[✗] [Invention Lore] Assassin Blade

Arkean

Origin/Backstory

The Assassins blade, a creative solution to almost guarantee the death of a target even if you just cut their skin open a little, but only if used properly. Made by Arkean to suit the needs of an assassin wanting to ensure an untimely death.

Description

The Assassin Blade is essentially a poison delivery tool that can be used with stealth or in open combat as an improved lethal weapon. It has a semi-hollow quillon block that can be filled with poisons or certain acids into the well. The Well is connected to tiny openings in the block that lead to small groves in the blade. these groves are made delicately to ensure a slow flow of the desired chemical through the edge of the blade into the tip. At the tip there is a small hole leading into a small tube made from sticking in a very thin but long piece of metal into the glowing hot metal that flows back down through blade and past the well, once past the well there is a small loop that allows the chemical to return into the well, ensuring the reuse of any chemical that is remaining after combat. It can be made from any material as long as the person has the proper equipment to make the groves and the small hole and tube. The tools to make such an item can be made with the right knowledge, currently only possessed by Arkean and not written down anywhere yet.

Capabilities

The blade is capable of being able to deliver the desired chemical into the opened wound or cut when slicing into a target. This can allow poisons to flow into the blood stream and acids to burn into the body once the wound has been made causing both excruciating pain and possible death over time.

Red Lines/Restrictions

The knowledge to make such a blade is possessed only by its creator, Arkean. You can only obtain one if it is made by Arkean currently. Also, if you want to make one yourself, it is a very long process to learn and for me to teach. Because it will be a powerful and deadly weapon, you MUST fill in an application WITH MY SUPPORT/APPROVAL for learning how to make it, however, you do not need to make an application to buy one from Arkean. In purchasing it, you just simply need to leave your IGN, MCNAME, and discord tag with me so I may inform staff on who I have sold it to. DONT BE “SMART” AND TRY TO LEAVE ME SOMEONE ELSES DISCORD/INFORMATION. I WILL CHECK BEFORE I GIVE YOU THE BLADE!

Purpose (OOC)

It brings in a new way for Assassins to kill their target. This will allow them to improve their odds in killing their target, however there is always a chance that the target can seek proper medical attention before severe side effects can kick in and kill them.

Citation Spoiler

1322589350_parts-of-a-sword1.jpg.79e836c8950f80519c05d5275f2068f1.jpg

Inspiration taken from actual strategies and weapons used by ancient and medieval assassins.

Not sure if something like this requires a lore submission, from what I know it should only require rp to craft something like this (LT don’t hurt me). Also, it would be pretty useless considering alchemy and poison are currently shelved, so it’s just another dagger.

Alchemy and poison are not shelved, literally anyone can submit alchemical recipes for approval, and that includes poisons

11 minutes ago, Rave_Cave_marb said:

Not sure if something like this requires a lore submission, from what I know it should only require rp to craft something like this (LT don’t hurt me). Also, it would be pretty useless considering alchemy and poison are currently shelved, so it’s just another dagger.

its part of a 2 part post, the blade and the poison to go into the blades well. this is so that people know what the poison is for and how it will work with the blade. 

11 hours ago, Arkean said:

The knowledge to make such a blade is possessed only by its creator, Arkean. You can only obtain one if it is made by Arkean currently.

ill save you some heartache in that we do allow exclusive materials/inventions but you must explain how they work, how theyre made, what it does exactly and it’s mechanism. A player cannot manage “applications” for any lore creation, or even this. And just to be certain- don’t rp this. Poisons cannot be used currently, especially upon weapons. A instakill weapon is something I’ll admit is an instant denial and a huge redflag for moderation, and loreteam if applicable.

If you legitimately want to push an.. invention, piece, I would do the following
Scrap this idea entirely

Make an interesting, unique idea that isn’t currently on the server (and preferably not a uninspired real life invention with obscure detailing)
Give exact mechanisms to how it works and what it does, how it functions
Give exact ways to how its created, you can have the origins rp’d as your character making it, but you need to write down all info about it regardless

dont format like this its really weird and frustrating

And a player-run application process or format will not work overall. If you seriously want this to work, comment “Self Denied” and contact a lore manager ( @Zarsies or @Killmatronix ) and they’re have it sorted for you while you work on a proper piece. 

First of all, it is not an instakill weapon. it is just a sword that can deliver the poison I created to any wounds It make. the poison is also easily cured so that takes out any disadvantages people have with finding cures. secondly, I want those who I teach to have staff approval simply so the staff don’t have to worry about me teaching anyone and everyone, especially those that the staff are suspicious of or don’t want them learning this. Thirdly, I want the staff to have a list of those who know of this technology through posting applications to keep as records should it ever be allowed to use poisons. this is so staff know who wants to use this design to add poisoning effects to their weapons. lastly, It is using an easily cured poison. simply douse yourself in water to remove the acid, drink water to dilute the poison in your system for rp reasons, then drink milk to remove the effects of the poison and everything else.

this is not meant to be disrespectful In any way, just to inform you of reasons why I added certain things into my invention design.

Edited by Arkean

It may not be an instakill weapon now, but people are definitely gonna use it as one. I hate to put the burden of exploitation on you, but theres literally no way someone’s gonna look at a quill tip poison knife and not think this is something that lets them nick an enemy and force them to go falling down foaming at the mouth like that one lady in waiting from Elizabeth. there’s a reason poisons are (banned? frowned upon? generally restricted?) it just makes for bad, powergamey roleplay, ESPECIALLY if it’s automatic stealth poison from a special knife.

Edited by FlareGunCalamity

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.