Sign in to follow this  
Farryn

The Last Master Sage [Elvira PK]

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

The highest peak in Arcas towered above as the Ascended made her way up. The cold winds brushing against her form, threatening to send her back. Yet she stood steadfast as she continued on. Night had since fallen and the full moon lingered up above, lighting her path. The woman wore her usual leathered coat and tunic, her teal sash slung around her waist. Her sabre strapped firmly to her side. On her back, she carried a simple bag of all she wanted to bring with her. Yet most noticeable - the polished slayer steel Arm of Aeriel was strapped to its usual place on her left hand. The astral crystals forged into the metal pulsing ever so lightly.

Finally, she came to a halt ontop the peak, overlooking the vast lands of Arcas. Elvira was no stranger to this peak, she had visited it many times to reflect or to take time away from the worries of the world. From the many fights with the dark, the light, and the void, to the concerns of the many in the lands below. There was a calm peacefulness that only this place could bear and keep -  a silence so welcoming it could grant even an Aengudaemon a moment’s peace. Though shadows have since fallen the land with the night - specks of light made out the many settlements. The many lives that have continued to strive, even now.

Yet she knew this would be her last visit here, or anywhere in Arcas.

The woman sat down at her usual rock, placing her sabre down by her feet. A gentle puff of breath escaped from her lips as she gazed over at the sight. Her ever-glowing teal eye filled with a knowing sadness.

Everything she did, she often questioned if it was worth it. From the lives she spared to the lives she took. The people she befriended and the people she hated. The many journies to the extraordinary of locations and to the very depth of danger. Everything she gained and everything she lost. What was it all for?

For the many who call these lands home? For herself? For the hope that everything would be different this time? For a peace that may never be truly gained?

All that Elvira knew was that she did what she could for all here - she had helped stopped many threats, brought new life into the world, and brought many lives to an end. She served the light and sought alternatives when dealing with the dark. She lived many lives within just one, went by many names and witnessed many moments.

The woman saw the worst in the world - those who turned to dark and used it to do harm to others, while those of light did just the same despite the oaths they took. She saw once innocent and cheerful lives either ended or changed due to the actions of others, many falling to their grief and pain. The anger of many by her actions, the friends and family she had lost. Too many times she saw one land end as they fled to another, the spinning cycle that never seemed to end still going.

Yet where there was worst, there was good - those who used their powers, regardless of light or dark, to protect and help others. Men and women who did ill now strived for redemption and stood back up after they fell. Times where many of different races stood together as one to protect their home. The smiles and joy that many found in the smallest of situations. The many friends and family she had, even when she had lost hope.

The world, the Ascended knew, needed both sides. Both light and dark, good and bad, life and death, joy and pain. No matter how many times someone tried to remove one side or avoid it, it’ll always be there. From the lich that tries to avoid death to the innocent man who tried to avoid doing bad. There was always a time where they cannot avoid it, no matter how many times they tried. That was the true balance of nature - of life in general.

That was why she did everything she did. To simply live, and so that others could experience life as well. And she did such well, a good life she had but one she knew was finally up. Afterall - even immortals die eventually, it was just a matter of when and not if. Not even she, regardless of what everyone thought, was immune to death.

The Ascended leaned back and watched the sky, the moon above seemly glowing brighter than usual. She felt herself weakening and glanced down to her hand. Already, her skin was beginning to crystallize, specks of light drifting off the teal surface and to the sky above. The crystals slowly spread up her arm, as same as the other and her legs. A clear sign of an Ascended about to die.

Elvira led a good life - she went from a frightened young child that had grown up with nothing but abuse and harm, to an Alchemist who strived to help many and eventually overcame her past. Then, a cleric of Tahariae who strived to do good but at the cost of ending innocent lives to see that impurity and purity did not matter. She became a leader, someone to guide others through the dark. Then, an Ascended who walked the path of grey - aiding both sides of light and dark to ensure balance was kept. So many trials and so many people lost. Nearly, she had lost herself many times but always found a way to keep herself going, even if it meant suffering more. She finally knew she reached the end.

