Cataclysm [RP]

Krefarus

The Kingdom of Krolestwo: COLLEGE INTERFERENCE EDITION!

– – – 865, 866, and 867, the 14th Age – – –

2ANu0A3FWf1TJQNsqsYuIirAkTENPtKKQocglc5UYWXFTfaERFlxmwM5huk2fY33BZm4IqJ8Nf7nCVGeu_4YD_kw9Ok5pNTTPutllHkhwcKsrZKxWRwbqiJ5II02nfhg0puWXIhk

(Turn I)

Mieszko Lusatia, the third of his name and the King of Krolestwo, paced in the library he had built with great expense, running his fingers over the bindings that held a great many works philosophical, theological and literary as he passed the rows of bookshelves. The room was his favorite in the castle. He had taken great care to render an entire wall as a great window, flanked by flying buttresses, which he found was well suited for stoically staring out at the city below him whilst contemplating the burdensome responsibilities of absolute rule. That was what he found the library was best suited for - thinking, thinking, thinking… and so much to think about.

“Waldek, I am going mad,” Mieszko said, stopping before his beloved window. 

“Of course you are, you haven’t left this room in four hours” replied Antonin Waldek, Mieszko’s trusted military commander and closest advisor. 

“I am going mad with anxiety about the future. Of that god-forsaken Empire. I do not think Orev will stand.” 

“Antramar…”

“...ascendant,”  Mieszko finished the thought, “ the Imperial title up in the air. A new empire, spanning the midlands, and we’re caught in the center of it.” The young king stepped away from his window.

“It will not do, Waldeck. This all, will not do. You know what this country is, dear Waldeck? It’s a mob, sir, a mob of nobles, lord-mayors and guildsmen who all despise each other, who in some feverish episode of foolishness fashioned a crown and tossed it upon my grandfather’s head.” Waldeck disapproved; furrowing his brow.

“We’ve been Krolestwonian since ancient times, forgotten ages and the like; since Saint Vatislaw, all those ages thrust together. And not until now, have we had a unified kingdom such as ours.” Waldeck countered. Mieszko nodded; the two sparred on the question of the kingdom’s legitimacy often. Waldeck had faith in the kingdom he served; Mieszko, having been attempting to reform it for years now, had no such confidence.   

“As always, I appreciate that sentiment of yours, but cultural unity won’t forge an empire!” Mieszko replied. “Power will.”

Pot%C4%99ga_Rzeczypospolitej_u_zenitu._Z

The Meeting of the Thousand and the election of Boleslaw IV Lusatia as the King of Krolestwo, August 11th 872

----------------------

ACTIONS SUMMARY

Turn I, 865

The Kingdom of Krolestwo accepts an offer for both alliance and royal marriage with the Kingdom of Kastovia. Both countries caught in the middle of the Orev-Antramar War, culturally similar and trading on the same river system, the alliance is an obvious move and it is popular among the numerous middlemen of power in Mieszko’s court.. An offer from the Kingdom of Ardes for an alliance is similarly accepted with an exchange of diplomats between them. 

Treaties for trade are adopted for the following countries:

Mitrovic E. Chicatoc E.

K. of Kastovia K. of Ardes

Parmesan K. of Pachaqui 

Crimson Order G. P of Rostukhov

Frigate Man Sneaky?

Passive Tech I: Heavy Infantry

The military minds of Krolestwo, primarily the nobility so well accustomed to matters of warfare, recalling the success of the Piechota Drill system, spend many a week sparring with sword and shield in the castle courtyard. Their object - to create an entirely new Drill, for the use of heavy weapons. The base discipline which should enable heavy infantry.

Passive Magic I: T3 Transformation, Form Magic

Like the base Transformation spell, but the range in which an object’s form may be manipulated is greatly increased. Furthermore, multiple objects of the same size and mass can be so transformed at a time. 

