We Have a Problem

Eddywilson2

6 minutes ago, seannie said:

can u give me an example of haense treating u poorly, im trying to cover up the issue so people will stop yelling at me thanks

taking into account the optics of what you’re saying alone is enough to deserve being yelled at lmao

Edited by BardMainHere

i’m convinced that seannie is an npc that was cooked up in a nexus alchemy lab. the first true bot lord of the craft has ever seen.

Honest opinion incoming- might receive flack for it but if what is said in the post is true, hopefully this goes over fine. I would like to preface this by saying that these are in no way indicative of anyone else's thoughts and feelings, and just a run down of how I view things. I was upset by what I heard of how Axelu was treated, whether or not people believe what he says to be true, as it was unfair to him as a member of our community to have to endure that. Anywho-

I joined Haense in July after returning from a ban, and have been highly active in the community since, so almost six months at this point. I hope that gives me a little bit of room and credibility to speak on matters, but that is up to the reader to decide. At first, stuff was great! I was moving up through the Brotherhood, participating events and PVPing back in the days the server wasn’t a hellhole of lag. Everything was going splendid, until about October with the War starting. I was away visiting family when Sambech left, and so even though I was not around for the initial fallout, I wasn’t fully happy with how Sambech was treated. Though I will not deny, some things he did in going about achieving his charter were frustrating to say the least, the response he received wasn’t merited. A strictly roleplay based occurence turned into an OOC firestorm being sent the way of Sambech. I spoke with him during this time, and he immediately was hesitant in speaking to me, due to DMs he had been receiving. Though both Sambech and our DMs are gone, I believe he might still be active on the server had he not been met with that reaction. I understand that it sucks, and I wasn’t fully happy, but there comes a time that we as a player base just let him do his own thing, instead of driving him towards leaving, though people in his charter turning on him may have been the catalyst for him leaving.

Soon after this, I started to get fed up with how the war was going. PvP was a mess in voice chat, with different people yelling constantly, and… certain individuals outside our community being allowed to lead fights, at the expense of our own players and enjoyment. Though I definitely didn’t see eye to eye with many people on the strategies we used during the initial stages of war during fights, I will fully admit- I could be a jerk when talking to people, and generally was not in the best of mentalities at the time. I like to PvP, and though others were frustrated at losing fights and such, I was frustrated that we weren’t just fighting to improve. As a result, I would snap at certain players. I started to notice over time that the general mentality towards me changed amongst leadership. Though there were still some who talked to me and worked with me on things, and I can’t begin to express how much I appreciate that, I found others were completely different from when I first joined. Though I cannot claim it was no fault of my own, it seemed as if instead of being a fellow member of the community, I was an enemy within the community. During this time, @MadOne was removed from the position of Lord Marshal, seemingly for not much reason other than OOC tension with leadership. 

November was a rougher month, and overall my relationship with members of Leadership became more and more frayed, to the point where apart from a few select members, LOOC and discord were oftentimes battlegrounds for OOC verbal confrontations. Quickly I started noticing things a little interesting in roleplay, some of which still continue now- characters I either barely knew or had never met inherently disliking my character, assassination attempts on my character, etc. Embellishing on the last point- It was about last Friday or Thursday I believe, and after making a decision both oocly and irply, I went to go play some good ol’ Haenseni chess! While playing and chilling in a voice chat, two masked men suddenly made an attempt on my characters life. Now, no need to name who, the people there know full well who it was. Though IRP reasons could be provided, I have yet to see those, so the initial reaction was the belief of ooc motivation. It frustrated me- I remember a time two months ago in which I did some dumb stuff, broke into a house and caused a player some strife. I apologized and acknowledged what I had done, and still feel bad about it, and received some flack for it. It made me wonder why what I did was horrendous, yet members of the same community attempting to kill one another was okay. After this encounter, I wasn’t the most happy camper to say the least, and messaged a few people on discord. One user I spoke to, who was the one who had drawn issue with me oocly frequently, informed me that I was immature and incapable of acting serious. Okay, that is fine. I cannot convince you to like me or not. However, the individual then told me to message the NL (Andrew) if I had any more issues, which frustrated me. We should be able to work out our own issues without dragging in people who honestly don’t need to be there, yet it was blown aside in an almost childlike manner.

