Admin

VonAulus

Managers: 

Qizu (Charters)

Dibbo9 (Creative Director)

Voop (Arcas Director)

Hiebe (Logistics Director)

Builders: 

Drfate, Vermy, Sneakybandit, Gamma_byte, Starfelt, Toxdog, Vermy, Role_play, Unwillingly. DanSoup

Designers: 

Edelos, Erik0821, Kaelan__, Esterlen. Xarkly

Dual Hatted: 

Architecus, Junar, Lackingvibes, Cpt_noobman

Library of Dragur: 

AnythingGoes

Charters Come Under World Team

One recent happening is the transition of the charter system to a charter subsection of the world team. World Manager Qizu has been overseeing the team with help from newly added member Kaelan. Designer Erik0821 has also joined the Charter Team. This was the original intention of the charter system to be securely under the World Team instead of under Moderation and the transfer went very smoothly. Moderators still provide help with players interacting with the charter system but it is good to have a few staff dedicated solely to the maintenance of the system. As always we are appreciative of the coders who have kept this plugin running the automates so much of it. 

Charter reform will be coming to Lord of the Craft. Look out for a YourView on the subject soon or share your comments on this post. The team has been hamstrung by the server stability issues and we did not want to punish players for not logging in due to crashes constantly kicking players. We understand the difficult situation charters and nations are alike as we are players and experience the crashes and chunk lag.

World Edit Comes to Nations/Charters

I am very proud of how the team has handled the increased amount of region wiping and world edit requests. This was definitely a great policy we introduced that has saved nations and other player groups alike a ton of time that can be spent roleplaying. Server stability issues have gotten in the way of getting to all these edits but I am hopeful with the planned update to 1.15 and to the server box we will soon be able to get to all those cuts and cleanups. The current version of World-Edit is strange to use as it processes the edit slowly and glitched out while trying to run it. Hopefully, this will improve with time. Reminder, the cost is 2000 mina paid to either a manager or the member doing the edits, this mina is then given to me and put in the GM Bank. 

Building Updates

I wish I could share with you all the projects that have been completed. Many landscars have been cleaned up and event sites built for the Story Tea. Once I can move around the map again in peace there will be a more detailed update coming with pictures. Despite the lag, many of our builders have still been working on their various jobs and duties including the large cleanup of Lyria and the Voidal Terror sites.

New Year New World

We are staying on this map forever.

Didn’t fool you? Anyway as many probably already know we have been working on the next map for months, since before my time as Admin. The World Team has beefed up the Designer core with many veteran players from across various player groups. It is a pretty diverse group and I am proud of the progress we have been making. I know players want specifics but I do not want to give those out just yet. We are not transferring to a new map over the next few months so you do not have to worry about that. I will also not commit to a release date until we have a good idea ourselves and are actually progressing towards a finished product. When we do there will be a lot more information on Nation/Charter transfer, map design/name, and other great content coming from the team. One thing to look for is less World Team members being able to focus on Arcas. We are not at that point yet but in the coming months, we definitely will be.

Activity data on this map will play into land for the next map. We are not headed out of here in a hurry so keep roleplaying like normal and everything will be alright. There is a lot more information to come about the next map but I can not share it with you at this time. The whole team is working hard to make it the best map possible and we have a talented group set up to bring us the best product LOTC can provide. I look forward to sharing the details with you in the future when the time is right.

Feel free to message me anytime on Discord: Grool#6871

b2e0a22645949045f7a77e042604e25e.png
When are dead charters and nations finally going to be removed???

52 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

b2e0a22645949045f7a77e042604e25e.png
When are dead charters and nations finally going to be removed???

We are not going to be removing any charters or nations until server stability it back up. As a team we think it would be unfair to strike now when player counts are lower due to the server stability. I understand why people would not want to log in when you crash and lag to oblivion. 

If the Library of Dragur is technically under the world dev team then why is it still locked up to new players isn't that fundamentally backwards? I had thought originally it had just been player ran and put in the CT but now it’s world dev not even Community Team? All sorts of confused.