Turn II, 866

King Mieszko, returning to the capital with his army after the tense incursion into the kingdom’s territory, meets with delegates of the highest lords of the land who he has summoned for the purpose of delivering a speech: all whilst dressed in the full regalia of the Monarch in the Cathedral of St. Rostokov:

“My Lords, I come having returned fresh from viewing a sight which none of us ever wished to see visited upon our sacred soil. Indeed, a  battlefield, the corpses of a great multitude of fighting men strewn about the gentle grasslands. Heaps of mortal flesh stacked high, which so mark this good land with their foreign blood.

In this uneasy time, I think back upon the most august mandate Krolestwo placed upon my grandfather’s shoulders - to protect and preserve this blessed realm, with sword and shield in hand. I have assembled you all here to respect this honorable charge.

For the defense of this kingdom from foreign influence, and to uphold the oath the House of Lusatia took upon itself eighty-four years ago, I hereby pledge that as your King, I will not abide further violations of our neutrality in the Orev-Antramar War. From this day forth, any foreign man-at-arms that dares to set foot in our land will find the offending limb hacked off! With strength in the knowledge that God has so blessed this people with His ever-enduring favor, and the assurance that we act in good faith to the laws and customs which all honorable men know as intrinsic and unassailable, Krolestwo will remain an independent and sovereign country, and its people shall continue to know peace.”

------------------------------

King Mieszko may talk bold to his nobles, uneasy and much desiring of strong leadership from their monarch, but when it comes to diplomacy in the wake of this affair the response is measured.

The Kingdom of Krolestwo dispatches messengers to both Antramar - well over the head of Lord Tarbus and straight to the King southwards - and the Empire which eloquently request that their countries respect the neutrality of Krolestwo in their conflict. Krolestwo informs both parties that King Mieszko is more than happy to entertain requests for military access,  negotiated in good faith in a manner befitting to conduct between civilized and sovereign countries. To avoid future incidents, Mieszko offers to host embassies in the capital of Durowitz (much removed from the fighting) at Krolestwonian expense.

Turn III, 867

King Mieszko works to further improve the productivity of Krolestwo trade, which has been so essential in his effort to build up a strong supply of coin to fund expansion. Though the attitude in the court is deeply militaristic and paranoid, eyeing the changing tide of war in the Orev-Antramar War, Mieszko does not launch into military development just yet. Instead, he continues to direct Waldeck and his retinue of military noble-leaders to apply their expertise to the development of Heavy Infantry.

It is also decided that it would be most useful to the Army to have a unit of swift Light Cavalry, for the express purpose of conducting valuable reconnaissance. 

Mieszko also finds himself taking more to the field on horseback; the bookish recluse-king image won’t do, at least to the extent he used to indulge it. 

Otherwise it is a calm and uneventful year.

-------------------------------------------------

CONSTRUCTIONS, revised for a third time...

51232cc1a40143c38a87a164112f9336.png

89da98c39f9900772ca2780c6aa2e119.png

1cfea0f0cc72f583d7c4ae32b4d00e3d.png

f4d7d486ee26dc2cae83df2136453947.png

Edited by Sagittarian99
elsass lothringen is still rightful german clay

pjVJtDlOxfEhc_oCTUYZxjAQC5EJAN-LwbL3QHmBIhJmIcFDFweOAIdnnT5eb8FQ23ykmT6SyOvksBZODwIzMnYCeONwXhuS0kF5YAmebrfx6LsnXocDep7e9stqhOP8yuu6a5gM

KINGDOM OF KASTOVIA

Ruler: HRM, King Sigismund IV of Kastovia

Population: 10,609,000 (10,927,270 next)

Starting Points: 10 Size, 10 Army, 6 Tech, 5 Loyalty

Trade Partners (10): Ardes, Crimson Order, Samalstraza, Krolestwo, Perasma, Rhorric, Pachaqui, Rhydia, Ishikawa, Mitrovic

Amidst the King’s court - in a chamber of polished stone, and elaborate Aterite pillars adorned by paintings of royal predecessors and Kastovia’s triumphs and flanked by banners of red and white, presided by the Great Eagle… of imports of fine make and luxury, exotic and crafted at home with a throne of silver gold and red velvet - a man stoon before another man enthroned.

