[Your View] Community Meetings

LotsOfMuffins

Community Meetings

prUfiFdo9UIyKxxovw620PZ-pEJcMuGMBWY6nzGx

Morsgrad, Arcas

Community meetings are currently held once every 6ish months, with one giant meeting involving representatives from every team, based on the teams’ schedule and who can attend when. The past meeting was held at 10 PM CST due to that being the time when the most managers could attend and when every single team could be represented. To read about the previous meeting, go here: 

https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/187960-community-meeting-notes-december-2019/

For the next community meeting, should we make them shorter? Should we have each team have their own meeting to allow for better times for the entire playerbase? Should we not have meetings anymore? Should they be more frequent? How frequent? This has been the first community meeting that I have personally planned, so please give me some feedback below, and I’ll be more than happy to utilize it. I’ve heard some good ideas so far, but this is a place to formally express your thoughts where I can see it all in one place. Don’t be afraid to speak your mind!

Thank you!

holding community meetings at 4am gmt is dumb, better to have the majority of the community able to attend rather than a portion of it.

Please get a better time for Community meetings, I know 4am GMT was the only time that all the admins were “”””avaliable”””” (even though plenty of Admins who decided not to attend were online) but that time for a meeting was pretty bad no matter where you are.

Establish a permanent time for the meetings to be had on a bi-monthly basis.

Yeah the time was definitely off. I get it was the only possibility for managers but europeans aren’t going to be joining when it’s at 5am.

I do think Community Meetings are a good way to connect the whole staff team with the player base, and once every half a year wouldn’t do the job in my opinion. Perhaps once every 3 months...

9 hours ago, Rickson said:

Please get a better time for Community meetings, I know 4am GMT was the only time that all the admins were “”””avaliable”””” (even though plenty of Admins who decided not to attend were online) but that time for a meeting was pretty bad no matter where you are.

Establish a permanent time for the meetings to be had on a bi-monthly basis.

Only Admin who wasn't there was Llir. Both Telanir, Grool and Flam had answered a few questions regarding thier specific fields.

It was nice having them and the current Mod Manager Power House Team of Tiger all present. The time was horrid for alot of people. I do hope the next one is a little more friendly for more timezones.

I know by the time I had started answering questions I was 72% Asleep.

I just watched the audio recording and it seems to have gone really well. Maybe organize the questions a day prior to the meeting. There were a lot of repeat and personal questions that could have been left out to save some time. Also if a question doesn't fully make sense, ask the person who presented it to elaborate beforehand so you guys don’t have to decipher what it means during the meeting.

I agree with others that a LOT of changes will occur on the server within 6 months. Imo community meetings they should be hosted every other month. As for people complaining about time zones, take into consideration there is not going to be a perfect time for everyone to participate. Even if you make it convenient for the American and European time zones, the Oceania time zones will be left out etc. No one truly misses anything anyways because it’s all recorded. So just do what time is best for most of the staff members to be around.

8 hours ago, Braxis said:

Only Admin who wasn't there was Llir. Both Telanir, Grool and Flam had answered a few questions regarding thier specific fields.

It was nice having them and the current Mod Manager Power House Team of Tiger all present. The time was horrid for alot of people. I do hope the next one is a little more friendly for more timezones.

I know by the time I had started answering questions I was 72% Asleep.

Yeah, you’re right actually my bad. I seem to remember there being two admins missing but I realise it was just Kowa and Tythus and Tythus isn’t really involved in LoTC at all anymore.

Timing was obviously an issue, as it was around 4-5 am for European Lotc’ers including myself, and I know a lot of us would’ve liked to actually attend the meeting. I listened to the recording and did feel like a lot of time was wasted with joking around, repeat questions and interrupting others in an attempt to be funny by some. Although I get that these things should never be overly serious this meeting almost took 2 hours which for the amount of questions answered was far too long in my opinion. As suggested above organise the questions a day in advance to prevent chaotic moments where questions are repeated 3-4 times each meeting. Other than that, please host these every month.