3 minutes ago, Toxolotl said:

If the Library of Dragur is technically under the world dev team then why is it still locked up to new players isn't that fundamentally backwards? I had thought originally it had just been player ran and put in the CT but now it’s world dev not even Community Team? All sorts of confused.

The Library of Dragur is run by AnythingGoes and they have pex from the World Team because they are the primary one does building/maintenance/expansion. It is complicated and convoluted this map but the Library of Dragur was taken over by the World Team under Luka. There have been discussions to give it back to the Community Team but we are examining our options for next map on what to do. Players do run the CT and I am sure if you contacted AnythingGoes you could be included in that. I am not sure what you mean by locked up but you can get into it right now I just checked.

3 minutes ago, VonAulus said:

I am not sure what you mean by locked up but you can get into it right now I just checked.

Ah okay I must of been mistaken I thought Alex still ran it. Anyway currently the magic section is locked up tight and nobody can access it. I would understand if they were malevolent books but not voidal magic. Makes it hard for new players to get into that part of lore!

1 minute ago, Toxolotl said:

Ah okay I must of been mistaken I thought Alex still ran it. Anyway currently the magic section is locked up tight and nobody can access it. I would understand if they were malevolent books but not voidal magic. Makes it hard for new players to get into that part of lore!

I am unsure why the magic section would be under lockdown but maybe it is? I am not super involved in the daily running of the library. AnythingGoes is Alex I think I was just using their current MC Name. 

Sometimes, we, the players don’t value enough the efforts of the Staff, but I want to actually thank Grool for the great job he’s doing in the Administration and also the World Team for their dedication and patience. Continue like this! ?

when are we going to remove the charter system altogether and return to the objectively better system of freebuild? no gods, no masters

Any update on the system previously discussed about players being able to build a section of the map in LC on a build world and get it copy/pasted over to the main map after approval and a mina fee?

yikes

34 minutes ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

Any update on the system previously discussed about players being able to build a section of the map in LC on a build world and get it copy/pasted over to the main map after approval and a mina fee?

This is still a topic up for debate. If you have additions to it feel free to add on our talk with charter members about your opinions so they can relay the information into our discussions!

2 hours ago, howard said:

when are we going to remove the charter system altogether and return to the objectively better system of freebuild? no gods, no masters

The least they could do is put Freebuild somewhere where people will actually use it for roleplaying instead of OOC economic operations. It’s much better to deal with the occasional new player dirt hut than a vast area of land people don’t want to live in due to the incredible distance between Freebuild and anything else. Even if the constructions in Freebuild are mostly inactive, dead Freebuild settlements have much more dynamic potential as people try to revive it, destroy it, use it as a temporary camp when traveling, etc. than Charters will ever have with their OOC Region Owner politics.

Also, can the next map not have the Cloud Temple protected area be so large? I feel like far too much of Arcas is inaccessible to players with the lack of charters, nations, or Freebuild close to the CT. If y’all are worried about giving some settlements an unfair positional advantage, just spread around a handful of one-way Fast Travels from the CT and put the CT itself in a separate area like in Axios.

Please include some areas of lightly forested rolling hills. It’s objectively the best terrain.

Please include a desert that isn’t on an island separate from everything else.

Putting a Savanna on the main landmass isn’t a proper substitute for a desert.

Cold/snowy/ice areas should have more detail. Forests of frozen trees and steep mountains of ice/rock are much more interesting than a barren tundra of endless snow blocks.

3 hours ago, Jenny_Bobbs said:

I'm fairly certain this will never happen. The world team collectively lost their **** when I made them start building on a seperate server. There's also a couple technical limitations with docker that make it really hard to share schematics between servers. I had a couple of ideas on how to get around this but never got around to implement them.

14 hours ago, howard said:

inb4 the inevitable arguments of “hurr durr 500 ghost forts”, completely ignoring that that’s what happens every permed map too.

I know players want specifics but I do not want to give those out just yet. We are not transferring to a new map over the next few months so you do not have to worry about that.

But that makes this the best time to give us specifics. What’s the point in waiting until it’s too late for feedback? It risks being like Axios all over again.