A man of the clergy in red and gold- clad in elaborate robes of priceless embroidery, depicting ecclesiatical scenes in neatly organized registers across his chest, only covered by two purple drapes which hung around his neck and topped off with a round and bold mittre - akin to the shape of rising dough. He was a weathered man, perhaps with at least five decades beneath his modest zone. He bore a wrinkled face and scrunched up nose, with a beard of grey and to his shoulders. He commanded the attention of those who gathered, reciting from an old tomb with a finger waggled.

“... and let it be known it was he, Hadrianus of Kavir, who preached the word of love and compassion. He, who knew his voice would not fall silent but ring upon a thousand ears. He, who paid the ultimate price and was prosecuted by the Atemic lords - sentenced to die upon the wooden cross. And he who rose yet again, not with a burning vengeance nor hate, but bore a message for his faithful - bidding them to forget naught of deeds transpired and always find room in thy hearts for forgiveness…

… ‘Lest we forget -”

“My good Archbishop Pisczech...” a voice interceded. “Pray tell, courtly hours are not times for religious sermons, I’m sure you’re aware?” King Sigismund raised a brow, seemingly unamused by theatrics of the Archbishop.

The Archbishop closed the book, bowing. “Of course not, Your Majesty. The point rather being t-that I-I..” he stumbled upon his words, “..believe it fit for the Crown to foot the efforts of reconstructing our country’s greatest heritage and pilgrimage sites - it would do well in restoring the Kastovian identity - erecting a series of grand cathedrals in showcase of our splendor. Not only to the Adrianist Mother Church, but to all, from each corner of society… a safe haven amidst the turbulence,  a chapter from which we can give back to-”

King Sigismund waved a hand, cutting off the bishop, “I understand, Your Eminence. Do not need to lecture me about the importance of the sanctified grounds in which we tread. Thus, I shall ensure the Crown will allocate monetary aid to restoring our holy sites. That is all I have to say on the matter.”

The bishop nodded, finding this response sufficient as he slowly backed away, turning his back only when he reached the rear of the aisle in accordance with Kastovian courtly customs. A pair of two armed guards parted along the central carpet, allowing the bishop to seamlessly melt back into the crowd of courtiers.

“Next petitioner.” cried the herald, his voice hoarse and presumably having been at it for hours. Unfurling his scroll, he recited the name, “Her Excellency, Lady Artificer Kamila von Domaradz.” to which a beautiful, red-maned youth stepped forward - wearing a frilled dress of red and black, complimenting her features - though perhaps hanging a little too low beneath the shoulders - not that His Majesty would ever complain.

Sir Adrian Koguciuck, named taken after the Lord, whispered to the King’s ear, “She knows she doesn’t have to do that right? - Her seat on the Council ensures her-”

Sigismund waved the issue, “I’m sure she’s aware.” Addressing the court, he raised his voice, “What matters do you bring before my court, Lady Artificer?”

“Here we go.” Lord Dimarczyk rolled his eyes, granted an honorary position upon the dais, as protector and advisor to the king.

To his flank, the Queen Anastasia Victoria, wife of Sigismund, appeared slightly petulant, perhaps jealous of the young sorceress and her influence among the court.

“Good sons and daughters of Kastovia.” she said, “Our people have been given a great blessing - one that we shall not ignore - an affinity towards all processes alchemical in nature - one that we cannot ignore. Perhaps, our potential for dabbling is not nature. But we have given the tools to do good things for humankind and forge our own futures. Unlimitless potential - creating elixirs of healing to refining the temperment of steel. I ask that those who possess such gifts not shirk away from your duty - to Kastovia and her peoples. You might sooner find that there is a gem hidden behind the mundane surface. And I will be honored to announce that the Royal Academies will be sponsoring the education of various inclined individuals in the Schools of Alchemy, Transmutation, and Enchantment…” she decried, to which she was met with approving nods and applause of well-meaning intent.

