The Astral Anomaly; School of the Stars

cruzazul

The Astral Anomaly; School of the Stars

MedievalCosmology02.png

“Through God’s decree, phenomenal events are created. By His will day falls into night, and the heaven’s shimmer amid an abyss of darkness. God created all beings, assigning them to their allowances. Through the stars one might find the thesis of life, if he knows where to look.” 

-Duarte I de Antunyes, Meridian progenitor and Sibyl

PREFACE-

Through the study of stars the mind allows one to reflect upon life, whether it be their own, or one they hold dear to them. Through an outside perception astrology is viewed as a science, but at its core it is much more. The celestial sphere is a physical ball perfectly circular, and so is everything contained therein at all times and in all states. 

For those who wish to gain the knowledge of the philosophers and to understand and ponder their secrets, know that you must first diligently search their books, in which the great wonders of their art can be found, and seek to discover the wonderful science of the astral plane.  Through expeditionary means there are so many new discoveries to be made. Data has been lost for centuries, with hardly any astrological findings being made public for many reasons, most centered around greed and nepotism. First of all,  you must understand that this science has been studied and kept secret by philosophers for centuries, and they have not wished to disclose it to humanity. They prefer it clandestine, and whatever had been shared to the masses was phrased in secret words, and through arbitrary signs and similitudes, as though they spoke of other sciences. And they did this on account of their honesty and goodness, because if this science were revealed to all humanity, the universe would be thrown into confusion. And it was for this reason that they spoke of it figuratively, that no one would be able to obtain it unless this science was first revealed to them.

This precedent is innately wrong, and subjects the common man to a life of mystery, with no hope of attaining the knowledge of the beyond. The school’s purpose is to put an end to this intrigue, and allow everyone to search into the skies to find answers of their own.

OUR MISSION-

Through intense reflection questions beyond are decipherable. With the application of science philosophers of the School of the Stars have begun to map out such mysteries. Maritime expeditions, and the charting of unknown sea routes enable Meridian astrologists to get ever closer to these questions of import. Astrology in essence is divided into specific angles and anomalies. With the risk perpetuated culturally from the study of astrology the art has been sorely lost on many. The goal of the school is to learn all we can of these anomalies, so that it may enlighten us and future generations of the world. Clandestine policy on wonders so fruitful is abhorrent and a major deterrent to scientific advancement.

Method-

The method for observing celestial bodies involves perilous sea expeditions to locations optimal for astral viewing. On these missions many constellations will be charted. All of the information gathered will be assorted by actuaries and scientists of the school, so that it may be spread to the masses. There are a plethora of roles available for aspiring members, ranging from matelot positions, to esteemed philosophers and scientists. In order to apply for the school you must sign up at the headquarters in Helena, Oren. In order to schedule an interview please fill out the form below:

((mcname:))

((discord:))

Name:

Relevant experience:

We at the school hope to see you on our next expedition!

-Duarte de Antunyes, Headmaster 

Between great affairs of state, Simon Basrid indulged in his ancestral hobby.

((mcname: dibbo9))

((discord: dibbo#3625))

Name: Simon Basrid 

Relevant Experience: The tradition is maintained among all aristocrats of my homeland. I am eager to practice among colleagues.

An avid stargazer of mystic quality since his young years, Peter III is drawn to this posting.

((mcname: Architecus))

((discord: Alty#7308))

Name: Peter III

Relevant Experience: [redacted]

((mcname:Jentos))

((discord:Jentos#6646))

Name: Jean

Relevant experience: Fir Schoolman of Saint-Loup, Province of Reyn, Aeldin.

((mcname:o_grant_o

((discord: I don’t know I miss skype 

Name: Aleksandr Vladov

Relevant experience: Has looked at the sky from time to time with relative interest.

4 hours ago, Cracker said:

Between great affairs of state, Simon Basrid indulged in his ancestral hobby.

((mcname: dibbo9))

((discord: dibbo#3625))

Name: Simon Basrid 

Relevant Experience: The tradition is maintained among all aristocrats of my homeland. I am eager to practice among colleagues.

2 hours ago, ARCHITECUS said:

An avid stargazer of mystic quality since his young years, Peter III is drawn to this posting.

((mcname: Architecus))

((discord: Alty#7308))

Name: Peter III

Relevant Experience: [redacted]

43 minutes ago, Jentos said:

((mcname:Jentos))

((discord:Jentos#6646))

Name: Jean

Relevant experience: Fir Schoolman of Saint-Loup, Province of Reyn, Aeldin.

A missive is sent to all four applicants.

“Your applications have been processed and a representative of the school with be in contact with you posthaste.” -Duarte de Antunyes

Mikael avoids placing in his application, hearing of the Emperor’s admission into the Guild, as he thought of the possibilities of embarrassing himself in the presence of such acclaimed Imperial Celebrity.

An old stargazer of the past generation finds intrigue in the letter, applauding that such an esteemed craft, once lost, now thrives in the school’s establishment.

((mcname: boruto))

((discord: callisto#6280))

- Name: Emreis var Lindenvale

- Age: 106, on the brink of death itself as he lies bedridden on his sickly cradle – only occasionally finding the strength to merely walk and converse on matters of. . ah, what hogswash. the old man can barely make speech.