Had she told anyone about her end, they would do all they could to stop her. Many didn’t want to see her go or accept the fact she was ready to move on. So many she had guided with her advice and wisdom, or stood side by side with on the battlefield, to the point where they relied on her too much. Many did not wish to accept her eventual death but deep down, they all knew it would happen. Thus, she decided to venture up to this peak and silently leave the world, with only the moon and stars as her witnesses.

The crystallization kept on spreading up her arms and over her body. A tear ran down her cheek before she chuckled softly - she had faith in them all. In the mortals to overcome the next threats that came their way. For someone to rise up in her place and guide those who need such. For another leader that truly understood the meaning of their actions. For a child to find a home and grow up once more.

That was her final wish.

What the Ascended saw last before her vision faded was the many who had passed before her: her parents, her grandfather, Daniel Nodal, Beth, Beros,  Izier, Aliyra, Guarger, Ramza, Heshakomeu, many clerics of old, Nienna, Blundermore, Heial, the previous Master Sages, Victoria… and many more. All waiting for her, smiling softly as they stood there. A gentle smile formed on her lips and she nodded. Her eye falling shut.

The crystals finally overcame her body and shattered, her form splintering into many small aspects of light. The teal light that was once Elvira drifted up into the sky, towards the moon while a Borealis of teal colour formed around the peaks. One by one, the specks of lights vanished away into nothing.

Just like that, the last Master Sage and the woman who guided many was gone.

[Elvira Naromis. 2014 - 2020]

7th heaven by Ellysiumn

[!] Many letters would find their way to the addressed individuals [!]

Rickard

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To my one and only grandson,

I am proud to have known you and that you have grown into such a wonderful person. You might have fallen at one point but you had the confidence to climb back up from such. Though, it pains me to admit - my time has come and Aeriel calls for me. I ask that you look after both yourself and Vex, and live life to the fullest. Though the parting hurts, I trust you to take all that I taught you to heart and use it to become a better person. Even though you’ll suffer, there will always be peace and joy around the corner for you, my grandson.

I hope to see you soon when you come to the other side,

From your dearest grandmother,

Elvira.”

P.S: To you, I leave my sabre and the Arm of Aeriel. Use them both wisely and take care of them, just as they’ve taken care of me.

Lefkos

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Lefkos,

You and I both knew this time was approaching and it finally came. I am afraid there’s no way for you to save me this time, as natural death can never be stopped. I have heard the bells of Sokar and I must heed their call. I ask that you keep on leading the paladins to the best of your abilities and let nothing keep you from happiness. Remember the advice I gave you and know not all of the morally right choices will be the necessary ones. Do what you think is necessary. I wish you and the Paladins the best in life, and that I will be there to guide you all through the Soulstream and to Xan’s domain when the time comes.

May Xan guide you,

Elvira Naromis.

P.S: There will be a chest in front of the keep, which holds all of the books that I have gained over the many years, as well as a few relics I wish to bestow upon you. Use them wisely and I hope they’ll help you all.”

Vailoen

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Vailoen,

I’m sad we did not get to meet more before my passing but to know you’re still living and doing well brings me peace and relief. I am thankful that you stood with me, through thick and thin, and helped me regain a second chance at life. To me, you’ll always be my greatest friend and sister. I await the day that you come through Aeriel’s domain so that I may guide you and so we can catch up for one last time.

I love you dearly, sister.

Elvira Naromis

Eris Naromis

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To my dear daughter,

I do not know if this letter will reach you in time but… I am afraid my time to leave has come and I am no more. Do not weep for me as we may meet soon, but I ask that you continue to live on and carry the Naromis name in pride. Live and become who you wish to be, not what I want you to be, but for yourself. Remember all that I taught you and live a good life. I am proud to have had you as a daughter.

Love,

Your mother, Elvira.”