Beneath his breath, Lord Dimarczyk wondered “Is she done yet.”

“That will be all.” she then actually concluded, strutting towards the dais as opposed to the exit, picking up the frills of her dress, as she took her place upon the podium, among the King’s trustees. She appeared quite content with herself. Sigismund, on the other hand, scratched his forehead.

The King coughed, “Yes, pray step forward if what the Lady Artificer said is of interest to you.” to which perhaps seven people showed interest, lining up before the court.

”A fine start.” she smiled pleasantly, the next courtier waved forward, as she went to meet with her initiates.

“To what end?”

SETTLEMENTS:

Royal City of Barowitz, Lone Stone Walls [Trade Depot, Commerce

City of Kropiec, Low Stone Walls (Starting) [Trade Depot, Commerce

City of Ustau, Low Stone Walls (Starting) [Trade Depot, Commerce

City of Turek, Low Stone Walls (Starting) [Trade Depot

MANPOWER:

MOD ACTIONS:

RESEARCH ACTIONS (6 TECH):

Passive Research 1: Heavy Infantry (due 868)

Passive Research 2: Crossbowmen (due 868)

(NEW) Active Magical Research: T2 Spell - Volatile Mix - The artificer gains the ability to create a lethal potion which deals damage over a small area. As the casing of the potion breaks upon impact, globs of sticky, liquid fire impact away from the epicenter, scorching the area with severe intensity, and quickly engulfing anything in its wake. 5,000g invested.

FINANCE ACTIONS:

Total Income/Production: 78,000g, 59 Food

Base: 10,000g

Population 21,000g

Capital: 3,000g

POC Control: 2,000g

Trade Partners: 10,000g

Trade Depots (4): 20,000g

Commercial Districts (3): 12,000g

Cities (Excluding Starting 3): 0g

+5,000

Army Upkeep:  -2,500g

Food Consumption: -59 Food (Population - 43, Cities - 16)

[5,000g] Constructing Farm

[10,000g] Constructing 1 Commercial District in Turek

[60,000g] Constructing 4 Great Cathedrals in Barowitz, Kropiec, Turek, and Ustau

[5,000g] Volatile Mix Research

K Ū R A U Š A H R

The Choranic Empire

latest?cb=20160610191723

As the Empire’s industry sluggishly rouses from the post-Atem hibernation, it begins to flex its expansionary muscles. An expeditionary force is sent along the Olkvein to chart its source, consisting of 500 Imperial Infantry and numerous scholars and cartographers, including one of the venerated Magi.

They are followed by a large convoy of supplies, though not for long. They begin construction of a keep a few leagues north of Choranic control in order to claim the area and its natural resources for the Šāhān Šāh.

d31db7b3f83f8c179f7951ead5330d04.png

S U M M A R Y

Commercial Districts in Sebkehan, Bandar Šapur, and Alekešah [-30,000 Gold]

Olk-Wood Mills in Sebkehan and Bandar Šapur [-25,000 Gold]

Keep on the Olkvein [-10,000 Gold, 2AP]

Farms in Alekešah [-10,000 Gold]

Exploration up the Olkvein

1,800 Gold Remaining

Spell Research:

Purity: Divine Inspiration [T3, 3rd Turn]

The Light of Ahura Mihr fills the hearts and minds of the targets, rallying and boosting their morale.

