[✓] [Arcane Feat + Playable CA] Atronach Forging and Atronachs

Sorcerio

hot take -

lore for servant emotionless characters that are aligned to a single person with no actual personal development are boring filler characters that aren’t too necessary for lotc. Should be used for NPCs and environmental pieces instead of having them as fleshed out CA’s

8 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:
On 12/15/2019 at 5:44 PM, Olroxx said:

Atronachs may hold particularly special relationships with mages who practice the same magic as their element as well, seeing them as allies or even best friends. To be betrayed by one of those corresponding mages is like being betrayed by family and is especially heartbreaking for an Atronach - despite them not knowing exactly what sadness is. They may also have a particular dislike of mage’s wielding their opposing element, though not always, especially in the case of it being their master.

Personally I thought this made them more interesting, giving them relationships with those they know beyond just servitude.

8 hours ago, _Hexe_ said:

again, for what reason. theres so much to this lore that i just can’t see a reason for being.

If you have any suggestions please feel free to comment them or discuss them in discord. Arcane Atronachs are made vulnerable when casting because they are neither just liquid or solid, so they can cast but also have decent durability.

8 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

hot take -

lore for servant emotionless characters that are aligned to a single person with no actual personal development are boring filler characters that aren’t too necessary for lotc. Should be used for NPCs and environmental pieces instead of having them as fleshed out CA’s

If you read the lore, I did my best to try and make it so that way Atronachs would interact more positively with other people and can develop some character. In my rewrite, Atronachs are not 100% bound to the will of their creator though rather feel a natural compulsion to satisfy the needs of their creator.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore is pending, you will be sent a forum PM in the next 24 hours with a list of issues that need to be fixed.

As someone who has played an atronach — I’m very happy with this rewrite. Good detail, very nice writing, and it is explained more thoroughly than before. 

Good job!

1+

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.