Andriel

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To my dearest friend Andriel,

I wish we had more time to meet but I am afraid such has ran out. My time has come and I’ve passed by the time you’re reading this. Thank you for everything, for being there with me at the start of my journey as a cleric and helping me through everything. You have and always will be one of my greatest friends. Though, it saddens me to leave you behind as the last of the Archons. Live and survive, Andriel. For myself, for him, for us all.

I’ll see you soon when you pass on too,

Love,

Elvira Naromis”

Arik

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Arik.

My time to move on as come and I’ve answered Sokar’s calling. Though I wish we could have talked before my passing, such was not meant to be. I ask that you take care of Crumena and Steven when they return, when you return, and that you live life the best you can. Though it will hurt, the parting that is, I know you will endure and live on. Do well, Arik, I know you can.

Love from,

Elvira.”

Hiren

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Hiren,

Thank you for being a good grandson to me and I hope you continue to grow and do well. I know for certain your father, Nin, is proud of you just as much as I am. Regardless, continue to live and do good in the world. Even when all seems lost, you’ll always have those there to guide you.

Love,

Elvira.”

Meta El and Neci Solaray

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Meta and Neci,

It’s time for the last practitioner of the Flowing Sun in Arcas to move on, and thus I have. Thank you both for everything. For the chance to protect myself and others, for the advice and wisdom that kept me going, and for being the family I needed when others passed on. I hope you both and the Flowing Sun Clan remain strong, and that I’ll be watching from the skies above. I’ll… also say hello for Athanas for you both when I see her. Once again, thank you both for everything.

Love,

Elvira.”

Steven

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To my dearly beloved,

I don’t know where you are now or what mischief you’re getting up to, but I hope you are doing well. I’m afraid my time has come to move on and by the time you’ve read this, I’ve parted from the world. I… wish we could have truly spent more time together, perhaps retired and went to explore the world and beyond, but it seems such was not meant to be. Please keep strong and hang in there, as I am still watching from the moon above. Do try and achieve your home on a brand new moon, come up with the craziest ideas you can do… and just continue to be the man I fell to love. Don’t be tempted by the urge of immortality or we may never meet again. That said… I love you with all my heart and I cannot wait for the day we reunite again.

Love from,

Your wife, Elvis.”

Shagarath

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To my dear fellow immortal, Shagarath,

It appears both Kor and Sokar have agreed that my time to pass has come, and thus I must answer their call. Thank you for being someone I could talk about things a simple mortal may not and that I pray to the spirits to keep you safe. Though I know Kor will take you to the Spiritual Realms and your soul will not pass through the Soulstream, I hope there will be a time we can reunite and talk just like old times.

May Kor guide you, Vulture,

Elvira”

Beranabus

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dearest Beranabus,

The Archaengul and Sokar have given the call and I’m afraid I have passed on. Thank you for being one of my oldest mentors and I hope that you continue to help others where I could not. I know I have certainly grown from the young shy alchemist you met back in Athera, and some of that was because I had you there to guide me. Thank you for everything,

From, Elvira Naromis.”

Hareven

Spoiler

Advanced issue found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Hare,

Thank you for the many talks we had throughout the many lands and the times we thought side by side. I wish good fortune upon you and those you hold dear, and that you continue to uphold balance when such is necessary. Have a good life.

May the Aspects guide you,

Elvira.”

Kyral

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“Dear Kyral.

Looks like death has come to claim me. Always knew this would happen but it feels surreal now. Live a good life and keep on fighting for your clan. The Winterleafs have always been family to me and I hope they keep on doing well. Live and do good, but also be yourself and be safe!

From,

Elvira.”

Vas

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

“Dear Vas,
Death has claimed me and I welcome it, as my time has gone on for far too long. You’ve been a good cousin, though I still wish you had not taken the path you now walk. Please do what you can to not harm innocents and not spread the Shade’s Gifts to others, especially those unwilling to take it. Let people live and suffer, as it is through suffering that we grow and nurture as individuals. It may be hard but I trust you to not go down the same route as the Shade Fathers in the past. I wish you the best.”
From your cousin,

Elvira.”

