The 1.14 Problem - Update II

mmat

14 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Considering I was staff on the time and got into this debate I'll go into what happened.

Kowaman released in staff announcements he is going to be updating the server to 1.14 in the next few weeks. 

The server updates to 1.14, kowaman than proceeded to go on hiatus and for a week no one could contact him. During this week the server went to **** with chunk lag, half of our core plugins broke, Korvic was going to leave with the chaos and no one was around to give answers. Telanir didn't even comment. 

Roughly a week after 1.14 we hear from Telanir... from a screenshot he messaged another player saying we're staying in 1.14. Not in staff chat, from a player. This is how we found out. In staff. The next few hours it was finally said in staff that Kowaman wanted 1.14 and Telanir sided with him and that's the story of how we didn't revert. Despite community and staff asking for a revert to 1.13. Whatever Kowaman said, outruled everyone else. 

Thank you for being transparent with us

1 hour ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Considering I was staff on the time and got into this debate I'll go into what happened.

Kowaman released in staff announcements he is going to be updating the server to 1.14 in the next few weeks. 

The server updates to 1.14, kowaman than proceeded to go on hiatus and for a week no one could contact him. During this week the server went to **** with chunk lag, half of our core plugins broke, Korvic was going to leave with the chaos and no one was around to give answers. Telanir didn't even comment. 

Roughly a week after 1.14 we hear from Telanir... from a screenshot he messaged another player saying we're staying in 1.14. Not in staff chat, from a player. This is how we found out. In staff. The next few hours it was finally said in staff that Kowaman wanted 1.14 and Telanir sided with him and that's the story of how we didn't revert. Despite community and staff asking for a revert to 1.13. Whatever Kowaman said, outruled everyone else. 

this guy tried to do a DMCA takedown of the server because we were using his code

how is he still staff, lmao

Someone get Korvic a raise

21 hours ago, Narthok said:

we have to remain on 1.14 for a further month? LOL

THE EVERWAR CONTINUES

Hey, at least now it’s assured that this will be longer than the 18 year war.