[✗] [CA Race Lore] The Shikari

Mistel

4 minutes ago, simatra said:

This is awesome. This is perfect for many players, and I believe this could be one of the best creatures. Although I think it should be cleared up with this creature being able to learn magic, but being physically enhanced. How much weaker than the average human would a mage Shikari human be? Or would it still be more powerful? +1

Clarified 

54 minutes ago, Mistel said:

Shikari is affected by voidal poisoning just as everyone else, though they would be average strength of their race

Seems like this can be simply used to create broken characters. They have literally, literally no weakness, as their transformation grants them the baseline strength of their race. Not to mention that this is nothing less than a Witcher, not to mention the already existing Marked-Men which possess an already rich and diverse history and culture.

I’d rather a cursed processus clouded in mystery, with an actual horrendous, almost crippling drawback than “muh alchemy”. 

I do not see any flavour to this piece of lore. The history is bland. The mutagens make me cringe. I’d rather something more thought out, not to mention that many players already consider the bulk of monsters near extinct. 

I’d like to see something like this, but this is not it. Not to mention that I fervently believe that true strength does not lie in the creation of stronger beings with magic or other means, but self, core strength and skill. If you want to pursue discussion in a more private entourage so not to clog this post, feel free to message me on my discord at Jentos#6646

When can I have this done to one of my characters? ?

(Not joking, and no the character isn’t Matt’s pet monkey Pablo.)

oooh we can have WITCHERS but we caNT HAVE ARCHONS??

I approve!

Hard no. Its just witcher lore but you renamed it. Its like the only **** you tried to hide about it was the name.

PK Clause is cool but otherwise it’s not really that original of a concept. All the ‘abilities’ say no combative but it all looks useful in combat. Harder to break bones, poison resistance, heart-rate ****, pique physical strength.

Edited by Deer__

I’m on my phone so you’ll have to make do with a discord screenshot of my thoughts bcuz I’m too lazy to retype 

807AB6E8-44AB-4E11-85C4-1278025702D6.jpeg

yeah, no. give this a hard pass.

no balance, no elements of any intrigue, this effectively boils down to little more than a powergaming instrument for people who just watched the overblown netflix show to indulge in their edgy fantasies of copypaste geralts of riva and who, mark this, are likely to end up drunk in some sutican tavern with yet another psuedo vengerberg. The protagonism in lotc has already seen its culmination, it shouldn’t be encouraged any further.

yeah the whole sutica hate-train has grown to be a stale meme but the issue is real, y’all know what sort of players will get their hands on this. I do not endorse.

If the Story Team even considers this, I’d truly lose heart.

5 hours ago, Toxolotl said:

oooh we can have WITCHERS but we caNT HAVE ARCHONS??

2 hours ago, Amayonnaise said:

This, pretty much. Don’t rip off other games and lore that already exists. We already have marked men which are Witcher-esque without completely copying the concept. Don’t need it, don’t want it. Blatant copyright imo.

1 hour ago, Boruto said:

no balance, no elements of any intrigue, this effectively boils down to little more than a powergaming instrument for people who just watched the overblown netflix show to indulge in their edgy fantasies of copypaste geralts of riva who are, and mark this, likely to end up drunk in some sutican tavern with yet another psuedo vengerberg. The protagonism in lotc has already seen its culmination, it shouldn’t be encouraged any further.

yeah the whole sutica hate-train has grown to be a stale meme but the issue is real, y’all know what sort of players will get their hands on this. I do not endorse.

yeah

4 hours ago, Boruto said:

no balance, no elements of any intrigue, this effectively boils down to little more than a powergaming instrument for people who just watched the overblown netflix show to indulge in their edgy fantasies of copypaste geralts of riva who are, and mark this, likely to end up drunk in some sutican tavern with yet another psuedo vengerberg. The protagonism in lotc has already seen its culmination, it shouldn’t be encouraged any further.

couldn’t have said better myself. 

Awful lore, just copy-pasted from witcher, the abilities are easy to powergame, they do not give any unique traits to this ‘mutation magic’. 

Like come on man, we all know you just changed the name from witchers to shikari, even the ref art is from witcher.