The 1.14 Problem - Update III

mmat

Big Fukkin Sad

Fat rep farm incoming

Cmon telanir can’t you see the first thing I want to do after my 10 hr shift is to play Minecraft? Get with the times 

can someone deep fake telanir to steal the backend launch code 

day four of no mine man im nearing my limit only god can save me now 

Once again progress halted by our supreme tythus and overlord telanir 

Give Korvic full power!!! I’M GOING TO ******* LOSE IT.

atmyl.jpg

We are well past the holidays now. It can no longer be used as an excuse. The server is literally offline. No one can play. After a point, with each hour of it offline, you will lose players permanently. This is a crisis situation for a server and the two people literally in charge are missing. In the real world, presidents and CEOs cannot truly take vacation. They must always be available to handle a crisis.

But this goes beyond that. The major issue with the server (before the Gateway Crisis) was fixed weeks ago. Weeks. @Telanir, I have been one of your greatest supporters on here. I was with you through the conflict rule changes, through the investigation bans, etc. But this is wrong. You're literally impossible to contact by your own staff and other administrators for weeks now. Your server isn't in crisis. It's dead. And you don't seem to care. That is completely unacceptable. You need to take a hard look at yourself and ask what role you believe you deserve when this is all said and done. 

1 hour ago, Burnsider said:

We are well past the holidays now. It can no longer be used as an excuse. The server is literally offline. No one can play. After a point, with each hour of it offline, you will lose players permanently. This is a crisis situation for a server and the two people literally in charge are missing. In the real world, presidents and CEOs cannot truly take vacation. They must always be available to handle a crisis.

But this goes beyond that. The major issue with the server (before the Gateway Crisis) was fixed weeks ago. Weeks. @Telanir, I have been one of your greatest supporters on here. I was with you through the conflict rule changes, through the investigation bans, etc. But this is wrong. You're literally impossible to contact by your own staff and other administrators for weeks now. Your server isn't in crisis. It's dead. And you don't seem to care. That is completely unacceptable. You need to take a hard look at yourself and ask what role you believe you deserve when this is all said and done. 

Meh. 1.15 isn’t the miracle fix. Not until they fix the underlying issues with their hardware.

10 minutes ago, CrazyBigSpiders said:

Meh. 1.15 isn’t the miracle fix. Not until they fix the underlying issues with their hardware.

If that's what you took from my post, you're just looking for something to disagree with. 

1.15.1 won’t magically fix everything, but it will improve the chunk loading and tps by some extent. Once Korvic gets the permissions needed to test the 1.15 plugins, hopefully he’ll be able to fix (or make progress towards fixing) everything else that’s causing issues too. 

I hope

i’ve moved onto heroin because of the server downtime

So, quick recap to make sure I got this right :
Servers down, no plugins can be tested, and Telanir has gone without word being the one who has to come back to fix it, and is unable to contacted.

For some reason I am not in the slightest surprised, he really does seem like he’s been trying to kill the server for a while. This just seems like a natural development

1 minute ago, Chryasor said:

So, quick recap to make sure I got this right :
Servers down, no plugins can be tested, and Telanir has gone without word being the one who has to come back to fix it, and is unable to contacted.

For some reason I am not in the slightest surprised, he really does seem like he’s been trying to kill the server for a while. This just seems like a natural development

Telanir did notify the Staff Team of his holiday leave fairly early into December.  Stating he would be back during the New Year, now at this point we are awaiting his return to fix this current server issue or for Tythus to do so.

Or at the least one of them give Korvic the access he needs to fix the server since Llir wasn't able too. Just for clarification purposes.