Moderation Update: January

Braxis

Moderation Update Log -January 2020

v4KMXP6sAcwszPj6XvhHnNVSt-2l1bluc-BtZi7y

<Introduction>

Good afternoon everyone! These last two months, not only for the Moderation Team but for the entire server, have been a crazy trip in one way or another. We’ve seen the departure of a Mod Admin then another whose staff announced holiday hiatus went on much longer than originally planned, both leaving the team in a bit of a mess that many players have raised their voices over.

Now for those who do not know me, I am Jarrett, also known as Jroy96 in the past and today as Braxis1996. Mostly known as Braxis nowadays, or some Old Guard know an old meme name Blaxis Silversmile. I’m twenty-three and have way too much free time even with my gremlin of a Corgi pup.

I’ve been on the FM, Lore, Magic, War, Moderation teams of the past since Aegis till the near end of Anthos. When I returned and I somehow got Moderation and Moderation Management fairly quickly, I thought I was going to just settle into the same comfort and spot as I did as Moderation and War Management of the past.

Didn’t know I’d be gunning and actually getting Mod Admin, and boy has it been a learning curve already.  I hope I do not disappoint the various members of the community who’ve helped me reach this far, with only being back for fiveish months. There is a lot to clean up, fix up, and rework. I will not lie that I am a tad nervous at some of the challenges ahead, but at the same time, I welcome them as I am eager to take them on and do what I can to help both my team and the community enjoy LOTC to the fullest.

<New Changes>

There are a lot of upcoming changes coming to the Moderation team and hopefully for the better. As for January, I can’t announce too many changes as many projects were put on hold as the team bunkered down and did its best to not falter.

APPEALS ARE BACK IN MODERATION!  Something that was announced by Telanir a little while ago. Appeals with the community team did not yield the best results, so it has returned to the hands of Moderation. Appeals are to be claimed within 24hrs, our goal is to give them answers within a timeline of 72hrs, similar to reports. At the end of February, I will be gathering both staff and player feedback on what can approve.

I can also announce that the Rule Rewrites have picked up again in full swing. Tonight alone my staff will be having a meeting to discuss and alter General, Raid and hopefully conflict rules tonight. So the drafts can be further worked on before they are submitted to the rest of the Admins for the final review.

General Rules - BlueBudgie
Raid - Braxis

Conflict - Sykogenic
Heists - Tigergiri

I can announce our projects after that. War.  The entire War System will be getting an overhaul, I already have several of my more conflict focused mods bouncing ideas both old and new to help offer a better, dynamic and growing system to grow along with our server. I will not bash on the current system as it is clear from both staff and player views. This system is not well received and I will be doing my best with my time to amend this with my team and with feedback I’ve already gotten and feedback I will seek out in the future.

<Current Team Roster >

KS43ful7SEPs9uMP2En6mIKLNY5PEBY4MSU5p6P9

<Monthly Statistics>

Moderation Staff received a total of 1328 Tickets in January.

Congratulations and thank you to the moderators from the team for their work and effort put in handling these requests. As well as a thank you to our players being patient with all of us getting proxy kicked, disconnected, etc when handling tickets. Hopefully after the update soon that will be a memory of the past.

DUplxnn2STBa6XcvQsBPNVNfM8_kczMLeHiIa8Ok

January’s Queen of Modreqs: LotsofChicken (BlueBudige)
2nd Place: Blaxis Silversmile (Braxis1996)
3rd Place: HowDidSheNotBurnOutYetGiri (Tigergiri)

< Roster changes >

+Sykogenic has been promoted to Moderation Management
+Gemini has stepped into the Moderation Role

*Note* Applications are currently on hold as we assess what Timezones the team is slacking in the most. I and Management will be looking over applications again with the team in roughly two weeks.

this is my first big staff post in like 6 years plz be gentle

Ur doin a good job matie

Happy with the direction the Moderation Team’s headed!

That overall ticket count is so low, do you have a reason why or are the moderators not doing their jobs? 

6 hours ago, Elite_Snipes_ said:

Okay Braxis thanks for FLEXING your Ticket count. Very cool

Gotta show the team how its done

6 hours ago, Harold said:

That overall ticket count is so low, do you have a reason why or are the moderators not doing their jobs? 

The overall ticket count is submitted tickets. The reasons for it being much lower then last months is most likely due to Winter Break being over, TP requests on a decline since the Warp Caravan was put in place, and much less SS related deaths. Not to mention the average weekly population of the server was 50~60 for nearly the entirety of January. 

I can say with confidence that my team is not at fault in this regard. Since everyone is above quota. The 3 in the red were Admins who helped out during the gaps in Moderation hours.

Good update, Braxis.

Now that Telanir has his claws out of the moderation team and out of the administration in general I have high hopes for LOTC.

I am also obligated to demand the return of the forum team in this response. Return the forum team. 

1 hour ago, Kaelan said:

Good update, Braxis.

Now that Telanir has his claws out of the moderation team and out of the administration in general I have high hopes for LOTC.

I am also obligated to demand the return of the forum team in this response. Return the forum team. 

No.

4 hours ago, Braxis said:

Gotta show the team how its done

The overall ticket count is submitted tickets. The reasons for it being much lower then last months is most likely due to Winter Break being over, TP requests on a decline since the Warp Caravan was put in place, and much less SS related deaths. Not to mention the average weekly population of the server was 50~60 for nearly the entirety of January. 

I can say with confidence that my team is not at fault in this regard. Since everyone is above quota. The 3 in the red were Admins who helped out during the gaps in Moderation hours.

I would like to venture that the community don’t make tickets because they know that the Moderation team won’t be able to help them in time, or will close their tickets when they are offline. Perhaps a public poll would go a long way to seeing what the community think of the current team, and their effectiveness, as this few tickets would in my mind raise concerns in regards to historical data regarding tickets.

10 minutes ago, Harold said:

I would like to venture that the community don’t make tickets because they know that the Moderation team won’t be able to help them in time, or will close their tickets when they are offline. Perhaps a public poll would go a long way to seeing what the community think of the current team, and their effectiveness, as this few tickets would in my mind raise concerns in regards to historical data regarding tickets.

senior-woman-jumping-up-and-reaching-out

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Really the more interesting data would be average response time for tickets. Not just tickets closed. Would also be interested in seeing how many tickets were closed because the issue was solved vs the player being offline.

Edited by CrazyBigSpiders

What do you think about an independent war team?

Just as a base concept. From my own experience, which, granted, is none too recent, war is immensely complex even when you try to take a liberal ruleset approach that promotes player interaction (which can often make it more complicated, actually) and it eats up a tonne of mod team time and motivation. A lot of problems with it, which results in wars and conflicts being rewritten every few months, is that most mods who get involved don’t seem to have the necessary experience when it comes to conflict.

Why not contemplate the idea of making a dedicated team to deal with this demanding, complex area?

3 hours ago, Sykogenic said:

senior-woman-jumping-up-and-reaching-out

Perhaps you would like to do the poll then and see?

can i apply for the team please and thank you