Fly

Criala

Spoiler

-sxKn3OPZmeR14HJmx_qiG0eXq8fwaOr5tjelTajHc1b-Ty1QeUNXVxuLnbOBu8hAdoG7SmZmZ76R05KSdgcBfY_dZchwWRfju9gh1AciuRLZ6Y0WL9XOQ9TZYzk0zusObcgNmM

Hands clasped together and eyes closed, the mali’fenn woman sat with her legs tucked beneath her. It would appear that she was in prayer, though no sounds came from her. She remained like this for several more moments, before her eyes opened. Her hands dropped, unclasping in the process.

Whatever answer she’d been looking for, it wasn’t obvious. Her gaze lowered to fall upon a spot on the floor. Silence filled the air, the sound of her breathing the only noise in the room. Now she was deep in thought.

Jty-mtDF7gjBQSmhNKaeag8RNV558k1GXl7gR2uoA769YcfgeQTKsfwKkJxuq3L5BhhodqsT4o79X0pzSOuKnv8EchUDDvnopa9m_uW_FILLLs1TRhm8m2vCSAG8SBmcbOZvSNA

When was the last time I actually felt free?

How long had it been? Years, at the very least. So long she’d been trapped by guilt. By a need to prove herself. To be trusted. All of which only weighed her down. She felt so heavy, carrying such a burden upon her shoulders. Too much. It was getting to be too much. Had been too much for a long time. But that need to prove herself, prove her loyalty… It kept her locked in a cage, confined by obedience.

I can’t live like this anymore.

No, this wasn’t her turning her back on anyone or anything. It was letting go. Something she had needed to do a long time ago. She just hadn’t wanted to. A tiny bit of hope. But that was no way to live.

Lockezi was right. He was making fun of me. But he was right.

Too long had she been like a bird in a cage, hoping to spread its wings. Now finally… Finally, she would fly.

_69OqetHYrQNnGS1PSy3ABkOpMVtGFei88A424d46xsBPfE3yvj6pfV4lpgYAZecvVIZqggjo3rZvZh1vp4LZtEeYRWENV_7CcEcH3ExyPb_0iWuuATb4f7M1t3l1G-eQ1XTFAk

Art by Wlop