All in all, this post is getting a little lengthy, so I’ll try to wrap it up succinctly. I’ve said this before, and I’ll say it again: As a community, we need to improve. We need to remove OOC from Roleplay, and find ways to get rid of negativity in our discords and interactions, or we will not improve. Simply surviving as a community is not okay. Oftentimes we draw issue with the concept of killing our community, ideas held by our opponents in the war, and become upset with them wishing to do that, yet then we turn around and give them more reasons to wish to do so. We need to stop giving them reasons, stop pushing away members of our community, and work the hell together to improve. As for me, I want it to be clear that I love Haense. I really enjoy this community, and besides many frustrations, I still want to see it thrive. I understand I may have acted wrongly in the past, but that is, well, the past- and I look forward to the future. Thank you to @Eddywilson2 for making this post, and I hope we can all adopt it and improve how we all behave.

Edited by Aidoro
grammar weeb

14 minutes ago, seannie said:

can u give me an example of haense treating u poorly, im trying to cover up the issue so people will stop yelling at me thanks

vv_91qyfyD6yVjKqS3JfhwXTWfyAL8at8cwPC22bYPT5e01TzRtd-X5cR8JMlxcObIOKoM8UrFTAVngntSfKcRTPHEogcGZBOyvKbqV6rZ2E-K82X45G-9mAYk8rQuGGSyy53oO2j4b3VgFaeNmQ9IAaw0CieQzhBRRd2qcfF94rWixrCp2ZKhfY2ukMSrVjq5QsZhAiKvrbefHTKlNYnP5JPt0eQs4aDKJdj06i_I4CjfrK-EzLM8oZK1gr28-vp__MD-dwZT9W69NN

screenshot retrieved from 1 of my many dewper-esque alts (btw) 

My experiences are my own n im not inclined to share them here, though I would like to talk ab how u used a throw away assassin persona 2 kill sm1 u disliked oocly. seems like the kind of behavior we’re trying to avoid here !

image.png

26 minutes ago, marquisee said:

I’m just gonna be honest Haense has never been perfect. I played the first Queen of Haense and there has ALWAYS been a disconnect between the person playing the queen (especially if they’re a genderbender) and the rest of the leadership. WHILE I DO LOVE HAENSE, there also was always an underlying issue of disrespect for the person playing the queen since you guys seem to not want to give them any real responsibilities.

What y’all need to do, and the rest of LOTC needs to do, is to stop allowing people to play your consort whether you’re an emperor, king, duke, whatever, if you’re going to bar them from knowledge, put them in a box that contains little more than ‘throw a ball XD Lol’, and then insult them because you think they are not competent enough to play an active role in the politics of the kingdom and their corresponding command chats like Seannie just did in this thread.

Couple things about this.

First off, you weren’t the first Queen-Consort of Haense. That title goes to the esteemed @yopplwasupxxxduring my reign as Petyr I. 

The second part, you bring up a valid point. In generations past, Haense has done a poor job at involving the Queen-Consort in roleplay. We have just started fleshing out the powers of the Queen-Consort. As you may have seen, @Eryanehas been the pioneer in doing so. I highly advise you to check out her multitude of posts and responsibilities in the Haense section. It is an issue we are working to flesh out and solve.

I wouldn’t attack Haense solely on this either. Every kingdom has a problem bringing their leader’s spouse into playing a role. However, if you look at every nation, I’d say Haense is leading the way in doing so. 