The Ascended of Aeriel

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

To those of the Ascended that still remain,

I am sorry if I had failed you all as Master Sage. My choices may have not been the best ones, but they are ones I have chosen to make because I believed them to be necessary. Regardless of that, I am proud to have called each and every one of you my comrade and family… though it pains me to know the Ascended may not be around further. As the last Master Sage, I will give one final order to you all, and I hope you all keep to it the best you can.

Live and enjoy life. Keep on the path of good and help the many others who may stumble upon your life. Know that those you meet may have their fair share of troubles, and such may be why they act the way they do. Be patient and never stray. Follow the advice I gave you all in the past but be sure to live and think for yourselves.

I wait for you all at the other end.

May Aeriel forever keep you all safe,

The 7th and final Master Sage,

Elvira Naromis”

P.S: Here’s my recipe for my mocha. Please make it for everyone who may need something to warm them up and bring comfort to many. Let the Naromis Mocha live on and bring comfort to many.

1. In a large coffee mug, pour in 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup.
  2. Add coffee with vanilla extract and stir together.
  3. Then, add steamed milk.
  4. You can stir gently or leave layered.
  5. Topped off with whipped cream and 1 tablespoon of syrup. Add cinnamon if using.

The Paladins of Xan

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Advanced issues found

Advanced issue found

Spoiler

“To the Paladins of Xan,

Some of you may know me, some better than others. Regardless of our relations - I wish you all the best in your duties and that you remain steadfast in the many years to come. With both the clerics and the Ascended down, it’ll rest on you all to keep the balance and ensure that our world doesn’t ceases to nothing. It may be stressful and it is, but I know you’ll pull through and do what is necessary.

May Xan guide you all,

7th and last Master Sage of the Ascended Order.

Elvira Naromis.

OOC

It’s been a good run for both myself and Elvira, but I think it’s time I moved on from LotC and began focusing more on my life. There’s just too many issues with this server that have been raised but have never been fixed despite how many people raised them. I’ve been let down by many people fo simple things that could have been done easily, but it seems things won’t be sorted out any time soon. Sometimes its better to just move on than keep clinging to something in hopes it’ll get better.

Thank you all for everything, even if many times have caused immense stress for me and also caused me to lose friends. As said by Elvira: Live and enjoy life the fullest. We do only have one life and it should be spent more on the world outside of LotC than in here. Elvira has had her fill of life and it’s about time for her to rest after six years of playing as her. As fo me, I got a life ahead of me and I should spend it more on something worth living for, such as my dream of becoming a Cinematographer and the real life.

I’ll be contactable on discord but I hopefully won’t be returning here ever again. I hope you all have a great time and that you all stay safe!

Sincerely, 

Farryn.

Maya somewhere in  arcas will murmur a prayer, respecting the death of the poor Elvira. "I hope Kor awaits you with a gentle embrace  in front of his gates-...to show you a  new calmer path for you, Elvira."

Spoiler

I saw Elvira when she was just made and you were in the old village with AfricanGlasses, Tarren, Wrynn and myself. Since then I’ve seen Elvi around the server and on many forum posts as an incredibly active and cool part of the server. I hope your next character can have such an amazing journey.

Lotha started to read the letter she received – as an Ascended – and slowly drooped as she read it with shaking hands. Her posture, her expression, even her comically large ears – they all drooped and sagged. Lotha hadn’t really known Elvira too well, but she was a friend for certain. And perhaps...potentially worst of all...the thing Lotha pestered Elvira about on occasion...that delicious beverage...would be lost forev-hold on...

Lotha turned the page over and saw on the other side...the recipe...the coveted...delicious mocha recipe...IT LIVED ON!

Lotha squealed with mixed tears of joy and grief and stumbled around her kitchen through bleary eyed excitement. Many things were broken in that kitchen that day. However, Lotha had all of these ingredients handy as she had tried her hand at replicating Elvira’s secret family recipe ever since the blessed liquid touched her tongue for the first time. 

And then...it was done...she had a hot cup of that delightful happy beverage in her little hands. Lotha sniffed back more tears and nodded as she looked out her window at the moon. 

