Capture the Flag Event - January 2020

armajesty

Small warning in regards to the current status of the server (constant crashing, lag, etc.). This event may need to be postponed if the lag continues to be an issue. This being said, unless explicitly stated the following forum post provides everything needed for this event:

k6v9ksXGEpMkQ8mvBfeJKhZCLjGprU_reuEQovl0R-ycY-TInt7P8qFMbNcWM04TI2oFe9yDXWbOXgcnF70GJGJNK0KZe2e01viSOaxsnKKldEkZDuxD9m8yy6kTJ7Pd5Qs3C_KK

Welcome to the next event put on by the Community Team

Capture the Flag

Greetings wonderful people of LotC!

The Community Team is beyond excited to announce our very own  Capture-the-flag competition! This event is scheduled for February 1st and will be open to the entire player-base. Upon victory in this competition, you will be able to pick from numerous custom prizes picked by the CT themselves.. these prizes are 800 mina + a monk relic OR SOW item + red or blue banner/trophy depending on which team wins (with a custom description). We hope those who participate enjoy this event and collect enough mineman pixels to feed themselves! The Community Team will be conducting the whole event so, be sure to follow the rules that will be listed below and remember to have fun! 

- Theme - 

The Capture-the-flag competition will represent a traditional, Red and Blue concept with beautifully built castles for both teams. Additionally, please give a big thanks to the World Team for their help in creating the bases that will be featured in the event.

- Criteria -

• Both teams will be represented by Red vs Blue with leather armor.

• You will be fighting with iron swords and a bow with arrows.

• A Flag (banner) will be located in the opposing teams chest found under a noticeable flag that will be built.

• Once someone dies, they will be able to enter a spectator section upon the arena.

• There will be chests before hand for everyone to store their items.

r_ys240lsvkxpwYRL3bU_eB-duTYwlph5NBDa1Frw4rsxVDu_xB4imcWF1Abe5R3LyWMfCrfVBytynV7yA7kzDxXCpzZUqijhlrZZ15hMUS2oLNgzUPT3EBJAu6KVFN--2o8f6uV

Rules

• ONLY use the provided gear

• No using ALT accounts 

• If you get knocked down, you may not join back

• First to capture the flag or take down the other team wins

• Flag must be taken AND returned to its original base (this means the person with the flag can be downed and have the flag taken away from them)

• If you have the flag you MUST wear it on your head by holding it in your hand and shift + right clicking

• No autoclickers (though this is obvious)

• Anyone caught breaking any of these rules they will not only disqualify their entire team, but they will be banned from partaking in ANY further events.

r_ys240lsvkxpwYRL3bU_eB-duTYwlph5NBDa1Frw4rsxVDu_xB4imcWF1Abe5R3LyWMfCrfVBytynV7yA7kzDxXCpzZUqijhlrZZ15hMUS2oLNgzUPT3EBJAu6KVFN--2o8f6uV

Sign-Up Form

6qMzvniM-2K32_bit_t2PnABA_rscumDaqjqPPCXsVXzw6inVyi0nIabXm2G508NtJdluU6YjJyX65MwTZvm9ddMYbuXHPSfEVaihPB_mMSiMlVG8wagPjHpyRz7HJnD-rk2bMH_

Special thanks to the Community Events Team for working on this project! If you have any questions regarding this event feel free to reach out to TwistedFries, Armajesty, chaosgamer_, or fie_.

lets get those iron swords nerffed down to wooden swords so it isn't just an almost instant kill 

?? yes

Just now, Unwillingly said:

lets get those iron swords nerffed down to wooden swords so it isn't just an almost instant kill 

?? yes

I'm trying to go to sleep so as much as I hate wooden swords cause they break after two seconds and are literal garbage, sure. This is a thing now. ? 

i don’t want to say people are stealing my concepts, but people are stealing my concepts

the server is dying rn with 8 people, i dont think this is a good idea

d26f26bfbbc142588498723732095cd2.png

Update:

296a3a5f1e539167a7d8a5d102900995.png

rly don’t think this is a good idea

We can enchant the Wooden Swords with like Unbreaking, tag them with numbers so people don’t smuggle them out if that was a worry.

1 hour ago, ElvenMomma said:

We can enchant the Wooden Swords with like Unbreaking, tag them with numbers so people don’t smuggle them out if that was a worry.

not really sure anyone cares if people smuggle wooden swords out, unbreaking or not. what are they gonna do – have convenient training sessions? oh the horror 

5 hours ago, Capace said:

i don’t want to say people are stealing my concepts, but people are stealing my concepts

I feel like you'd have to speak to me even 3 times and talk about Capture he Flag to me for that. ?

2 hours ago, WhereIsMySpoon said:

the server is dying rn with 8 people, i dont think this is a good idea

d26f26bfbbc142588498723732095cd2.png

Update:

296a3a5f1e539167a7d8a5d102900995.png

rly don’t think this is a good idea

As mentioned, if the lag becomes an issue it will be cancelled. It isn't until February 1st and there was supposed talk of 'fixing the issue's by the end of Jan. Here's to hoping for the best.

5 minutes ago, armajesty said:

I feel like you'd have to speak to me even 3 times and talk about Capture he Flag to me for that. ?

As mentioned, if the lag becomes an issue it will be cancelled. It isn't until February 1st and there was supposed talk of 'fixing the issue's by the end of Jan. Here's to hoping for the best.

fairs, but here’s hoping – glad to see some CT events popping up ?

its a nice idea but completely pointless until the server actually wokrs

also leather armour + iron swords is a really bad system that wont be fun for many people

it’ll just be really infuriating jump crit ganking to 2-3 hit people – plus bows do quite a bit of dmg on lotc (4 shots in iron gear) so including bows with leather gear is... interesting

i’d consider actually asking people what sort of kit they want to have fun with

On 1/16/2020 at 5:02 PM, Harrison said:

its a nice idea but completely pointless until the server actually wokrs

also leather armour + iron swords is a really bad system that wont be fun for many people

it’ll just be really infuriating jump crit ganking to 2-3 hit people – plus bows do quite a bit of dmg on lotc (4 shots in iron gear) so including bows with leather gear is... interesting

i’d consider actually asking people what sort of kit they want to have fun with

It's wooden swords and leather armour now. The reason we won't include bows is because of the amount of DMG they do, especially in leather armour.

21 minutes ago, armajesty said:

It's wooden swords and leather armour now. The reason we won't include bows is because of the amount of DMG they do, especially in leather armour.

You can make iron swords with the damage of wooden swords ?