Grill Grool

VonAulus

7 minutes ago, VonAulus said:

Most non-human groups are generally more friendly from my perspective as an Admin. As a player the orcs were great to me in Asulon, particularly the Azog clan. Carrion picked me up in 3.0 and I have not really looked back. I spent time with the halflings and dwarves which was fun and those communities were kind to me as well. 

You don’t miss us from 3.0 :(?

37 minutes ago, VonAulus said:

I am bad because of the Coal Miners Union, they corrupted me in my youth and I am a slave to their will.

Finally you say the truth! Jk lmao

P.S: my question...black or white?

1 hour ago, rukio said:

Heard ur as hairy as a gorilla, can u confirm? 

I am pretty hairy but I feel like that is TMI and not really interesting. 

1 hour ago, Sneaky2 said:

You don’t miss us from 3.0 :(?

Wdym?

1 hour ago, Milenkhov said:

eternal ally or eternal enemy? 

Ally.

38 minutes ago, seannie said:

you plan on ever uploading a new vid about building?

I have run out of time to work on my youtube channel since taking over as Admin. Maybe one day I will not cut off the possibility. 

1 hour ago, sergisala said:

Finally you say the truth! Jk lmao

P.S: my question...black or white?

I need more context.

1 hour ago, calzium said:

please make me the lord of the craft 

Everyone is a lord of the craft.

43 minutes ago, Fishy said:

how’s new map coming

Good.

1 hour ago, Rickson said:

when will the other other admins do an ama?

You will have to ask them.

2 hours ago, ChumpChump said:

does ebs know youre admin now?

question for ebs: are you proud of grool?

Yes he does know that I am an admin we talk about LOTC periodically. 

@VonEbs

Why did you shut down a thread where people were roasting you then you continue to make a thread weeks later with the title “Grill Grool”? Just seems like you’re trying to do it on your own terms to stop people roasting you in a thread you can control.

Why did you aspire to become the world administrator?

What did you find to be the most surprising about being an administrator?

Would you agree that being an administrator and being the lead of a team are like two different jobs? Why or why not?

Do you enjoy being an admin?

If you could change one thing about LotC, what would it be?

1 hour ago, Crevel said:

Why did you shut down a thread where people were roasting you then you continue to make a thread weeks later with the title “Grill Grool”? Just seems like you’re trying to do it on your own terms to stop people roasting you in a thread you can control.

I stopped the Narthok thread because it was toxic. I think if you read the forums that most criticism of me is allowed to pass through and very little is done by myself or Moderation to stop it.  You can have whatever opinion of me or my motives you want but I would rather be friends with people then deal with bullshit and bullies. I think if you got to know me Crevel you would realize I do not back down to bullies and generally deal with situations head on with my chest out. 

45 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

Why did you aspire to become the world administrator?

What did you find to be the most surprising about being an administrator?

Would you agree that being an administrator and being the lead of a team are like two different jobs? Why or why not?

Do you enjoy being an admin?

If you could change one thing about LotC, what would it be?

1. I saw a lot of problems with the current map of LOTC and thought I could help to make the server a better place. I did not join staff with the thought of being an Admin but when I saw the possibility I went for it. I really care about LOTC and it has been important during my formative years and I want to give back to the community in the way I know how. 
  2. I know you get bugged a lot but it is surprising how much people will lie to you to get what they want. On the flip side some player’s kindness and support know no limit when you help them. I find the vast majority of players to be really here for the right reasons which is to build a joint narrative and community. You know me Muffins but my personality is very much of trying to help others to get their projects or goals done. 
  3. They are two different jobs but I had not thought about it much before it. I see a lot of people argue we need less Admins and let the team work itself out on their own. I think this lacks a fundamental understanding of how the Staff works on LOTC. The position of Admin is basically like being on the board of governors for any organization. You are involved in joint decision and direction of the server as a whole. You need executives to run the team and to represent their interests as well as the other groups interests on the board. You really need people with a direct line to the Admin team to advocated for what the team needs. If you had this level break between Admins and the teams you would not see a lot of the requests for basic permissions and busy work getting done. The few Admins would be overwhelmed with pings for little things each team needs. Obviously this system can be improved upon and I am sure it will change with time but the removal of Admins is really not possible after having seeing how the staff runs efficiently(or not so efficiently) in different cases at different times.
  4. Everything has its plus and minuses but when I help a player or see a project complete that is what I enjoy. I do not enjoy dealing with bans or toxicity but I would rather it be focused on me then on kids or innocent players on the server. I was feeling pretty down about being an Admin a few weeks ago due to a lot of constant negativity but I think that the work I do is important enough to deal with it and push past it. My parents raised my brother and I to work hard and advocate for ourselves and to engage in dialogue and teamwork with those around us so I try to bring that to the job. 
  5. I would remove PVP from the server and reinstate Villain Application.

2 hours ago, Crevel said:

Just seems like you’re trying to do it on your own terms to stop people roasting you in a thread you can control.

so?