We Have a Problem

Eddywilson2

Just now, Axelu said:

I could care less ab playing a barbanov buddy..... its minecraft and ive played several alrdy!

what i do care ab is being treated w respect in a nation that i started on, which i havent gotten for a while now.

u literally came back to the server like a month or two ago so chill on pretending yk everything

yeah ok cool story

ah cool another insincere bandwagon that everyone is going to jump on while no one makes meaningful changes to their own behaviour. Let’s all pat ourselves on the back about how sorry we are that our facades fell off and revealed our true selves for all of 5 seconds. what a joke. 

17 minutes ago, AndrewTech said:

I fully endorse this post that you’ve made, Eddy. I too agree that IC business should be left IC and that we should be slower to get angry. OOC issues should be resolved in smaller group chats and shouldn't be turned into huge shitstorms.

As I don’t idly post on the forums very often, so I am well aware that people may not know much about why I returned to LotC. I’d like to share my story regarding how I came to Haense and my own view on the community that we cherish so dearly.

When I initially returned to the Lord of the Craft following a three year hiatus, I didn’t know a soul. Many of my old friends had disappeared and those I knew didn’t really care to hang out with me. The Haense community took me under it’s wing and gave me a group of tightly knit, fun loving friends in an environment that was among the chillest that I’ve ever seen on LotC. If it weren’t for Haense, I would have likely left the server forever after the old members of House Stafyr went inactive. But I fell in love with it and with it’s players, and I promised to try to help them however I could. It reminded me of the server of old, and I loved Haense. I still do.

But we do have a problem. There’s no doubt about it, and I too will no longer condone OOC attacks on one another within this community. It’s not right. And this isn’t why I rejoined LotC.

This vitriol isn’t why I’ve stuck around for so long through the hardest semester I’ve ever had in college to help a mineman nation on a server that I had thought I had outgrown. Life’s too short to be at each other’s throats.

When I became the NL of Haense, I promised myself and this community that I would end this sort of infighting. I stand by my promise and will continue to work however I can to do so no matter my role within it.

I encourage each and every one of the players in it to do the same, within and outside of the leadership of Haense.

this reads like an astro turfed political statement

24 minutes ago, Pureimp10 said:

As was showcased on the forums an hour or two ago, I made the mistake of calling axelu a “dumb *****”. Why did I do it? Because I was angry that someone I once considered a friend would turn and make a post against the community that he was a part of and one that I’ve worked extremely hard to preserve and make a welcoming place for new players and veteran players alike.

making an rp post isn’t “turncoating”, its just roleplay. It’s not my place to appreciate an apology but I like that you did. 

We’re all here for fun, whether it be through adding to the story in RP, being apart of a community, etc. I think there’s a lot of reasons as to why things have been so uptight as of late, but I won’t list them off because that’s not the reason for me commenting. We all need to work together to improve ourselves as a community, be that in our own respective nations and as the community of LotC as a whole; this including the leaders, players, newcomers – everyone. We’re not here to hurt each other, and I think everyone can agree to that. There is no reason to spread hatred or endorse it on a game that we are all trying to enjoy.

There are so many amazing people from all sides of this community. No one is inherently ‘evil’ or ‘bad’. Yes, no one is perfect either but we can still try to be good to each other, even if it’s a small act. It’s human nature to get angry and upset, but realizing our mistakes and reflecting on that is what matters – as well as communication and talking over the issue. We need to reflect on our actions before we make them, because we don’t know what they could mean or do to someone else. I feel like @UnBaed said it perfectly: “Life is too short to cause drama and spread hatefulness.”

Just now, Eryane said:

We’re all here for fun, whether it be through adding to the story in RP, being apart of a community, etc. I think there’s a lot of reasons as to why things have been so uptight as of late, but I won’t list them off because that’s not the reason for me commenting. We all need to work together to improve ourselves as a community, be that in our own respective nations and as the community of LotC as a whole; this including the leaders, players, newcomers – everyone. We’re not here to hurt each other, and I think everyone can agree to that. There is no reason to spread hatred or endorse it on a game that we are all trying to enjoy.

There are so many amazing people from all sides of this community. No one is inherently ‘evil’ or ‘bad’. Yes, no one is perfect either but we can still try to be good to each other, even if it’s a small act. It’s human nature to get angry and upset, but realizing our mistakes and reflecting on that is what matters – as well as communication and talking over the issue. We need to reflect on our actions before we make them, because we don’t know what they could mean or do to someone else. I feel like @UnBaed said it perfectly: “Life is too short to cause drama and spread hatefulness.”

I am both inherently evil and perfect, nice try

1 minute ago, Narthok said:

I am both inherently evil and perfect, nice try

no sir you are not evil.

Edited by Eryane

me laffin that yall still trynna cover the story by saying axelu here just cryin for a bbnov princess thas abt it

30 minutes ago, Eddywilson2 said:

Axelu, it wasn’t always like this. I speak of the early times of Haense. However, whether you agree or not is your prerogative so I won’t argue that.

This post was shared with the leadership prior to being made. We agreed to post it as it is something that needs to be worked on. The leadership is not in the right here either. We ALL need to work towards a better community, and that starts there.

I’m just gonna be honest Haense has never been perfect. I played the first Queen of Haense and there has ALWAYS been a disconnect between the person playing the queen (especially if they’re a genderbender) and the rest of the leadership. WHILE I DO LOVE HAENSE, there also was always an underlying issue of disrespect for the person playing the queen since you guys seem to not want to give them any real responsibilities.

What y’all need to do, and the rest of LOTC needs to do, is to stop allowing people to play your consort whether you’re an emperor, king, duke, whatever, if you’re going to bar them from knowledge, put them in a box that contains little more than ‘throw a ball XD Lol’, and then insult them because you think they are not competent enough to play an active role in the politics of the kingdom and their corresponding command chats like Seannie just did in this thread.

Edited by marquisee

1 minute ago, Trinn said:

me laffin that yall still trynna cover the story by saying axelu here just cryin for a bbnov princess thas abt it

innit! we’re renatian scum trinn ?

tfw barbarian grug realm gives womban leader legal powers. truly progressive

Edited by Narthok

13 minutes ago, Eryane said:

No one is inherently ‘evil’ or ‘bad’.

have u met  d*wper

30 minutes ago, seannie said:

yeah ok cool story

yeah if there’s a post that makes me nearly certain of what I said in my post it’s this one.

18 minutes ago, Axelu said:

innit! we’re renatian scum trinn ?

can u give me an example of haense treating u poorly, im trying to cover up the issue so people will stop yelling at me thanks