[✗] [Magic Lore] Fi’hiiran’Tanya

_Sug

28 minutes ago, BrandNewKitten said:

I miss gen 2 fi with the soul library  

This could be an addition for sure! Right now we’ve only posted the core part of the lore and we plan to add a few additions should this become accepted. ? 

17 minutes ago, The Redneck said:

This could be an addition for sure! Right now we’ve only posted the core part of the lore and we plan to add a few additions should this become accepted. ? 

Smart lore building. ? DLC keeps the masses engaged. 

13 hours ago, Fury_Fire said:

As I saw it when I learned it, for almost the entirety of its existence it was strict high elf magic. The idea of a culture of magic related to another pre-existing culture is nice, but not if it’s the only group. The way a magic is RP’d and granted purpose is done by those who generally practice the magic. It’s one of those things that can’t exist as a strict, singular order given its make-up as something that lacks creeds or specific RP rules to its casting, such as a deity magic. You may claim it was something other than that, but it’s all I ever saw of it, as well as others. Near the end(with Iconoclasm namely) it split off into segments and that seemed to bring about some level of activity and use. When it was finally shelved, there were a solid group of us with a home and rping with human groups. I remember you were a part of that briefly yourself, before you died to make someone else into a Fi’ Mage.

If it fails, it fails. Things like this are made on the off-chance that it wont fail, by those who genuinely enjoyed it when it functioned. If the lore itself is written solid enough then there’s no valid reason not to allow an attempt to be made. If it fails, the only people harmed are those who put their time into it, knowing that it might well not work out. There’s never a promise of successful activity of a magic whenever any lore is made, and it’s been the fall of quite a few. Some have made their way back up, and the intent with Fi’ is the same.

Regardless, for my end I initially had no intent of making this until a week or so ago. Others would re-write it no matter what, I figured I’d at least try and make the magic itself solid enough to function and I hope you can see some level of reason behind that(I had to argue against Fi’ Enchanting :< ). I don’t intend on making Fi’ Magic my own main focus, but a few people do and I’ll watch and see how it works with them doing it. I have other unrelated projects lined up, this is mostly a favor to those who want to use it.

I’d rather expected a response from you and hoped you would at least allow a chance to be made with it. If you truly don’t believe that a new set of people, a huge leap of time down the line, deserve a shot to make it something decent through RP and different standards of lore from loregames – Then I’ll respect your decision on it and stick away from further meddling, won’t even have an MA for it myself should it manage to pass, but this piece specifically belongs to the others and not me. I do urge you to at least be willing to realize the differences between now and then enough to give it a try, but I don’t intend to force it. Just my two cents on it.

I’m not intending to nor do I have the power to gatekeep this project – and I’m not doubting the pure intentions you folks have. I just have qualms with the magic itself. If you can manage to get this passed and make it a successful magic, by all means, prove me wrong.

Thank you for submitting your piece! Your piece is now under review and a reply will be given once a verdict has been reached.

This lore is pending, you will be sent a forum PM in the next 24 hours with a list of issues that need to be fixed.

This lore has been denied. You will be sent a forum PM regarding the reasons for denial within the next 24 hours.