- Relevant experience: claims to have peered beyond the corporeal veil, and uncovered things better left unseen -- lest damnation be brought upon its curious seer. and damnation he had wrought. the poor, weakly thing, even death had shunned him.

The application – barring the signature – had evidently been filled by another hand, there being such great difference in the quality of handwriting.

Tovelm of Morsgrad thinks fondly on the times when the night sky is the only compass he had to follow. Tovelm had been taught how to read, write, and speak multiple forms of language in his time in Arcas, and he always wanted to learn more about what he can see. The sky is the limit of what we can see, might as well learn to read it as well.

((mcname: Arundlt))

((discord: cobbler#0001))

-Name: Tovelm of Morsgrad

-Relevant Experience: Though by pure accident, Tovelm had used the stars to guide himself to Morsgrad. He pushes himself to learn more about the world around him so he isn’t a bother to anybody.

((mcname: giambro))

((discord: giambroof#0268))

Name: Finn Vyronov

Relevant experience: Loves stargazing!

((mcname: Romboo))

((disc: Dyl#5096))

Name: Jahan Basrid

Relevant experience: I have a full understanding of the Rhenyari Zodiac, being able to tell which signs a person was born under and what traits would be attributed to them. I often find myself looking upon the celestial bodies as my ancestors had, and many times I am dumbfounded with how magnificent they are. 

23 hours ago, Boruto said:

An old stargazer of the past generation finds intrigue in the letter, applauding that such an esteemed craft, once lost, now thrives in the school’s establishment.

((mcname: boruto))

((discord: callisto#6280))

- Name: Emreis var Lindenvale

- Age: 106, on the brink of death itself as he lies bedridden on his sickly cradle – only occasionally finding the strength to merely walk and converse on matters of. . ah, what hogswash. the old man can barely make speech.

- Relevant experience: claims to have peered beyond the corporeal veil, and uncovered things better left unseen -- lest damnation be brought upon its curious seer. and damnation he had wrought. the poor, weakly thing, even death had shunned him.

The application – barring the signature – had evidently been filled by another hand, there being such great difference in the quality of handwriting.

A letter is dispatched via courier to Emreis “Your application has been accepted on the grounds that I am already familiar with your person. Please seek me out in Helena to go over pre expedition protocol.” -Duarte

7 hours ago, Arundlt said:

Tovelm of Morsgrad thinks fondly on the times when the night sky is the only compass he had to follow. Tovelm had been taught how to read, write, and speak multiple forms of language in his time in Arcas, and he always wanted to learn more about what he can see. The sky is the limit of what we can see, might as well learn to read it as well.

((mcname: Arundlt))

((discord: cobbler#0001))

-Name: Tovelm of Morsgrad

-Relevant Experience: Though by pure accident, Tovelm had used the stars to guide himself to Morsgrad. He pushes himself to learn more about the world around him so he isn’t a bother to anybody.

A letter is sent via courier to the residence of Tovelm “Your application has been processed, please send word to myself ((cruzazul)) to begin your interview. I hope to see you soon!” -Duarte

3 hours ago, giambro said:

((mcname: giambro))

((discord: giambroof#0268))

Name: Finn Vyronov

Relevant experience: Loves stargazing!

“Your application has been processed. Due to your age we will be unable to give you a formal job, however, you may work as a matelot until the date of your fourteenth birthday. Any tasks given beforehand will go towards your advancement within the school, so do not fret!.” -Duarte

3 hours ago, Dyl said:

((mcname: Romboo))

((disc: Dyl#5096))

Name: Jahan Basrid

Relevant experience: I have a full understanding of the Rhenyari Zodiac, being able to tell which signs a person was born under and what traits would be attributed to them. I often find myself looking upon the celestial bodies as my ancestors had, and many times I am dumbfounded with how magnificent they are. 

“Your application has been accepted on the grounds that I am already familiar with your person. Please seek me out in Helena to go over pre expedition protocol.” -Duarte

An old and weary man would squint at the missive, humming to himself as he stroked his graying beard. “Perhaps...” he told himself, taking one of the applications to sign.

((mcname: Olroxx))

((discord: pundimonium#9142))

Name: Alfius

Relevant experience: “Well, I’m old. That means I know a lot. And I’m wise - I think.” were all that was written upon the application.

12 hours ago, Sorcerio said:

An old and weary man would squint at the missive, humming to himself as he stroked his graying beard. “Perhaps...” he told himself, taking one of the applications to sign.

((mcname: Olroxx))

((discord: pundimonium#9142))

Name: Alfius

Relevant experience: “Well, I’m old. That means I know a lot. And I’m wise - I think.” were all that was written upon the application.

A missive is sent to Alfius, following it denotes an address to the school’s headquarters. “Your application has been processed. I am elated to converse with a gentleman with such a wealth of experience in this world. You may seek me out at the school headquarters with Helena.”  -Duarte de Antunyes; 8 Anpalais Lane

Helena would sit within her tower chamber, looking out over New Reza as the latter half of the winter years passed through the region. She’d read over the school initiative, which had been given to her earlier that day.

(mcname: JoelTheGinger))

((discord: JoelTheGinger#6175))

Name: Helena Vientos

Relevant experience: “With years of intense study and knowledge in history, mathematics, flora, fauna, and voidal magic, I would like to continue expanding my mental compendium of information. I have yet to delve into astrology and astronomy, so I am most intrigued!”