Channel the Heavens [T1 to T2, 3rd Turn]

Kūraušahr Information

62aca097eb1c31563661e3828fffc7f8.png

THE KINGDOM OF ARDES

His Royal Majesty, Konrad III of House Karovid

[Leadership: 8 | Charisma: 4 | Martial: 1]

Year 867 of the 14th Age

Can’t be bothered to write rp

ACTIONS

Income: 87,000

Advertisements spring throughout the Capital, indicating the need for smithers to provide their services to the Crown in return for a fair amount of gold and housing, granted that they meet the quotas and criterias. [Constructing 2 Heavy Manufactories, 15,000]

A new mandate from the King has been announced to the Ardeskarmee, in which His Majesty seeks to increase the number of enlisted soldiers, and to do so, there now needs a stable source of iron to be forged into steel. Luckily, the Jennik Mountains south to the Bay of Arles have just such, and seem capable of being exploited by dozens of mines. [Constructing 2 Mines, 10,000]

Industry booms within the Capital as the Nation is gearing itself for its first ever colonization campaign. With hundreds of contracts overburdening the current class of craftsmen, the Crown sees fit to expand the production sector of Pravid. [Constructing 6 Civilian Manufactories, 45,000]

Heralds ring out throughout the Realm, announcing the recent initiative to lay claims to the surrounding territories of Ardes. However, in order to facilitate such an endeavor, the necessity for farms arises, for departing masses of colonizers will need to be fed, and continuously so. [Constructing 3 Farms, 15,000]

Saving 2000g

MILITARY

10 Military, 5 Loyalty

Manpower; 15,000

Ardasikarmee

2 (1000) Regiments of the Red Banners, T3 Regular

5 (2500) Regiments of Medium Infantry, T3 Regular

2 (1000) Regiments of Medium Cavalry, T3 Regular

1 (500) Regiment of Archers, T3 Regular

Garrisoned

The Fortress of Neuhof: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

The Castle of Pravda: 200 Medium Infantry, 100 Archers.

Capital, Pravid: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Lazly: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Waldorf: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Krnov: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Total: 2700 Medium Infantry, 850 Archers

---------------------------------------------------------

RESEARCH

6 Tech

Passive Research Slot 1: Heavy Infantry DONE NEXT TURN

Passive Research Slot 2: Heavy Cavalry DONE NEXT TURN

TRADE

1 Kingdom of Kastovia. 2 League of Pérasma. 3 Kingdom of Krolestwo. 4 Samalstraza. 5 Khrav. 6 Ishikawa Shogunate. 7 Elyic Chapter of East Ater. 8 The Imperial Electors of Orev. 9 The Empire Antramar. 10 Pachaqui Kingdom

Pachaqui Kingdom

6j8nQCw.png

Population:

10,609,000 Chimuquera (Human)

515 Perasmani (Human)

People of note:

King Thonaqan Micchuqui – 24 years

(Leadership 5, Martial 3, Charisma 5, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Archpriest Solameqan Nugguchuqui Payama – 43 years

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 2, Arcana 9, Agility 0)

Warmistress Theaqui Suppucchi – 29 years

(Leadership 4, Martial 6, Charisma 1, Arcana 0, Agility 2)

Retainer Tuqua Richiqui – 24 years

(Leadership 2, Martial 4, Charisma 3, Arcana 0, Agility 4)

---

Cities & Settlements:

Osocchi Appachaqui, the city of the skies (capital city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District

Nidipaquichi Picchu (city)– Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot

Totomachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District

Oyopaqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District

Civil Infrastructure:

60 farms (8 nodes)

3 Commercial Districts

4 Trade Depots

Trade with Antramar, Kastovia, Aldemaric League, Mer’ak, Tomuk Oburakai, Ardes, Ishikawa, Crimson Order, Mitrovic Empire and Krolestwo

---

Military Infrastructure:

1 Castle, 1 Fortress (Start)

Armed Forces:

2,500 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

2,500 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Garrison Forces (cities & fortifications):

1,700 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

900 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Naval Forces:

n/a

---

Income:

Base: 10,000 Quti

Settlements: 3,000 Quti

Taxes: 21,000 Quti

Commercial Districts (3): 12,000 Quti

Trade (10 partners): 10,000 Quti

Trade Depots (4): 20,000 Quti

Treasury: 0 Quti

Expenses:

