The Void Project

Archipelego

5 hours ago, Phylarch said:

The get around to taking a year to judge lore? Just force in lore. 

Always getting better. 

It’s almost as if it’s our ******* job to work on projects that add more lore to the server and flesh out existing concepts to add to the world’s history and make **** more interesting?

While I was optimistic for this rewrite, especially in anticipation for mages receiving some buffs to their physical strength, I am somewhat disappointed as well.

To start with the positives, I appreciate the refining of the connection process and the concentration of a mage.  It’s an added benefit to those who were confused by the vagueness surrounding how voidal mages used their magic.  I can also appreciate the effort to implement a general aesthetic to magic, so to enhance the roleplay of practitioners.

However, I still feel as though armour value and weight isn’t being fully appreciated by the lore team.  One redline to quote:   “Even half plate worn for more than a few minutes will lead to rapid and depleting exhaustion.”  This is a very broad definition of armour and seems to imply that mages are now exhausted by wearing partial armour.  An added drawback to a playerbase who already struggle to mundanely protect themselves. 

There also appears to be a contradiction in that redline, as mages appear to have had a strength buff, and yet can’t wear half-plate for more than a few minutes.  Plate armour in itself isn’t as heavy as some might think, and half-plate even less so.  Maybe it’s nitpicking, but I think this needs to be re-evaluated.  In my opinion mages should be allowed to wear half-plate.

Spoiler

Here’s a video that goes into detail about the details of plate, but moving on.

My biggest problem is with the mechanic  that covers weapons and hands:  “Mages have to make hand gestures with both hands free in order to cast spells.”  I don’t like this mechanic for a number of reasons.  This demand to take away a mage’s weapon is just an added disadvantage to an already extensive list of disadvantages.  What’s more, it’s already been established that mages are physically weaker and therefore can’t wield a sword as effectively as most, so what’s the point in crippling them even further?  The added hand gestures are also unnecessary in my opinion, as you’re demanding an aesthetic that I believe will just be tedious to continuously work with, mainly due to the fact that it limits your character’s range of movement, but also due to it taking way the freedom people employed into their own niche of casting.

If someone wants to wave their hands like a water-bender, go for it, but the fact is that not everyone falls into that niche, and so I think it robs us of an essence of creativity.

To finish up, I believe a lot of effort was put into refining voidal magic.  I know Tox worked hard on producing his rewrite.  However, I think there are more flaws than positives in this case, and so another re-evaluation is needed.

(Apologies for the format – wrote this on my phone.)

Edited by Gilded

I’m sorry but...

******* hell what absolute brainlet decided to nerf voidal magic even further? Not only can we not have plate or heavy weapons, now we can’t even have ******* chainmail or even a sword! What’s worse, the rest of you ******* approved it! Why you gotta do us like this, ST?

5 hours ago, GodEmperorFlam said:

As some members have mentioned already, we'll be making adjustments based on feedback over the next few days over issues that have been raised already (e.g. the hand gesture issue). We'll also be making a feedback thread down the line when people have had a chance to experience this stuff in roleplay to make sure any issues that crop up are fixed ASAP. Thank you for your patience and remember to keep things civil folks. We encourage people to leave more feedback if you see something that hasn’t been mentioned yet.

Weren’t you asked by majority of the community to resign? 

6 hours ago, TheAlphaMoist said:

It’s almost as if it’s our ******* job to work on projects that add more lore to the server and flesh out existing concepts to add to the world’s history and make **** more interesting?

When you talk like that, you just remind me of a teenager behind the screen. I thought only adults could be on the team... 

The hand thing is my only issue, a one armed mage being my main character. It doesn’t make sense that after four irl years of magic he can’t cast anymore because you need to flail your arms about to do magic now. #JusticeForLimblessMages 

A lot of stuff was refined, however I think besides adding some flavour to teaching it was overall unnecessary. I don’t think it will change the way people view voidal mages or the way they’re rp’ed very drastically. 

I do dislike the changes to voidal weakness though- There is no point in learning just one magic, because if you’re going to be as weak as someone with 5 magics you might as well go full mage and max your slots out. You’ve basically just eliminated all spell sword characters and forced people to use more magic.

lmfao look at all the suticans shrieking 

u get what u ******* deserve clowntown

We have made some changes to the connection & weakness lore. Feel free to take a look.

If you guys hate magic being used in combat so much why don’t you just make it illegal, rather than taking it out on the whole magic community? Not all of us are interested in playing dramatic anime characters who couldn’t even fight a child with a rock and a good throwing arm.

This looks like a good read, see you all tomarrow.

Well now I have mixed feelings. .

I appricate the changes, though I feel there should be more room for speel sword type characters.

Edited by SriFoo
reason

23 hours ago, Mavromino said:

Truly this is a good day for non-void mages. 

Inshallah. 

21 hours ago, Jentos said:

lmfao look at all the suticans shrieking 

u get what u ******* deserve clowntown

if you do not immediately PM me saying that this was not a joker reference i will fall into an entire nervous breakdown at the idea of some1 like you actually existing

railroading

Caution, Voidal Magic causes unintentional Golem Limbs!