Story Update - December

GodEmperorFlam

Story Update – December

Spoiler

Greetings folks, I hope y’all had fun over the holidays. Unfortunately I was dragged out of town by family so I’ve been away as of late. I will be going through my forum PMs now that I am back, so if you were trying to reach me I’ll get back to you soon (you should also send me another message/reminder to bump it to the top). After talking with management we’ve decided that this update will NOT include event news, as most of our event plans have been delayed due to the server imploding (make sure to give a big thanks to Korvic and co as they are constantly working at fixing things and making sure we reach 1.15 in a timely fashion). When the server is in a better state we will make a new thread for our event plans.

RTuz2FS.png

Lore Verdicts / Lore Games Ending

Due to me being away for the holidays, verdicts have been delayed. I will be giving them out throughout the next week or so.

Once all the verdicts have been given, (in about a week), I will be writing up a list of the pieces that either failed or were unable to get a submission done in time. The lore pieces on this list will be shelved and people with apps relating to them will have them denied.

If you had a lore piece that failed to have a submission done in time, but took the deal that I offered throughout the lore games, apps will temporarily be suspended. This means that usage of said lore will not be allowed. During this time, I will be reaching out to the various playerbases that are apart of these lore pieces so we can discuss the future of the lore.

Prizes

Prizes for the Lore Games will be handed out at the end of the month once more pieces have been squared away, winners will be contacted directly over discord (or over the forums if I can’t reach you over discord).

RTuz2FS.png

Some Plans for 2020

While 2019 was a year centered around lore maintenance, 2020 will be a year where Story aims at creating things that actively impact the server. 

Event Areas

Rather than maintaining current lore, our projects will revolve around creating special areas around the map that liven things up and give people things to explore/interact with.

These areas will not be something that requires Story members to interact with. The plan is to have a forum thread up for each area, linked in a region flag upon entering the area, that gives players a rundown on what is going on in the area and give them a guide on how they can interact with it. Players will be able to use these areas for player-run events or for more personal experiences to help grow their own RP. At the same time, we will also have Story oriented aspects of the areas so actors and writers can interact with players on a scale with more ease. 

Self-Teaching

A goal of mine is to bring self-teaching back. The old self-teaching was flawed and due to poor resources, led players to self-teaching themselves things incorrectly or RP’ing these things improperly.

With each playable lore piece gaining a proper guide that outlines everything a player needs to know regarding the lore, along with cleanly laid out lore due to the new formatting, we now have proper resources for people to be able to self-teach magic from.

What will be self-teachable is not set in stone at the moment, but we will be aiming to start with evocations and then branch out from there. Ideally we will have an introductory deific and dark magic that can be self-taught as well, but ideas for that still need to be hashed out.

Lore Submissions

We intend to streamline the lore submission process. Sometime in February I will be creating forms that you can fill out to submit your lore, which will format things for you, allowing for a person to submit things without having to stress over formatting. We will also be creating a few other resources that people will be able to utilize when creating lore, in order to bolster the rate of success that a person has when trying to introduce pieces. 

Story will be taking a more proactive approach to things. Before, we allowed people to submit whatever, regardless of if it was a bad concept or not, which led to a lot of denials and people being unhappy that they sunk hours into something that didn’t pan out. I want to avoid this by having channels where we can vet lore concepts to ensure that people aren’t wasting their time.

Implementing Projects from 2019

Throughout the next few months we will begin implementing our projects from 2019. A number of these things will be done in parts, as we want to see if there are issues or not when players interact with these things.

For example, Pantheon shrines and Void Heaths will likely be added to the map in the next month or so. We will be testing player interactions with these areas and will implement a few reagents and other things from the projects. Once we have sufficiently tested and made edits based on the tests, we will start unloading more parts of the project (i.e. boons and bonds).

RTuz2FS.png