciting, make it so NPC’s with certain main races skins are recruiting or just in general make it welcoming and easy for the new player to join into, also what is very important, Make it so you spawn in with food, making it so you have to farm food is really stupid and I think it can just be fixed by providing the new player with a stack of bread. Idk just my general ideas on my expectations and wants for next map in CT

should be a respawn  point and nothing more

idk why so much build effort goes into a pointless no conflict rp zone, just give me a small temple not a ******* small city 

would rather prefer you wake up in a graveyard wow spirit healer style with resources being put in the wilds, the resource pit and all the stalls at CT are trash 

Keep the Cloud Temple, keep it as a place of sanctuary and generosities of basic things. It has potential to grow, but only if Monks actually created Monk RP and interested ppl in existing with Monks.

I like the design of this one much more than the current one, seems the surrounding environment fits it a lot better. I think smaller is better though like others have stated, with things being more centralized and shops or whatever closer together. In my opinion, the farm outside the current temple is really only useful to new players, and even then most don’t seem to even use it since they don’t know they need a hoe to harvest. I also like how the roads leading away seem to be exactly where you’d expect them to be, on each side of the temple. Looks very good overall though, I’m excited to play on a fresh map from the start.

Also @seannie‘s idea of an actual CLOUD temple sounds pretty dope.

2 hours ago, NightcastorKitty said:

Remove the Dragur Library and make those that run it have to deal with what all other groups have to deal with in regards to getting areas to build and manage. The fact it's still there at all when it's been already used to hide certain groups because previous owners happened to be staff is truly beyond me.  It doesn't even hold correct information regarding lore and magic. Just IC books of a Char's perspective which more often than not, doesn't really follow the lore. Which adds on to confusing new players. 

this post is conclusive proof that elves ruin everything