We Have a Problem

Eddywilson2

great work eddy and im 100% in agreement, except for the part where you said it wasn’t once like that. It always has been. There’s just been a veil placed over most of the playerbase’s faces. Regrettably, I was a firsthand witness to how inner affairs work. I simply wish others in that community, and dare I say the leadership, adhered to such an enlightened mindset. Let’s hope they do so in the future because if they don’t, I’m sure you can agree it’s time for change – both in leadership and how we treat each other on this server.

Yaknow I already know this forum post is gunna turn into a complete sh*tstorm so lemme start by going first and saying I support this post.

Nation leaders and nation figures need to be good rolemodels for the people below them. A nation that does not call out its own for blatant bullsh*t and bullying is completely in the wrong.

I see it in every community and its disgusting how certain bullying is condoned whilst other **** isnt.

Dont turn a blind eye to toxic assholes even if theyre you're friend or apart of your nation. Call them out, because by associating and allowing them to do their **** under your wing, you are apart of the problem.

I am glad that this post was made.  Life is too short to cause drama and spread hatefulness.  I understand that I may be imperfect at times, or even petty in others, but I often try my hardest to be kind to others.  I’ve heard about so many stories on how someone's thoughtless and small act of kindness ended up changing a person’s life, or even saving them from suicide.  Those stories have always stuck with me.

We’re all here to have fun and write stories, or to at least escape whatever terrors of reality there is by stepping into a world of our own creation.  So why make this creation of ours bitter?

Also, an edit; don’t use this post as an excuse to point fingers at Haense and only Haense.  There are many flawed people on this server, in many different player-bases.  So I ask that you take a moment to reflect upon yourself and your behavior/actions on this Minecraft server, and I want you to ask yourself; is all of this hate worth it?

Image result for bob ross gifs"

As was showcased on the forums an hour or two ago, I made the mistake of calling axelu a “dumb *****”. Why did I do it? Because I was angry that someone I once considered a friend would turn and make a post against the community that he was a part of and one that I’ve worked extremely hard to preserve and make a welcoming place for new players and veteran players alike.

This post especially talks to me; I’ve failed recently to be respectful to my peers and for that I’m sincerely sorry. I can only hope to be better in the future, and hope that you, eddy, and others in the Haense community are ready to call me out whenever I sink too low.

10 minutes ago, Axelu said:

great work eddy and im 100% in agreement, except for the part where you said it wasn’t once like that. It always has been. There’s just been a veil placed over most of the playerbase’s faces. Regrettably, I was a firsthand witness to how inner affairs work. I simply wish others in that community, and dare I say the leadership, adhered to such an enlightened mindset. Let’s hope they do so in the future because if they don’t, I’m sure you can agree it’s time for change – both in leadership and how we treat each other on this server.

Axelu, it wasn’t always like this. I speak of the early times of Haense. However, whether you agree or not is your prerogative so I won’t argue that.

This post was shared with the leadership prior to being made. We agreed to post it as it is something that needs to be worked on. The leadership is not in the right here either. We ALL need to work towards a better community, and that starts there.

Just now, Pureimp10 said:

As was showcased on the forums an hour or two ago, I made the mistake of calling axelu a “dumb *****”. Why did I do it? Because I was angry that someone I once considered a friend would turn and make a post against the community that he was a part of and one that I’ve worked extremely hard to preserve and make a welcoming place for new players and veteran players alike.

This post especially talks to me; I’ve failed recently to be respectful to my peers and for that I’m sincerely sorry. I can only hope to be better in the future, and hope that you, eddy, and others in the Haense community are ready to call me out whenever I sink too low.

A community that, apparently, had a strong dislike for me and barely trusted me – for good reason, it now seems! Don’t play the victim card; it gets boring.

If this isn’t just to save face, and it works, good for y’all. I personally think there are folks on both sides who are irreparably shitty to the point it won’t be fixed, but the sentiment is nice regardless.

+1 for taking the effort to write this and doing it in public. 

Thank you for making this, it needed to be said 

2 minutes ago, BardMainHere said:

If this isn’t just to save face, and it works, good for y’all. I personally think there are folks on both sides who are irreparably shitty to the point it won’t be fixed, but the sentiment is nice regardless.

This on top of the other stuff I said in disc.  

You’ve already seen my thoughts on it in the discord Eddy. 

