Admin Update, Recent Events

Telanir

43 minutes ago, Tha_Mystery_Man said:

I'm so happy.

I can finally make a 100 person event team...

uwu

The upgrade to new hardware has been 6 months in the making. It's nice to see something that started as sporadic and me grumbling in a vc actually happen.

I'd like to see some actual communication for once. Why are new admins never announced? Are you so ashamed of your picks that you try to hide them?

How come Admin hiatus's are never documented anywhere? It feels like a lot of the time people to need to badger staff to actually get any status updates. And half of the time it'll end with “x admin is on hiatus"

Are rumors of Admin protocol no longer being a thing true? Admins used to do unanimous votes for stuff to pass but it seems like every Admin is acting independently now.

Finally, what does it take to get a response to any of this. When I bring up concerns in discord I get told to make a forum post and get banned. But when I make forum posts they just get ignored. Maybe I need to send you guys a fax or something.

ps. #FreeTofuus

Edited by CrazyBigSpiders

The initial two weeks deadline for pending lore should be stretched so as to compensate for the time lost. 

I’m fine with waiting, but 2 weeks aren’t enough if half that time is spent awaiting some clarification.

2 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

where is flambo? it’s so hard to have steady communication with him. he put the loremags into pending and wants edits made but he doesn’t respond afterwards. is he just putting off his responsibilities for the millionth time?

Seriously.

@Telanir can you think about demoting this guy? He’s active 90% of 1% of the time. He has no direction for the storyline, still won’t resolve his interminable “lore games,” and has generally made things much worse than the past lore team left it. There are plenty of competent, motivated folks on Story Team who could easily take his spot. Folks who could do his job with panache and enthusiasm and who could maintain a presence on the server. 

In all these things you fail to mention or adress several issues the server has.
1. Staff hiding behind “ban protocol” while other staff comment how that it can be entirely ignored at will. Written rules seem to no longer matter, as staff can pick and choose what to ban players for.
2. Your godawful conflict rules no one asked for, which to this day stiffle rp and conflict. 
3. Your constant inactivity without giving anyone the power to do the things you’re supposed to do, which is a major issue seeing how pulled a lot of power and responsibilities to yourself. 
4. Your constant, misguided changes that you try to introduce with no prior feedback, your views, or anything like it, and when it doesn’t work out, your inability to acknowledge that, and fix it in a timely manner. You keep making changes for the sake of making changes, while ignoring actual problems. Perhaps if you’d listen to your community, this wouldn’t be such a problem. A few examples of this are CT appeals, your conflict rules, staff downsizing, etc. You announce wild changes and ideas, and are often gone before you can see them through. 

I’ll be harsh here in saying that you, Telanir, are the cause of like 75% of the server’s current problems. 

i love how you talk about a disconnect with players and fixing that but the last time you spoke in staff discord was the third of december

get on my ass for ‘leaking from staff chat’  idc but you’re making empty promises here bud

9 hours ago, howard said:
11 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

where is flambo? it’s so hard to have steady communication with him. he put the loremags into pending and wants edits made but he doesn’t respond afterwards. is he just putting off his responsibilities for the millionth time?

Seriously.

@Telanir can you think about demoting this guy? He’s active 90% of 1% of the time. He has no direction for the storyline, still won’t resolve his interminable “lore games,” and has generally made things much worse than the past lore team left it. There are plenty of competent, motivated folks on Story Team who could easily take his spot. Folks who could do his job with panache and enthusiasm and who could maintain a presence on the server. 

along with all this and with the mention of staff downsizing being changed, it’d be good to get more transparency and communication from the lore team. people want to hear what the reviewal processes entail along with why they’re taking so long, and lore writers want to see fixed dates that responses/verdicts on lore can be expected by. if that’s not currently feasible, then the team should look for people who can fill leadership roles and reduce the dependency on one person.

Honestly the root issue of a lot of our problems is the fact that you don't really care about this community @Telanir

You vanish for months without putting things in place to keep things running, make horrendously sloppy and illogical decisions and are genuinely and remarkably oblivious to how upset people are with your leadership.

I know it's a null point to try appeal to someone who doesn't care, but if you really give a **** about this server, resign. 

Please.

Why do you guys keep making mistakes?

Now, some of you may not acknowledge my input and some of you might.  This server is in a bad place right now.  I stalk LotC from time to time and see what’s going on – and you guys haven’t evolved with Minecraft at all.  There are so many factors as to why LotC isn’t growing and hasn’t been.  

• You guys are like Apple.  You release the same **** every year with promises of your new map being “better than ever” and “great” for events.  Make something for the players to enjoy and last on.  
  • Sexual misconduct cases aren’t taken seriously whatsoever.  Within a few minutes of talking in discord with people, I’ve heard sexual misconduct stories about current Administrators.
  • You treat this server like a business.  It’s not.  You’re not Hypixel.  Maybe if you put more effort into marketing the server you’d be a step closer, but you haven’t and you won’t.  That’s why LotC has no growth.
  • Make the staff team a community.  Stop changing the roles and the authority each team has.  Here was the perfect staff team ever, and it wasn’t made by any of the current administrators.
    • Admins
    • Global Moderators
    • ETs
    • LTs
    • MTs
    • ATs
    • FTs

You had a respectable server back in the day (and I don’t mean to sound nostalgic but it is true).  Adapt and move on.  

On 1/21/2020 at 1:43 AM, Telanir said:

We’re going to be recruiting people. Some teams needs more hands and there’s no point keeping to a rigid limitation—each team has their own unique requirements and so we need to factor that into account. Our goal is meeting our current needs and structuring the staff in such a way that we focus on the content that matters to the players. Hopefully we can focus on what’s important this year instead of playing the numbers game.

Good stuff

this server ******* blows, shut it down please.