“This drink is for Elvira.” She said with her quivering, nearly quaking voice as she stood and enjoyed that drink in the company and view of the moon and – she hoped – her old friend as well. 

Within the madman’s torment, Richard sheds a moment of respect. ”I am unsure how to feel of this...I’ve battled with you and I’ve fought against you. No matter our sacrifices, death eventually claims us all. The gods love their cruel tricks.”

OOC: It’s hard putting down a character you’ve played for so long. To the best of luck to you.

Edited by LeoRabbit99

A weathered, grey and jaded figure takes a deep breath upon hearing the news, looking up at the Arcas sky.

“While our interactions were brief, I’ll never forget the alchemy lessons we had together in Athera with Daniel. Rest peacefully, Elvira. Perhaps I shall meet you, wherever you may be, soon.”

Xavis looks up to the stary sky in the middle of the plains that use to be poisoned by void, remembering the times he's had along side the deceased Acended. "You helped bring one of my grand children to life.. you've stood by while my mind and body became plagued by the Mother." The blood red elf withdraws a blade from his side, stabbing it into the ground. "I will miss you."

A cavern-dwelling hermit elf dressed in red, who once knew the Master Sage, mutters a quiet prayer for Elvira.

The wayward paladin stood at the edge of the railing that overlooked the majority of the paladin home known as Northgate. A note clutched within her gauntlet while her golden irises stared off towards the lowering sunset. Another she knew was now gone yet even though Elvira was never truly one of them, for some reason the former Keeper felt a deep lost as if an eternal ember had gone out somewhere. “May we meet again old friend..” she would murmur quietly, allowing several tears to gently stream down her cheeks as the last remaining sunlight would fade into the twilight of the night. It was then as the rise of the moon would cascade over the hillside, Vailoen would step back and venture back down towards the banquet hall to find the nearest source of alcohol, as she always did, to then open and wash down her usual thoughts with. 

Within sparse woodlands, a tired and errant healer ponders on the humble lapis sculpture in her palm. The statuette of the stag was a faint reminder of the life Eris once lived, cloistered and fearful.

The faces then were but a haze, like attempting to peer through the shadow cast on dividing curtains. What was once a clear memory for her was now faint glimmers of light and regret. The scent of cocoa, the clamor of a saber on cobbled stone and hay. Tactile sensations and scents always eased recollection.

Sometimes, held close to heart before the fire at night, she could almost remember the faces of these people. Now, she was too tired to remember, and perhaps that was a blessing in itself.

Elsewhere, an elf of similar fair complexion and dark hair ponders his origins. He wonders of the once Sage, and tossed a series of mad scrawlings to the fire.

"We are only as good as we allow ourselves be, " he would muse to his most recent guest. 

OOC: Take care and keep up the artwork if you still do that for yourself. It's one of the worst things to lose love of something you enjoy doing, and painful to fall out of practice in that something. Best of luck where you go.

When the letter came to Kyral, she could already feel something was wrong, her eyes closing as she took it from the messanger. Hands remaining solid as she opened the paper, and began reading. The Aegisborn High Elf Druid’s expression was stiff, and a battle of emotions took her.

“So she has departed. May my oldest friend rest well.. She has earned her rest.”

With tears in her eyes, Kyral moved back towards her home, beginning to plan arrangements for a funeral for a friend who was definitely family.

Hidden away with her new love, a young mali’ame curled up against him as her body shook with grief. Her tattood and scarred arms pressed between them as her small form trembled with each sob. Her mother, her teacher, was gone. The woman who saved her eons ago from the plague, helped her understand the beauty of clericalism. Taught her to stand on her to heal and help despite her own inabilities. Elawynn buried deeper into Barry as tears rolled down her cheeks. Her wails slowly subsiding to whimpers as she came to terms.

A spooky scary scarecrow, that sometimes looks into places because of curiousity says: “I feel the force is in balance.”

OOC: Elvira was one of those staple characters who I played with at least once with most of mine. I’ll miss you!