I fully endorse this post that you’ve made, Eddy. I too agree that IC business should be left IC and that we should be slower to get angry. OOC issues should be resolved in smaller group chats and shouldn't be turned into huge shitstorms.

As I don’t idly post on the forums very often, so I am well aware that people may not know much about why I returned to LotC. I’d like to share my story regarding how I came to Haense and my own view on the community that we cherish so dearly.

When I initially returned to the Lord of the Craft following a three year hiatus, I didn’t know a soul. Many of my old friends had disappeared and those I knew didn’t really care to hang out with me. The Haense community took me under it’s wing and gave me a group of tightly knit, fun loving friends in an environment that was among the chillest that I’ve ever seen on LotC. If it weren’t for Haense, I would have likely left the server forever after the old members of House Stafyr went inactive. But I fell in love with it and with it’s players, and I promised to try to help them however I could. It reminded me of the server of old, and I loved Haense. I still do.

But we do have a problem. There’s no doubt about it, and I too will no longer condone OOC attacks on one another within this community. It’s not right. And this isn’t why I rejoined LotC.

This vitriol isn’t why I’ve stuck around for so long through the hardest semester I’ve ever had in college to help a mineman nation on a server that I had thought I had outgrown. Life’s too short to be at each other’s throats.

When I became the NL of Haense, I promised myself and this community that I would end this sort of infighting. I stand by my promise and will continue to work however I can to do so no matter my role within it.

I encourage each and every one of the players in it to do the same, within and outside of the leadership of Haense.

Edited by AndrewTech

Why bother trynna air your concerns when your haense leadership gonna just brush this under da rug n continue pretending all is well. Considering pureimp aint even gonna own up to the fact that axelu did what he did due to prior treatments n not what pureimp elegantly stated as some tantrum over not getting barbanov 5.0 

pureimps apology tldr: ah yes i am sorry for calling this young man, Axelu, a dumb ***** – but for a reason! He has, ALAS ((ALAS)), done me great harm by SENSELESSLY betraying HAENSE! 

not even going to address Axelu's point of being pressured when he was under queenship or even the time after that, doe 

im all over ooc bein ooc n ic bein ic but here  have some more concerns tossed up!

23 minutes ago, Axelu said:

You fabricated an entire story up, from what I perceive to be a result of anger because you were denied the ability to play one of andewtech's daughters after you were promised the position.

You also cannot say you have experienced the inner workings on the Haense leadership because you arent in any of the chats that contain any sensitive information. You were exposed to the bare minimum. You are a liar. Haense is not a community of saints, I understand, but we never did actively harrass you as a result of your actions, only some poor choices of words were said by a select few and that was it. Haense is not a hivemind, these actions do not represent our entire community.

I do understand that some of the reactions were quite severe, and I do not condone such, but you must understand that this issue you've brought up is entirely fabricated and without your partner's (icarnus) approval - which lead us to believe you were attempting to destabilize our playerbase through ooc measures.

You failed to treat us with basic courtesy and as a result, received a kneejerk reaction from some people who were suddenly upset by your lies.

8 minutes ago, seannie said:

You fabricated an entire story up, from what I perceive to be a result of anger because you were denied the ability to play one of andewtech's daughters after you were promised the position.

You also cannot say you have experienced the inner workings on the Haense leadership because you arent in any of the chats that contain any sensitive information. You were exposed to the bare minimum. You are a liar. Haense is not a community of saints, I understand, but we never did actively harrass you as a result of your actions, only some poor choices of words were said by a select few and that was it. Haense is not a hivemind, these actions do not represent our entire community.

I do understand that some of the reactions were quite severe, and I do not condone such, but you must understand that this issue you've brought up is entirely fabricated and without your partner's (icarnus) approval - which lead us to believe you were attempting to destabilize our playerbase through ooc measures.

You failed to treat us with basic courtesy and as a result, received a kneejerk reaction from some people who were suddenly upset by your lies.

I could care less ab playing a barbanov buddy..... its minecraft and ive played several alrdy!

what i do care ab is being treated w respect in a nation that i started the server on, which i havent gotten for a while now.

u literally came back to the server like a month or two ago so chill on pretending yk everything

7 minutes ago, seannie said:

insulting someone over a roleplay forum post and using very abrasive language is a little more than a kneejerk reaction lmao