Sign in to follow this  
Cavantel

[Pk Post] Little Crow May You Fly

https://youtu.be/BKDGTp9nsQo

Katerina walked up the steps, her steps tapping against the cold stone of the tower. A soft whistle coming from the woman's lips as she smiled, in her right hand a bottle of Alimar Red. The alcohol she had been working on for the past half decade, she gripped it tightly as her left hand went to unwrap the furs that covered her dress. Once she had reached the top of the tower, she was now only in her gown. Going to move her hand up to take off her fur hat and toss it aside as she moved to uncork her bottle. Going to chug down her now perfected alcoholic beverage one last time, once finished she tossed that aside as well. “Maybe it could do with less sugar?” She muttered to herself with a small laugh, her eyes wide with lack of sleep as she slowly stumbled towards the edge of the towers ledge. Looking out to the city she had called her home since she was only twelve, a warm smile on her face as her cheeks flushed red from the alcohol. “In all honesty, it was a rather ugly city.” She said with a chuckle, shaking her head. “But, it had charm.” She said moving to stand atop the ledge, looking out to the water below, she went to undo her hair of its ponytail, letting her short hair flow freely down to her shoulders, the woman's hair already having begun to grey, even in her young age. Years of war and depression stressing the woman to no end, wrinkles already forming under her baggy eyes. Her smile then slowly fading as a frown then appeared. “I don’t think I ever got a hug once from my nieces or nephew.” She said with a sorrowful croak. “Perhaps, that is for the best anyway. They won’t miss who they never formed a bond with. I will just be another swing of the pendulum to them, time never ending.” She muttered out in a drunken fit, probably not even understanding what she spoke in her pre-death philosophical output. “I hope, Goddan never forgives me for abandoning my sister in this time.” She said with a resolute nod. Going to begin taking her step forward, feeling the air beneath her feet. Not looking below as to not ruin her last fit of bravery, she leaned forward and gravity did the rest, as she began to plummet down into towards the lake below, she seemed almost elegant in her fall, unmoving as she closed her eyes. “Dravo Maya, care for the Little Crows as I did you.” Being her last words as she hit the water. Dying upon impact as she then began to sink down into the lake. And that being the end of Princess Katerina Alimar. 

Screenshot_35.png

Amelya Valeriya frowns as her sisters tell her of her aunt’s passing. The small girl fell silent, retreating through her chambers and out onto her balcony. She rested her elbows on the railing, planting her chin in her upturned palms as she gazed out into the dreary waters of Lake Milena where her aunt had been found. “I wanted to learn to hunt with you... you loved it so much. I wish you would’ve just come to say ‘privej,’ instead of doing what you did. We would’ve made you feel better.” Amelya sighs, shuffling back to seat herself at the table positioned on the balcony. “I’m sorry you had to go the way you did.”

Primrose Kortrevich brings a hand to her mouth, her eyes widening as she reads the missive. “I vowed to take care of you, I failed both you and your mother.” The aging dame whispers softly. “May you find Estelle in the Seven Skies, little one. She’s been waiting for you to join her on her journey since you were a tiny girl. You’re finally ready to find her.” She smiles softly, bringing a hand to the locket around her throat. “I will miss you dearly, my little niece, but it’s time for you to fly.” 

Edited by Miko0322

Alexandria Karina locked herself away in her bedchambers after having heard of the unfortunate news of her dear aunt.  Her room was silent, save for the ever so distant crashing of waves against the palace’s side, the desolate howls of the winter winds prying their way into the halls, and the very gentle sniffling of a weeping child, who hid under the covers of her bed.  ”Why did she go away?” Alex muttered to herself, closing her eyes as she clutched her rag-doll crow closer to her chest.  Her cheeks were flushed red with her emotions, dampened with her tears.  ”Please protect her, papej... Don’t let auntie become lost.”

[[accidentally posted below instead of here]]

Edited by Eryane

((Apologies formatting won't be present due to being on phone.))

Winifred released a breath, a long pang ached the elderly princess - she felt that pain again. The events of her adulthood had left it's mark, thoughts lingered. 

"Markus'.. abandonment. I swore to continue my years without Haense.. live my life without. Yet.. the loss of my beloved cousin beckons me back. Dearest little crow, you were far too gentle for the cruelness of this world. Rest at ease, look after my father's, my mother's."

With that, the aching princess began her ventures to return to her homelands from the comforting harbours of Aeldin. 

Maela Frostfire reads the news of her friends death with tears welling in her eyes, staring off the side of her balcony. It was dusk, she had just put her two infant children to bed, now was the time she could read her mail. “Presumed dead” it said, “... the body was found some time later, bloated, and swollen...” it said. She clutched the paper, one last memory of a person she knew for ages, one more person taken by the reaper. She began to break down, falling to her knees in an awful wail. Two crows hang themselves from a wire, another plunges to her death from the branch, one more becomes carrion for more brutal birds, and surely more to come. She leans against the railing on the ground, wailing and sobbing, hardly able to breathe. Perhaps long life was a curse – not a blessing.

You have to see all your friends die before you. 

”My dear friend.” Edyth would say with a smile as she was reunited with Kat once more in the afterlife. ”You have much to tell me...and now we have all the time in the world. No more pain, we’re finally at ease.” With that, the two friends would hug and catch up in the Seven Skies. 

Spoiler

Katharina  Baruch stood at the steps of Ayr holding on to a glass of red wine. eyes down trought as she absentmidly swirled the liquid. Tears began to stream for the Princess that was so kind to her. “I hope you are a good sky crow, that you take care of all the little other crows in the sky like you took care of me.” Her voice breaking as she looked to the sky wondering where  her only good friend has gone.  Taking one last sip of her wine before going to grab some candles to light in her honour. 

The news came in the middle of the night, with a knock upon Maya Valeriya’s door. As she stepped outside of her room, a servant came by to murmur that her sister’s body had been found within Lake Milena. Maya placed a hand on the wall to keep upright. An empty pit of a feeling was within her stomach. She had lost too many, too soon. Another family member was gone, and there were so few left. 

“That lake is cursed,” she muttered to herself as she slammed the door the moment the servant was out of sight. With hurried footsteps as the tears started to dream down, she strode out to her balcony. Seeing the waters below only worsened the turmoil that consumed her. Her shaky hands clutched the railing as she attempted to keep her composure, but it did little to help. Milena and her mother were found within the waters, and now her sister too. 

“I hope you’re at peace, Kat,” she eyed the stars above with a strained voice, praying that her sister had made it to the skies. “You deserve peace.”

Edited by Eryane

Frida Emelie heard of the news. She clutched the letter and slammed her fist down the table. 

"I should have taken more of her alcohol. Why did I niet try harder... Why!" She screamed. Her friend Suzette watching her breakdown while trying to calm down both her and her children's crying.

"I will meet you in the skies one day, Katerina... But niet today... I have things to do" The princess mumbled while trying to wipe away the tears.