Safety Team

Telanir

i love this song.

F

i already feel incredibly unsafe... please @telanir can u make me feel safe...

Damn if only we had a team that could do this. Oh wait, GM team. Is that you? 

As someone on that team Id like to make it clear that we got so little direction or explanation whatsoever and were specifically told by telanir to just come up with what we were on our own.

20 minutes ago, Telanir said:

This is not the announcement I had planned for this, but there is nothing else to do here. What was the Safety Team going to be originally? At the time I had a plan for a few reliable people to keep their eyes locked into cases reported to [email protected] so that even were I gone on holiday then cases would still get the attention they deserve. These people were not meant to have any ranks, powers, or special authority. They were to cooperate with the staff to find information and compile details for me, advocate for community safety, and ensure timely execution.

This is more direction than we ever received what so ever.
The announcement was made with an Admin’s permission as well.

The failure here was Telanir’s communication. 

Cool thank you Telanir

4 minutes ago, Viltaren said:

As someone on that team Id like to make it clear that we got so little direction or explanation whatsoever and were specifically told by telanir to just come up with what we were on our own.

This is more direction than we ever received what so ever.
The announcement was made with an Admin’s permission as well.

The failure here was Telanir’s communication. 

Were you a tentative Safety Team member? The failure was your team leader was an opportunistic woman harasser who jumped the gun on Telanir by announcing he’d be investigating a ban that had nothing to do with his team. Everyone predicted that the Safety Team would be used to avenge personal grudges. Our predictions came true before the team was even formally announced.

22 minutes ago, ARCHITECUS said:

ah, victory

oh god oh **** what will we do now how will i ever be safe now why did you do this telanir oh ****

Good. Bad idea, like many others. Questionable people added to the “team” as well.

Edited by rukio

Okay, cool, but does this mean we will have to put up with staff handling these reports poorly, like they did previously? We’re moving into a new decade, so I hope that brings along some kind of new strategy, if not directly managed by a team.

To be honest, every time I see one of the top Admins make some sort of remark about this situation, it just seems so off-handed, like they can’t be bothered too much. It has continued to bother me.