[Your View] Next Map's Cloud Temple

LotsOfMuffins

1 hour ago, ItsMyWorld66 said:

In my opinion I think the Temple farms aren’t something that should be, as it already dampens the food industry within the server if you can just endlessly walk around CT for food instead of Rping with towns and cities for it. The constant potato flood is already a strong supplement, so I would just have the bread given by voting and the potatoes be the only ‘free’ source.

no one has ever or will ever rp for food. if the autoshops are out of stock then you go around begging for it, some guy hands you some spare bread, you say thanks and walk off. truly engrossing rp. 

I love the CT- but feel as it makes 0 sense the library is there. We cant steal artifacts from it, break into the restricted section, and a lot of other things due to the fact that it’s in the CT where no villainy rp can occur.

Cloud Temple should be dynamic but not in a way that requires players to run it. It should be a hub for information including questgivers, NPCs teaching rules & chat systems, and things like notice boards for job listings. Maybe each nation gets a board for new players to look at. Maybe a bounty board is in a tavernlike cloud temple. Whatever it is just make it fresh.

And with that being said... When one world meets its end our characters tend to find themselves to another world with yet another Cloud Temple. Isn’t it time the Story Team develop some story around that? Monks should be NPC and event based. Having players play a sect of monks is cool but they should exist separately. The tangibility of the monks should be the same for each character. 

A high peaked Cloud Temple would be pretty good sitting among the clouds. It’d be cool to see more monk sanctuary vibes from it rather than just a diverse RP hub/market. Also bring back the Blessings of the Triumvirate so Monk Magic can exist... cause if it doesn’t then what does that suggest? As for Dragur Library it is convenient having it there, and honestly it’s probably best keeping it there because its not like we can ever steal from it anyway.

On 12/16/2019 at 7:06 PM, ItsMyWorld66 said:

In my opinion I think the Temple farms aren’t something that should be, as it already dampens the food industry within the server if you can just endlessly walk around CT for food instead of Rping with towns and cities for it. The constant potato flood is already a strong supplement, so I would just have the bread given by voting and the potatoes be the only ‘free’ source.

Most food isn’t farmed in the CT. You can go to literally any nation and farm their fields unless they’ve fenced them off. Removing the CT farms would hurt new players and not substantially lower the quantity of food on the server.

I love Cloud Temple bro

I hope the Cloud Temple in next map is managed by maybe the World team and the Story team, make it a bit less of a hub with markets, resource pits, the library of Dagur. 

Maybe on it’s next iteration it acts as what it’s suppossed to be a place to be for a short while, ask for directions maybe. 
No resource pits please!
No library of Dagur inside it.
Maybe add something like the bounty board that could be found in the forums. 
Yeah keep it protected from stuff like PvP but make it so the only RP there is that of the monks.

A few folks have already said this but I’m gonna repeat it anyway, no Library of Dagur.  I think it would be more interesting if the Library wasn’t protected by the borders of CT, but rather out in the wild like any other guild or group. 

I did like how CT this map was smack dab in the center, making it so that every other nation was, for the most part, the same distance from it.  Makes it super easy for new players to find the nations their characters belong to instead of having to wander the map for an hour trying to find it.  And building off of this I’d just say more navigation signs and directions, make sure that players know where they’re going and how to get there after they leave Cloud Temple (Whether this be done by well placed signs, a map of sort, warp signs/carts, or even Monks RPing regularly)

I think the temple should be small and basic, clearly marked road to the nations or fast travel (( maybe free if the nation pays for it )). It doesn't need the library, massive grounds that take up a quarter of the map. Make travelling easily from CT to all Nations marked roads and routes.

No resource pits, Maybe a resource island like we have a few maps ago with ways or shops to get the blocks you usually cant gather. Keep the farm is helps out the new players. I don't think the CT should attempt to be massive, grand or a significant hub of RP just a simple starting point for us on the new land and a place to re-spawn once we die.

On 12/14/2019 at 6:46 AM, NightcastorKitty said:

Remove the Dragur Library and make those that run it have to deal with what all other groups have to deal with in regards to getting areas to build and manage. The fact it's still there at all when it's been already used to hide certain groups because previous owners happened to be staff is truly beyond me.  It doesn't even hold correct information regarding lore and magic. Just IC books of a Char's perspective which more often than not, doesn't really follow the lore. Which adds on to confusing new players. 

The Dragur library is a lovely idea but it needs activity, my character would die for the chance to work there and tend to the books. It simply needs active people that are willing to dedicate their time to it.

- Some Qalibrarian