Sign in to follow this  
yandeer

On Moral Decency: A Guide for Imperial Court

A0QxlAuA6x5ypPOaed6FziFyHS-ciRh1FG8-SfROUqxUWvYmvudmRfA-Kbq8dt5LTEm8zpjDpE_eqfjQd_t75YoM01dzpgfsM2OtkXQRX-G79IeS3774ndizh6iZ9cZ92i3gcozq

I have served Her Imperial Majesty for now four years of my life, and wish to make it clear that I have struggled with my every breath for a court that embraces whole-heartedly the teachings of the Canonist Church, and the virtues thus associated with it. Namely, I speak of the primary virtues of loyalty, humility, diligence, and chastity. 

It is this last virtue which now is my primary concern: chastity. 

On this evening, the 14th of Sigismund’s End, I was present at the Baltas Concert, held in the interior theater of Novellen Palace for the enjoyment of His Imperial Majesty and his faithful court. I must commend the Duchess of Ostland, Anna, for her great efforts in bringing culture and the fine arts to our Majesty’s grand palace, as the majority of the performances were splendidly done. 

My concern was raised at the end of this performance, when one masked man took to the stage, soon flanked by common dancers, clad in some strange and loose garb, who then proceeded to wave their arms and clothing about their heads like harlots soliciting men on the street side, causing many a married man in the audience to swiftly avert their eyes. I myself left the hall soon after the entrance of these ‘exotic’ women, going to my rooms and then to the palace chapel to pray for the souls of those poor women involved, that they might turn away from this profession of indecency and lewdness and move towards a life of chastity and piety.

I can hardly blame the women themselves for this occurrence, as much as my heart drives me to, for I know that they are a product of a city that allows Cactus Green to be sold on the street side along with birth control potions, in a city where girls of the gentry stride brazenly forth with exposed shoulders even in the winter. Nay, I must turn my gaze and admonishment upon those who should know better, who should have been raised to abide by a higher standard than these common streetside courtesans. It is with great shame that I must admonish the members of the Imperial Court, who allowed this to happen. I shall not name them here, for they know in their hearts if they were complicit in this baudy matter, but I will request that they seek penance with the many holy men of the city, that they might turn away from such lurid activities in the future. 

Perhaps it is my own fault, for not having imposed proper standards and morals upon the court prior, or perhaps it is the failing of our tutors, that they have not made this new generation of courtiers decent and pious. Regardless, I shall pen this now, so that from this day forth there can be no mistaking what is improper behavior for courtly life.

Both lords and ladies are expected to hold themselves to the highest standard. They represent not only their own persons, but their houses and company as well, and their improper actions reflect upon the entirety of the Imperial Court. They should not engage in unwarranted violence, nor shall they engage in debauchery (including but not limited to the use of drugs, and soliciting call girls). They will be expected to treat all other members of the court with the utmost respect, and shall avoid any and all behaviors that would cause distress or injury to their peers. 

Those members of the court who cannot follow these basic guidelines for proper conduct and behavior shall have their privilege of attending court reviewed thoroughly by not only myself, but His Excellency Jahan Basrid, as well as the Empress, Lorena Christina. 

IN NOMINEI DEI

Her Excellency Valentina var Ruthern, Majordomo of Novellen, Grand Lady of Imperial Court

Edited by yandeer

Chesna Kovachev snickered as she received word of the missive and its description of recent events, bringing a hand to her mouth.  “Goodness gracious!” the golden-haired woman said, shaking her head in disbelief.  “I would kill to see the faces of those shocked by that sight, as distasteful as it was in such a formal setting-“ she then paused, snickering again as she called out to one of her brothers, teasingly.  “VASILI!  VASILI, HAVE YOU HEARD OF THE WOMEN OF THE NIGHT IN HELENA?!  You may be interested!” @Rudster

-=-

A young woman wearing a shabby garb stained with sweat and dirt was sitting against an old oak, reading a copy of one of the missives she had discovered on a table in a nearby inn.  Her lips curled into a faint smirk of amusement and she emitted a quiet laugh.  The missive beckoned forth an old memory; of a scantily-clad noble woman being scolded at court by a respectable baroness.  She rose a hand to wipe a tear from her dirt-smeared cheek, then brushed back some of of her light auburn hair.

A high elf gets a rare bit of news from the empire she misses. Reviewing it, she begins to laugh and show it to her friends in company. 

“Roast them, girlie. Roast ‘em like chestnuts!”

She returns to chugging down hot mulled cider.

Başıl Karamanoğlu peered over the letter in his office, sitting on the floor as he was flanked by a couple of literate young peasants. “Do I understand this correctly?” he’d lean forward towards the young Bryan, showing the letter to him. “Ye- I mean, evet Your Excellency the Inspector-General.” Başıl nodded once more, cracking his knuckles before penning a letter to the Grand Lady of the Imperial Court.

