Sign in to follow this  
froeggy

ON WOMENS RIGHTS

PUBLISHED ON 7th of THE GRAND HARVEST, 1753

loveisspeed.......: Back to our roots...Rococo Style and Art is back again...

a Painting of an unnamed Orenian woman.

Whether you be Canonist, Jyoist, or part of the Red Faith; it is fact that women typically play a more traditional role of the caretaker. While this has been proven to be changeable by certain women of the past century, most women today still stick to the traditional role of the caretaker. I’ve visited places such as Haense, Helena, and Urguan throughout my lifetime and I’ve seen woman wearing dresses; both elegant and less elegant. All of our lives we are pressured to be lady-like, marry a good man, have kids, and do menial stuff in-between. Today, women of Arcas, I urge you to rise up against those expectations; wear pants, be as unlady-like as you want, hunt, drink, gamble, destroy those expectations that have been put upon us.

Signed

Zuwena Maridhia Kiros ag Sulyne

Grand Lady of Seyam.

Ser Lukas Shook his head “This is not the way” 

Zuwena hopes she doesn’t get arrested.

Alli squints her eyes at the paper, a thin smile on her face. “These women...pish an proper.” She sighs. “Not all of us be ladylike. An weh shouldn’t beh forced ta beh.”

“Such blasphemy will not be tolerated on any level.” Erasto would say with slight rage “My bloodline will not be forsaken with such defectiveness. She has named grand cities in insult, and decided to do this before her own marriage – this is self-sabotage.” He concluded, crumbling up the paper with irritated grunts

Ser Aedan Capulei would rub his eyes, reading the message again "Is she crazy?"

“It seems one escaped the kitchens.” Scoffed Edward

“Now hold on just a minute there.” Says Daryll, currently without his armour and garbed in a wifebeater. ”What in the hell are you talkin’ bout woman. Get off your high ass horse. Aint no damn reason to be speakin about this nonsense, Visit more places than just Oren and you might just figure out that whose really making the expectations is You women. One visit to Urguan dont count. If you be wantin to act like a man you best be able to fight like one, For every day men out in the field die for you.”

Edited by Knightie

Just now, Knightie said:

“Now hold on just a minute there.” Says Daryll, currently without his armour and garbed in a wifebeater. ”What in the hell are you talkin’ bout woman. Get off your high ass horse. Aint no damn reason to be speakin about this nonsense, Visit more places than just Oren and you might just figure out that whose really making the expectations is You women. One visit to Urguan dont count. If you be wantin to act like a man you best be able to fight like one, For every day men out in the field die for you.”

Ser Lukas nods “This is the way”

*Alren DeNurem frowns as he reads the sheltered assertation. “How disappointing that the author would marginalize the exemplary women who fulfill a number of roles in Orenian society. Why be upset with the free choice of women who decide to pursue lives of intrigue and intellectual application? And completely ignoring our female war heroes? A number of females in my regiment are among my top performers and elite fighters. This serves as nothing more than to agitate those who are quite satisfied with a society that accepts one's personal aspirations already. A lack luster attempt at empowerment to try and replicate the moral degeneracy that even brings shame to males who partake.”

“Angry- at dresses.” Sir Veikko Harjalainen, KM and man-of-letters hums with some confusion before using giving his facsimile of the missive a two-fingered fold, tucking it into the bottom drawer of his bureau for the eventuality he would need it to woo a woman of intellect.

1 minute ago, Mirtok said:

*Alren DeNurem frowns as he reads the sheltered assertation. “How disappointing that the author would marginalize the exemplary women who fulfill a number of roles in Orenian society. Why be upset with the free choice of women who decide to pursue lives of intrigue and intellectual application? And completely ignoring our female war heroes? A number of females in my regiment are among my top performers and elite fighters. This serves as nothing more than to agitate those who are quite satisfied with a society that accepts one's personal aspirations already. A lack luster attempt at empowerment to try and replicate the moral degeneracy that even brings shame to males who partake.”

Fenghou nodded, sharing the same opinion- herself being extremely free in Oren- as a ‘women’, and, as a Hou-zi.

“Hrm... Fenghou didn’t know this was an issue,” she frowned. 

Celia protests the patriarchy by putting on a pair of trousers. She feels accomplished and  smiles.

“t’ th’ guillotine ya go, whench!” a random street rat commented upon such blasphemous message