Armed Forces (-20%): 2,000 Quti

---

Year 867

“They do not expect good treatment, King.” Solameqan muses to his liege. Young King Thonaqan nods as he glances down from one of the countless terraces of Osocchi Appachaqui, whilst below on the long and winding mountain road a seemingly small line of people wanders up, accompanied by soldiers of the Pachaqui Kingdom. “No, they will not. They are far from home, on foreign shores, on foreign soil. But they are, like us, people of Earth. Mama-Pacha made us equal, and whilst she did appoint some to lead and others to follow, in the end, at the heart we are but her children. These seafarers, whilst they may seek the sea and perhaps even catch a glimpse of it on a clear day to the North, will have to learn that there is something in us we all share. Compassion and understanding. A gift that Mama-Pacha has given us.” The King turns around to head back to the palace, halting a few steps in. “They will not expect good treatment. But they will receive it, no questions asked. Inform the people, master archpriest.” – “Yes, my King.”

Life was booming and with newfound prosperity, more Quti than ever came flooding into the treasury from taxes and services. With this new influx of currency however, the King did not retire, he wanted to reinvest it, to continue the growth and prosperity of the Pachaqui Kingdom. For such, in a first step, the basin south of the Chiquimutan Mountains must be conquered. And by that the King appointed his old childhood friend and loyal retainer Tuqua Richiqui for this task.

Actions:

As per decree of the young King, new farmland must be prepared to acommodate the growing demand of food by the steadily growing population. So far the Chimuquera had no issue with their nutrition, but the King does not intend to have it become a matter. (-18,000 Quti for 4 farms)

Furthermore, the King decrees that in light of recent instabilities of the world, the Pachaqui Kingdom must be prepared for a worst case, may it never come. The military armament of the nation is of utmost importance, lest foreign invaders might find it easier (not that conquering or invading their home mountains would be easy) to find a foothold in their land. As such, Thonaqan Micchuqui orders the Warmistress to take care of hte matter. Supported by the King, Theaqui Suppucchi commands local workforces to construct the following: Four new mines are to be built, split up to the cities. Along with the new influx of raw material, four new craftsmen districts are to be established. (-45,000 Quti)

South of Nidipaquichi Picchu under the command of Tuqua Richiqui a new town is errected in a fertile stretch of land. The nearby hills and the looming mountains in the distance still give a sense of home to the Chimuquera who are accompanying the retainer in his task. To ascertain the safety of the expedition, they are accompanied by 500 warriors and 500 plumed archers. (-13,500 Quti) ((Edit 24-02-2020: Did not fulfill requirements, only for the record))

Lastly, lest it will be forgotten, the somewhat distant city of Nidipaquichi Picchu on the Northern end of the Pachaqui basin receives a Commercial district. (-9,000 Quti)

The remaining Quti, rectangular chips of gold are being stored in the treasury of Osocchi Appachaqui, in order to save it for the coming year, where coin might become much more needed. (-2,000 Quti)

In the meantime, the Archpriest Solameqan orders the exploration of the gifts of Mama-Pacha, the powers she has bestowed upon the Chimuquera. The subject shall be the rapid formation of rock spikes out of the ground in a straight line from the caster, to impale approaching enemies. Whilst it seems cruel, it is essential that the Chimuqueran people have the means to protect themselves properly. (Passive study, year 3, due 868)

Spoiler

THE AMARANTIC DOMINION

The Dark Beyond grants me visions.

I see a power far greater than those around it yet realise.

A scream.

A dark promise.

A wretch in distant shadows.

Does this portend doom, I wonder?

Snatched motes of whispers of material truths from the infinite tumult of Oblivion.

Carried to my soul by chance, or by the hand of fate, or of powers terrible and beyond comprehension?

Scant mutterings of a mind maddened, or of genuine provenance?

Time shall tell.

Time, that dread master that binds all.

I awake.