Merhaba, Kadin of the palace,

I understand your initial desire for civility before a Bey. The leader of any Stone Yurt deserves a degree of gratitude, servitude and honour when his subjects stand in his presence. But while your conclusion is good, your substance is not.

The Stone Yurt of Helena truly prides itself in the vast variety of peoples it can attract: bringing in commerce, swords for the war and in my case, service to the Empire and its bürücraci. The dancers you were so disgusted by were Rheynari: a culture not so distant from our great Subudai ancestors. A bond that, despite its distance in history, brings the Karamanoğullari close to its Basrid and Konchak contemporaries. With this letter, not only do you express yourself with a certain reckless liberty that a lady isn’t supposed to have, but you insult the very cultural expressions that are the slices of peach in the Empire’s yogurt.

In your letter, you reference the name Jahan Basrid, who is apart of the same lineage you scoff at with this unladylike correspondence. If the Basrid Bey seeks a dance that expresses his culture, or a Karamanoğullari Bey wishes to smoke Hookah with his kardeşler, a woman is in no place to reject that. You point to and judge the fine dancers of the steppes for their lack of physical chastity, while you lack the spiritual chastity by penning this grave insult to all people that call themselves Farfolk.

If I find a letter that states that my privilege to attend a court I serve, is being reviewed. By Kashgar, I shall wish for a thousand swans to trample you.

Sana yeşermiş ve güçlü bir zeytin ağacının sağlığını dilerim.

Başıl Karamanoğlu

Inspector-General

gdzw8dj3LDP8yDbRR5_FWHUWNmmCkePxu3q5N_rQOPvZLSX9buKRb-KnxA_G44nm9JG_xpeeiyw-KMcyvg2gYJXkbl5-kOWeCwtcfUhfhi-pXia3cexGF3xIujqZ6miJjiOVjhgD

Edited by Draeris
spacing

“What you might see as horrible in your eyes, one might see as normal in another.” Matthias pondered to the winds. “My mother was Southernos, and the region which Southernos lived in was a hot one. Thus, their culture allowed them to wear thin fabric, or show their stomach and arms in order to prevent overheating. It was a norm in their lands, not an abhorrence.”

Somewhere, a young dogsbody reads through the correspondence. He gets halfway through before slipping back into daydreams of power and violence.

Having spoke of not caring to serve his role in privy within the walls of the palace due to condescension and hostility towards the various cultures that surrounded Helena, ‘Dima’ Ratispora would simply send notice of this to the Archchancellor. A not simply reading, ‘Let not my work go wasted on people like these.’, he set out first to the Adrian Heartlands, then to Haense.

“Al- Jihad Al-Jihad, may we fight to please you, for the lord knows our souls, and has sharpened them for you. Al-Jihad al-jihad, may we right, the wrong, may we dance in the fields, and spill the blood of him, for we will be called one day, to gain the rewards of the all high. To the high lands we march to the low lands we cross, to the rivers we drink, to the fields where we sleep.” Zubayr Ibn Zayaad marched with his fellow janissarys, singing the marching song of the shaheed across arcas until he saw the letter and reads it “kaffirs, Insulting farfolks where they can, no matter, Allah has blinded their hearts and they shall walk blindly on the day of judgement into the fires of the nether... We all know farfolk women wear hijab and cover themselves head to toe, to hide their beauty for only their husbands unlike these kaffirs....And the cactus green? We use it for medical purposes.” he shruged tearing the letter and marched away with his men humming the Nashuds of jihad.

Foreign blooded  Supreme court justice Indra Kentri reads this missive with dismay.  “How toxic of her.” He’d comment offhandedly.

Adam Ibn Bashar Kharadeen would nod with Zubayr as he continue to peddle cactus green to the troops sometimes.... mostly sells them to OREN and AIS soldiers alike they top buyers ;3 understanding that some people just don’t like jihadi as they epic and they feel intimidated 

4 minutes ago, NJBB said:

“I think this person hates colored people.” says Godfric

Zubzayr passes this man stoping giving him pita bread and date fruit “Farfolk lives matter my friend.” he nodded proudly of godfric who he now gave the qalasheen card to.

Valentina Var Ruthern revels in her new position as Helena’s new CEO of Racism, wiping a single tear from her white guilt-ridden eyes.

Edited by yandeer

Devitus applauds the letter, raising it up for himself to see, staring in a mirror.

”See this? This the gubbins the Drow n’wah would do in their caverns of ‘serenity.’ We Dunmer don’t associate with covert erotic operatives dancing in role for the amusement of the spiritual operators that control us. I applaud the Lady Ruthern, really do!”