Sign in to follow this  
Naj

A Resignation

A Resignation

*A letter is sent to all Officers and members of the ISA and the Privy Council and pinned outside the ISA Bastille in Helena*

7th of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1747,

To my esteemed colleagues and comrades, 

For nearly 30 years I have served as the Secretary of War. In my time, we have seen great upheaval in the world order. Yet, we have stood fast. The current war is fated to end and with it, Oren will remain. Because of this, I believe I have succeeded in my role. I know not all of us have always agreed on the best approach to solve our issues, but it is within our belief in a strong and unified humanity that brought us triumph. In all my years of combat, from the defeat of Lorraine, to the valiant defense of Haense, I know that in the end, men will stand up for what is right. We must instill within our great Empire the ideals which we hold so dear. We must not let ourselves be led astray by personal ambition or internal strife. It is then that I issue my formal resignation and request for discharge. I retire now to my home in Harlingen with my fellow veterans, though I am not gone. I will rise to the occasion as I have before to protect my home so long as it should need me. I thank each of you for the time we have served together and I look forward to hearing of the great accomplishments of this Empire in our future. 

Nothing above the Empire

Leonard II de Ruyter, Count of Harlingen, Knight of St. Edmund’s Cross and Former Secretary of War

Edited by Naj

”Enjoy your retirement, you’ve worked hard.” Edyth would say, recalling when she first approached Leonard about joining the ISA! 

33 minutes ago, BenevolentManacles said:

John drinks to Leonard’s retirement, recalling the day he had knighted the man. “A wonderful servant of the Emperor, and a great man.”

John’s glass of red wine frowns “That’s not what you said yesterday...”

A burned husk of a man smiles proudly upon reading the resignation. As his stiff fingers slowly fold the letter back up, the aged, tired knight closes his eyes and lays his head back against his pillow.

“Rest well, cousin. You have done our family a great service.”

10 minutes ago, Icarnus said:

Adrian greets his old friend at the gates to the seven.

Joseph stares at Adrian, quizzically.

“I don’t think he’s dead yet.”

36 minutes ago, YPJgamer1999 said:

Joseph stares at Adrian, quizzically.

“I don’t think he’s dead yet.”

Tupac.jpg

dude tupac (leonard) isnt dead!!!