[Your View] Conflict & War

Sykogenic

7 minutes ago, howard said:

Telanir’s fantasy of both sides of a war cooperating is nice, and something I think we should strive for as a server, but it’s not happening now. We need to have rules that reflect that. 

This is the very very sad reality of this server. I've played in many games where this kind of cooperation was possible. I hoped it would be possible here. It is not. At least not now, and not universally. 

Default rules must be implemented, with the ability for negotiations to change them for an individual conflict. Then those changed rules must be publicly posted. 

ah_shit_here_we_go_again.png

15 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

Default rules must be implemented, with the ability for negotiations to change them for an individual conflict. Then those changed rules must be publicly posted. 

Big agree, it should be possible for unique wars to happen, but a standard is required with the current state of Lotc

Why even bother with these ‘your view’ topics they never change anything. Want an example? You guys posted one about rescue raids and yet you are still to ever implement them...

55 minutes ago, howard said:

46 minutes ago, Burnsider said:

29 minutes ago, Salty said:

I agree with all of you. The idea of cooperation is cute, but not realistic. 

The only thing that I think I disagree with is what Harold said about “No CBs.” I think CBs are fine as long as they are clearly defined and not granted by random rulings every time.

2 minutes ago, ReveredOwl said:

Why even bother with these ‘your view’ topics they never change anything. Want an example? You guys posted one about rescue raids and yet you are still to ever implement them...

Teams, and more importantly Admins, change. I was on the team back then and it was a god damn nightmare. I want your feedback because I want to create something that you all actually enjoy and feel a part of.

I agree that warclaims shouldn't end up being a world war every time, it's repetitive. The cause of this is alliances. I propose that alliances should only be allowed during raids and standard fights. Allies should not be allowed to aid eachother in the warserver itself. To still give smaller nations a chance to win, the amount of soldiers on each side will be capped. The max allowed ratio of soldiers will be 3:5 with a minimum of a set amount of soldiers. This could of example be 30.

- no more world wars.

- smaller charters can warclaim eachother in peace.

- the entire server won't have to be in permanent state of war.

6 minutes ago, Mark2282 said:

I agree that warclaims shouldn't end up being a world war every time, it's repetitive. The cause of this is alliances. I propose that alliances should only be allowed during raids and standard fights. Allies should not be allowed to aid eachother in the warserver itself. To still give smaller nations a chance to win, the amount of soldiers on each side will be capped. The max allowed ratio of soldiers will be 3:5 with a minimum of a set amount of soldiers. This could of example be 30.

- no more world wars.

What’s to stop allies from becoming “vassals” and being a part of the nation they support?

4 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

What’s to stop allies from becoming “vassals” and being a part of the nation they support?

We either see how often this will happen in practice. In that case will count as one nation and still hold themselves to the 3:5 ratio.

If too many charters start vassalizing, the unfortunate decision can be made to see this in the same light as an alliance.

Another option is to allow vassals to help but to lower the maximum ratio from 3:5 to a ratio closer to 1:1 if other charters push the numbers over the limit.

2 minutes ago, Mark2282 said:

We either see how often this will happen in practice. In that case will count as one nation and still hold themselves to the 3:5 ratio.

If too many charters start vassalizing, the unfortunate decision can be made to see this in the same light as an alliance.

Another option is to allow vassals to help but to lower the maximum ratio from 3:5 to a ratio closer to 1:1 if other charters push the numbers over the limit.

Fair enough

2 hours ago, Mark2282 said:

- no more world wars.

During sieges, the 3:5 rule should only apply in favor of the defenders. Otherwise, a group of 30 good PvPers could conquer a massive nation since the nation could only rally 50 of their soldiers to defend. If the 3:5 rule only applies in favor of the defenders, it’ll stop massive empires/coalitions from zerg rushing smaller settlements with overwhelming numbers without forcing large nations to lose defensive battles because their limited rally was unable to defeat a group of sweaty PvP goons.

Turn off raid timers and raid caps between people who are engaged in war.

For warclaims charge attacking sides minas for each person they bring, charge defenders 75% of the price per person.

Make certain items and enchants available for use in warclaims for the cost of minas (elytra, diamond armor, flame for bows).

For opposing sides in a war create a way for city gates to be broken down in a raid. 

Allow the repair of a trebuchet in a warclaim.

I’d like to see less fuckery about which forts are allowed.

Because PKs are not viable perhaps have people take a break from their character (1 or 2 weeks) in instances where a large raid is lost, or if a side loses a warclaim, then maybe a leader needs to take a break from their persona.

Remove sweetberry bushes or perhaps their slow and damage.

Allow the usage of lava buckets in standard pvp.

I think, a first thing would be to bring raids back. When I joined the server 10 people could raid. Now it’s 3, and since then I haven’t see a single raid. Raids used to be frequent – probably too frequent. There needs to be a nice balance. But no raids at all is no good balance either... 10 People per raid + a cooldown on raids would be nice. I don’t see how long it would be, probably a few days, like 3 maybe even 7 or 10. Also, if we want wars again to work, downgrading the server to 1.12/1.13 would be a good thing, so the server doesn’t lag to **** all the time. None of the recent WCs have been fun (probably for all side) because of the lag...

7 hours ago, _Jandy_ said:

Turn off raid timers and raid caps between people who are engaged in war.

For warclaims charge attacking sides minas for each person they bring, charge defenders 75% of the price per person.

Make certain items and enchants available for use in warclaims for the cost of minas (elytra, diamond armor, flame for bows).

For opposing sides in a war create a way for city gates to be broken down in a raid. 

Allow the repair of a trebuchet in a warclaim.

I’d like to see less fuckery about which forts are allowed.

Because PKs are not viable perhaps have people take a break from their character (1 or 2 weeks) in instances where a large raid is lost, or if a side loses a warclaim, then maybe a leader needs to take a break from their persona.

Remove sweetberry bushes or perhaps their slow and damage.

Allow the usage of lava buckets in standard pvp.

Lava Buckets are just like sweetberry bushes but worse.

They slow you down more than sweetberries, do more damage than sweetberries, and can flow outwards from its source block.

Also, it doesn’t make sense for lava buckets to be used in standard PvP. Are soldiers carrying around 1,200 Celsius lava in iron buckets all the way to a field battle? They’d cook themselves alive.

At the very least, lava flow should be disabled just like with lava buckets in the Hypixel pit. This prevents lava from denying large areas of the battlefield at the click of a button.

Edited by NotEvilAtAll

21 hours ago, howard said:

Nothing should stand in the way of an RP war. If someone can put an army together and march it toward the gates of a city, a warclaim should happen, full stop.

Remove CBs and asinine backroom negotiations. Focus on standard procedures for actual warclaims, not bizarre prewar litigation – the reason the last two wars have been so disastrous is that we have allowed dueling nations to argue the rules of engagement, with whoever strongarms the staff prying an advantage out of thin air.

If a siege takes place, it should follow the same rules as every other siege: Cobwebs shouldn’t be banned for one siege and allowed in another. If there’s a skirmish, everyone who can show up should be allowed to take part. Meanwhile, we should write war rules that take a load off the server hardware and compensate for minecraft netcode’s inability to host 200 players in a single chunk. 

Telanir’s fantasy of both sides of a war cooperating is nice, and something I think we should strive for as a server, but it’s not happening now. We need to have rules that reflect that. 

charoodler has the only good take in this thread. Litigation craft.