The 1.14 Problem - Update II

mmat

Hello again guys,

I span a pm to Korvic this morning asking on the status of our 1.15 salvation and I’ve got some tentative news in addition to a conservative (or so I have been told) deadline, but don’t take that as any sort of rule, but instead a guideline.

Most of the big plugins are now on 1.15, and all that needs doing is fully testing each plugin to ensure they will work as we need them to. The process of doing this should be shorter than the previous period unless major issues come up. IF that happens, fixing the issues will obviously require more time.

Korvic has given me an incredibly tentative and rough estimate of a month or so until it is in full working order, which could either go up or (hopefully) down based upon a whole bunch of coding stuff which I know nothing about.

In the meantime, the devs will be shifting some stuff around to separate servers in order to ease the pressure which ought to reduce overall lag.

That is all.

PS: we also have another dev back from hiatus so that’s good right?

I mean, it is mainly 1.14 fault.

P.S Praise the Sun Korvic

we have to remain on 1.14 for a further month? LOL

THE EVERWAR CONTINUES

Edited by Narthok

Can we get an explanation as to why reverting to 1.13 was dismissed as an option

Also korvic is a saint

9 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Can we get an explanation as to why reverting to 1.13 was dismissed as an option

Also korvic is a saint

From the community meeting, there wasn’t any devs around to do it and ‘head admin’ wasn’t there to make the call. Essentially they left it too late meaning if we revert now people will lose a lot of progress. Though still, why haven’t the admins done anything to make it clear to new players whats going on, I can almost guarantee you that every new player who has joined whilst we’ve been on 1.14 has left and won’t be coming back due to this.

32 minutes ago, Xarkly said:

Also korvic is a saint

you gotta go straight to telanir i dont think anyone supported continuing onward

if they did and saw the current state of the server and it’s rp catch me laughing at them

Thank you for braving the community ire and being frank; such is not an easy job. These threads keeping those who do still play and those who have left because of what LoTC has become in recent weeks, updated, is by far the best communication come out of the staff team recently.

1 hour ago, ReveredOwl said:

From the community meeting, there wasn’t any devs around to do it and ‘head admin’ wasn’t there to make the call. Essentially they left it too late meaning if we revert now people will lose a lot of progress. Though still, why haven’t the admins done anything to make it clear to new players whats going on, I can almost guarantee you that every new player who has joined whilst we’ve been on 1.14 has left and won’t be coming back due to this.

no way there wasn’t any 1.13 backups only 2 days after updating to 1.14 lol

if there weren’t then that’s the most retarded backup policy there is

2 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Also korvic is a saint

because no one paid any attention to this idea or could swallow their pride to admit we should revert quick enough before reverting would cause substantial loss for those on the map

bruh who cares about loss revert this **** the servers legitimately unplayable, just give ppl LC for a week 

3 hours ago, Xarkly said:

Also korvic is a saint

1 hour ago, argonian said:

no way there wasn’t any 1.13 backups only 2 days after updating to 1.14 lol

if there weren’t then that’s the most retarded backup policy there is

Considering I was staff on the time and got into this debate I'll go into what happened.

Kowaman released in staff announcements he is going to be updating the server to 1.14 in the next few weeks. 

The server updates to 1.14, kowaman than proceeded to go on hiatus and for a week no one could contact him. During this week the server went to **** with chunk lag, half of our core plugins broke, Korvic was going to leave with the chaos and no one was around to give answers. Telanir didn't even comment. 

Roughly a week after 1.14 we hear from Telanir... from a screenshot he messaged another player saying we're staying in 1.14. Not in staff chat, from a player. This is how we found out. In staff. The next few hours it was finally said in staff that Kowaman wanted 1.14 and Telanir sided with him and that's the story of how we didn't revert. Despite community and staff asking for a revert to 1.13. Whatever Kowaman said, outruled everyone else.