Spoiler

Stats, Cities & Buildings:

Population: 10,000,000 Humans

Crucible (Capital)

Ossus (City)

Umbras (City)

Lacunas (City)

Farms: 56 (11 nodes)

Point Distribution:

Race: Human (+1 point)
Loyalty: 0
Magical Knowledge 10
Technological Expertise: 6
Size: 10
Economy: 0
Sea-Faring: 0
Military: 5

Military:

1 Mage

2 Adepts

100 Wraith Warriors

250 Lich Knights

500 Archers

Key Figures:

Antathek Ra, Master of the Fathomless Void

Leadership: 3, Martial: 1, Charisma: 2, Arcane: 7, Agility: 0

Shalara Valkoren, Denier of the Divide

Leadership: 3, Martial: 1, Charisma: 4, Arcane: 5, Agility: 0

Sothal Za, Lord of the Shadows

Leadership: 2, Martial: 3, Charisma: 1, Arcane: 3, Agility: 4

Passive Tech Research (2 Slots)

SLOT 1: Restless Miners – Mine work is dangerous, best to leave the bulk of it to the dead. After all, they need neither rest nor sustenance. Bonus to Steel Production.

SLOT 2: Medical Research – The orders know so much about the body. Why not apply it to aiding the living? Fewer casualties in battle or from any other harmful event.

Passive Magic Research (2 Slots)

National Idea: Bonus to Spell Research

SLOT 1: Dark Scrying – The Order of the Unfathomable continue their meditative pursuit of power in the darkness beyond. Perhaps the signs and echoes there can be interpreted for more practical means?

SLOT 2: Invisibility – Examining ancient texts from the recently exhumed tomb of a Shadow Knight (and interrogating his lingering ghost), the Order of the Shadows seeks to steal the power of their more altruistic forerunners.

Budget:

Capital: 3000

Base: 10,000

Population: 20,000

Upkeep: 750 (next turn)

Total: 33,000

Actions:

• 3 x Commercial Districts. (30,000)
  • Scouts are sent to survey the POI on the island east of the Dominion.
  • As part of their tentative opening up to the world, the Dominion seeks to establish trade and diplomatic relations with the following:
    • Rhorric
    • Samalstraza
    • Kastovia
    • Perasmani
    • Ardes
    • Antramar
    • Maeya

3000 saved.

j3u7YwX.png

The Grand Principality of Rostukhov

478px-Seal_of_Ivan_4_1539_a.svg.png

Mistimed this post, forgot to prep RP for it because of two midterms today. Next time.

Town Crier

A keep!

drn9uLi.png

Two farms!

Two commercial districts and a mine!

Research: Advanced Armor and Weaponry Production [T4 Equipment]

Research: Crossbows

Research: Trebuchets

Income

49,650G

Army

1 T3 R Luchniki | 500 Men

5 T3 R Kopeyshchik | 2500 Men

Upkeep | 1,350G

Payments

Khozyaystvo – Founding of Homesteads [Farmlands] | 2X | 10,000G

Kommertsiya – Commercial District | 2X | 20,000G

Sdelka Sklad – Trade Depot | 1X | 10,000G

Okhranyat – Keep | 1X | 5,000G

Mines | 1X | 5,000G

Reserves

Previous: 4,950G

New: -350G

Total: 4,600G

Research

[Tech 10][Completed: Heavy Cavalry, Yithic Moss]

Slot 1 – T4 Equipment

Slot 2 – Trebuchet

Slot 3 – Scorpion

The Pérasmani League

0u3QpF0B1tLTamCutG_5yGqg0FfFJeAiqD9b47EINyC7k26QsLiE4vVh_Mb8Qv3l9fTf_xgHRjaoux_2puHxogK4s934gyjNk8fj-nAq47RK46aTyhDL82T9uNpnrg8mWeLi1V_4

WHY ARE THERE NO MOUNTAINS UPON THIS ISLAND

Population:

Álympos Sector -

Resources:

Gold (G) -

54,350 Income

0 Used

0 Stored

Steel (S) -

2 Income

4 Used

0 Stored

Army Production (AP) -

2 Income

2 Used

Ship Production (SP) -

2 Income

2 Used

Activity:

