Sign in to follow this  
TryaxReck

The Chelovek Rebellion

Image result for gear art medieval
The following poster would be posted in various spots around Helena, mostly in the slums, outlying farms, and other places where the common folk would coagulate and converse.

The global superpower of humanity is rotting from the core.

Its era of progress, its age of golden streets and bounty, are long gone. Now, it is a land of bureaucracy and rivalries, a weak king inviting wars we cannot win, trade deals that offer nothing but wealth for the wealthy
      and poverty for the poor.  And the people have had ENOUGH. 

ENOUGH of sending our children to fight in wars of expansion that do nothing but incorporate more elves, dwarves, and orcs into our cities.

ENOUGH of corruption that leads to those same races dominating over the impoverished human citizens of Oren.

ENOUGH of the aristocracy, that still believe that bread and circuses may satiate the people they call cattle.

And ENOUGH of the poverty that runs rampant in Oren, forcing men to resort to crime fit for an Orc.

It is the first duty of man to think for himself, and that duty has been long neglected by the people of Oren. But no longer. We have waited ENOUGH. Now, it is the time for action. We are organized, we are strong, and we are many. We are the Chelovek Rebellion. We do not wish for conflict, but those that make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable, and that is what has become. As the election grows ever closer, the senators sycophantic ways lead them to use their wicked tongues to court the elites, all calling for raising taxes on the poor, for demolishing the slums we were forced into in the first place. When will these injustices against their fellow man end? How much gold and silver must they loot and pillage from our own pockets, when the entire job market for the working poor is being held afloat by a single company? They lavish in their opulence and lounge in their glass towers, but they do not know that with the slightest crack, that glass shatters into a million pieces. 

We call upon you, brothers and sisters. To fulfill your duty to think. Your duty to care for your family. Your duty to your fellow man. Rise up to the cause, as long as the resistance in your heart burns bright, they will never succeed in crushing our cause. Rise up, brothers. The rebellion will not stop, it will not lose in momentum, the only question you ask yourself now is what will you do when the great revolution commences? Will you bend to the will of your master like a slave, or break your chains and rise up at once? If not you, then who? If not now, then when? 

They shake in fear at our message, they tear it down to keep us hidden. But we are not hidden. Not any longer.
    Long live humanity, and glory to the Chelovek Rebellion.    

-Vozhd

Godric dictates a letter to his trusty Kha-servant Mr Muffins ESQ. With that the AIS department of espionage and subversion dispatches supplies to these incredibly brave and morally upstanding men who seek freedom from the King of Helena and his pen wielders.

The Marshal of Lorraine would chuckle to himself at the notes plastered around Oren, as he was on his daily hunt for Orenians to kill he decided to stop for a few minutes to read. He would be approving of this message and happy that the men and women of Oren realise what he had many years ago. Ser Stefan Onfroi of Lorraine offers his boarders to any rebellion group or deserters of Oren and will train any man or woman in the art of combat to make Oren a place of prosperity and justice, not a place of war and poverty. "Ave Lorraine, praise be to the Highland realm of Morsgrad." He would comment, dropping the note into the mud as he went back to hunting Haensers who supported their dirty cause.

Senatorial candidate Alexander set about penning a letter to Vozhd:

“Hail, brothers, I write you today to express my misgivings about your chosen course of action. I understand your current suffering and past toils, but I do not believe such violence will further your cause, and indeed OUR cause. I have devoted my life to reform, and so offer that you and yours meet with me with as much haste as possible so that I can present my case.

Alexander”

Bell Sano fist bumps Bernard Oakstool from the Seven Skies. “Nice,” the political philosopher nodded.

Meanwhile, union organizer Eugene Bracchus expressed interest in the Cheloveks.