37 minutes ago, Narthok said:

ah cool another insincere bandwagon that everyone is going to jump on while no one makes meaningful changes to their own behaviour. Let’s all pat ourselves on the back about how sorry we are that our facades fell off and revealed our true selves for all of 5 seconds. what a joke. 

this reads like an astro turfed political statement

Heh, joke’s on you. In reality, I wrote that up in five minutes myself and posted it on the spot. 

You don’t know anything about me or what I’m trying to do, Narthok. You don’t know my history, you don’t know my heart, and you sure as hell don’t know my community.

Just now, AndrewTech said:

Heh, joke’s on you. In reality, I wrote that up in five minutes myself and posted it on the spot. 

You don’t know anything about me or what I’m trying to do, Narthok. You don’t know my history, you don’t know my heart, and you sure as hell don’t know my community.

your community is absolute garbage and I don’t really care about who you are sorry bro. 

can u guys don your binkies and just shut the f*** up

do you all really have nothing better to do than to throw middle school cafeteria level insults at one another because holy s*** this is embarrassing i rly hope you guys overcome your minecraft roleplaying feud 

shitters screaming at shitters for being shitters

Nice

Just now, Axelu said:

vv_91qyfyD6yVjKqS3JfhwXTWfyAL8at8cwPC22bYPT5e01TzRtd-X5cR8JMlxcObIOKoM8UrFTAVngntSfKcRTPHEogcGZBOyvKbqV6rZ2E-K82X45G-9mAYk8rQuGGSyy53oO2j4b3VgFaeNmQ9IAaw0CieQzhBRRd2qcfF94rWixrCp2ZKhfY2ukMSrVjq5QsZhAiKvrbefHTKlNYnP5JPt0eQs4aDKJdj06i_I4CjfrK-EzLM8oZK1gr28-vp__MD-dwZT9W69NN

screenshot retrieved from 1 of my many dewper-esque alts (btw) 

My experiences are my own n im not inclined to share them here, though I would like to talk ab how u used a throw away assassin persona 2 kill sm1 u disliked oocly. seems like the kind of behavior we’re trying to avoid here !

image.png

how is this relevant to anything, i like aidoro and rukio and im proud to say we chill with one another, the attempt on their character’s life was purely political, as I wanted my candidate to win his election – plus it wasnt a throwaway character, the assassination attempt was done by my mikael kovachev and njbb playing my brother, yuri kovachev, both nobles of haense. had it been uncovered itd be big af

bro this shiet is weak af, just give me an example already please

4 minutes ago, Aidoro said:

Oftentimes we draw issue with the concept of killing our community, ideas held by our opponents in the war, and become upset with them wishing to do that, yet then we turn around and give them more reasons to wish to do so. 

despite my deep revulsion for Haense and the fact that they’ve repeatedly betrayed, snaked and tried to annihilate my community I have no ooc or rp intention of putting them through what they’ve put my community through. If anyone would actually examine the victory conditions put forward by Statik and confirmed by Telanir rather than listening to propaganda and bellyaching they would know this. 

1 minute ago, seannie said:

how is this relevant to anything, i like aidoro and rukio and im proud to say we chill with one another, the attempt on their character’s life was purely political, as I wanted my candidate to win his election – plus it wasnt a throwaway character, the assassination attempt was done by my mikael kovachev and njbb playing my brother, yuri kovachev, both nobles of haense. had it been uncovered itd be big af

bro this shiet is weak af, just give me an example already please

yeah ok cool story

look at how ur community leaders b reacting to some rp **** n that’ll tell u all u need to kno

this is just cringe man can we please stop commenting and posting cringe lets all go to bed ?

Just now, Axelu said:

yeah ok cool story

look at how ur community leaders b reacting to some rp **** n that’ll tell u all u need to kno

so what pureimp is the sole representative of haense, he’s haense embodied?

you seriously hitting me with this weak stuff you making me doubt you, the rp isnt legit, icarnus says so himself, so what you did was go about trying to claim u making babies with someone who never gave u the approval to make their kid. it aint really rp at that point in the sense of it, more like a veiled ooc attempt to stir shieet up