THE SAFETY TEAM ANNOUNCEMENT

Draeris

err why is the “safety team” getting involved in bans regarding quality of roleplay and alt accounts? wtf does that have to do with safety 

Feedback and Concerns.

First of all, as some of the vague comments mention above, this frankly does not fix anything. The responsibilities that are highlighted within the ‘Safety team’ are the responsibilities of the moderation team. It isn’t logical to spend two months – designing a new team.

Those two months could have been spent retraining the current moderators, or briefing moderators to truly handle such fragile situations. This team serves nothing but to increase the current staff rota. Moderators have already been tasked with less and less to approach. Ban appeals being now handled by community team, now the safety of our community being handed to a team pulled from thin air.

28 minutes ago, Draeris said:

This can vary from harassment between players

Without going into black and white details, there were numerous complains that you had been harassing a player. As discussed, there were some concerns but if you truly wish to lead a team that prevents these cases. You may need to practice before preaching. From my encounters with you, you’ve had a tendency to be quite sensitive and quick-tempered. Something that cannot be the case when dealing with such serious incidents such as harassment or paedophilia cases.

Second point, Harassment cases are literally the responsibility of the Moderation team. Removing these cores, quite frankly makes the team look useless. The issues highlighted above could have been quite easily resolved had moderation had the correct time to be guided through a more useful procedure. 

Concerning Ggt, Narthok and Swifty

Again, situations that shouldn’t be the ‘safety teams’ concern, you spoke your responsibility was to make the community feel safe. Handling banned players is not something you should be focusing on.

If a moderator is believed to have been abusing any evidence they were given and banning unjustly it should be taken to either management or the administrator responsible for the team. Not yourselves.

So my questions?

What becomes of moderation?
Have any of you any form of moderation experience?
Do any of you have any experience in handling serious cases such as harassment?

Everyone, please welcome Bully_Hunter77 to the server!

So, will ggt and swifty be unbanned? what about lewarmonger?

3 minutes ago, TheIchorDruid said:

So my questions?

What becomes of moderation?
Have any of you any form of moderation experience?
Do any of you have any experience in handling serious cases such as harassment?

The moderation team remains the norm in most cases and, unless players specify themselves or admins intervene, will go to the moderation team.

I personally have extensive moderation experience outside of LotC and Xalid for example is an ex-GM. Others have experience in that field as well.

Yes, not only did we have to send in our OOC resumes, but we also had to describe our experiences with (sexual) harassment, etc. My experience comes from being the chairman of multiple chapters and political organizations in my country, where I had to deal with a major HR component and resolve conflicts with that theme. Please await the safety page for more information about our credentials and how we can be held accountable.

2 minutes ago, Draeris said:

The moderation team remains the norm in most cases and, unless players specify themselves or admins intervene, will go to the moderation team.

I personally have extensive moderation experience outside of LotC and Xalid for example is an ex-GM. Others have experience in that field as well.

Yes, not only did we have to send in our OOC resumes, but we also had to describe our experiences with (sexual) harassment, etc. My experience comes from being the chairman of multiple chapters and political organizations in my country, where I had to deal with a major HR component and resolve conflicts with that theme. Please await the safety page for more information about our credentials and how we can be held accountable.

Apparently whatever accreditation and experience you got from your HR work didn’t teach you to not be a creep. I think the response to this thread says enough. Please resign. 

Also, I’d love for you to answer:

12 minutes ago, argonian said:

err why is the “safety team” getting involved in bans regarding quality of roleplay and alt accounts? wtf does that have to do with safety 

47 minutes ago, Harrison said:

just hope its implemented carefully and thought through carefully as was requested on the initial post 

I trust Xalid though I am sketched by others. 

3 minutes ago, rukio said:

I trust Xalid though I am sketched by others. 

you mean the guy that permabanned leowarrior over a false report. big yikes

8 minutes ago, Draeris said:

If you had these experiences, then such should be evident within your behaviour and sadly it is not. As I mentioned, you have been known to be sensitive in heated situations, to be spiteful and quick to jump. Such qualities I do not think should be involved in these kind of situations, we have a moderation team for a reason.

It is our responsibility (or should be) to tackle these issues, sadly such has not been the case as thorough guidance has slackened since Pun. All the team needs is direction and guidance. Those two months, should have been spent training our current moderation team and to haul it out of the mess it is now. Not spent creating a bottomless team that is likely to fall through. 

Just now, Vaynth said:

you mean the guy that permabanned leowarrior over a false report. big yikes

Vaynth, I like you, but you’ve been gone a long time. Xalid does his best for the server when he is around. If that was a mistake, he is human, and I’m sure he’s learned from it. 

A lot of pros and cons. While I like the idea of a safety team, it perhaps should have been introduced in a better way, and the selected starters picked with more caution.

The Anti-Noncensense Guild will prob do a better job.