Expenditures (33k C, 2 AP, 2 SP) -

Several vessels head north, moving to set up a trade outpost for a new settlement in the Cradle. (1 AP, 15k G)

uj2_swsI9Hex39HwxG4kdEVERj4hhz0-sftTHzFdnX4tLOZxTD1kWZ-LAfuq_fk_qQgylmjDp64FrmOlN9sfkNmjU_aZINPKvWwFo4uhRW7wboBy0FsGeHiu-wHVN7pVJGyWbKow

A steady stream of weaponry and armor is made, enough for another unit of Nobles. (1 AP, 10k G – L3 equipment)

With the hasty constructions happening in the capital, the previously commissioned Carrack vessel. Is completed in only a year. (2 SP, 7k G [3/3 SP, 7/7k G])

Training the nobles how to fight better because apparently they don’t know how to do that already. (10k Gold, Vet 1)

Docks begin to expand in number within the Capital, soon enough there are two fully operational dockyards working on ships. (10k Gold)

Gold to Khrav. (3k Gold)

Mod (???) -

:neet:

Research (12k C) -

[PASSIVE SLOT 1 - Heavy Infantry] Big boys in armor. [1 Turn Remains]

[T3 Wind Spell - Ripí (Rip-Wind)] Resources are sent to the isle of Samalstraza, as well as the gifted sorcerer named Cormac [6 Arcane] to assist with the ongoing research efforts for a new spell. (10k)

[T3 Water Spell - Kýma] The spell is further refined from abroad as a private project for Cormac. ([9.3k G Invested, 3 Turns remaining?])

Edited by Quackers

THE MITROVIC EMPIRE

Image result for komnenos dynasty coat of arms

Got work again. Stat post. Will try to get some RP for next turn.

-Orolian prepares for a new campaign come 868. He orders that the Arcane Halls conduct trials among the apprentices, to raise the best of them to the status of Adept. (40’000 Gold for 4 Adepts)

-Debts to be paid. (3’000 Gold for the Crimson Order)

-Orolian once more sends forth his Retainers and Tribal Light Cavalry, under the command of Lord Nicolai Denghel. They spend the year continuing their chevauchees into the lands of the Ascendancy. This time, however, they focus more of raiding for gold than destroying food sources. Orolian clearly is building funds for a year of campaigning.

-The Empire begins researching Heavy Cavalry. (1000 Gold invested, 0 tech.)

Samalstraza

loTji9Z.png

The tunnel stretched out ahead of her like a black maw, the faint breeze filtering through it like the breath of the sleeping beast. She shivered and glanced to the side. He was trying to act brave, but the torch flickered in his hand as it trembled.

“I don’t think this is a good idea,” said Quill, clutching her cloak tightly around her shoulders. Her voice echoed down the tunnel, disappearing like a sound in the snow. 

“It’s fine,” said the boy. Damnit, what was his name again? She was supposed to remember these kind of things. He glanced at her and cocked his head to the side, as if taking courage in her own fear. “I’ll lead the way!”

“Idiot,” she muttered as he stepped forward, his torch holding the shadows at bay. The ground was rough here, full of nooks and crannies, as if there had once been pavement, now long removed.

Image result for cave explorer art

The shadows prowled around her as she followed the light, her gaze dancing around with every shift of the darkness, as if each was some sort of unspeakable horror, cast down from the towers above and left here to fester.

“What was this place again?” said the boy. Jerus? Jerome? 

“Nergal’s Gloam.” Quill glanced at the small notebook in her hands. It was old and faded, worn by age and found by chance between two massive tomes within the Hâsabar. “Where the aspirants of darkness go.”

“I ain’t never seen any aspirant go down here, and my da’ knows everything that goes on in this place.”

Indeed, why was she here again, with the son of a servant? Quill sniffed. Then, something fell behind her and she spun around, her eyes widening and her body tingling with adrenaline. Regret and fear filled her as she was confronted by utter darkness and she turned around once more. But the boy was gone. His torch sat on the floor, hissing and sputtering and filling the tunnel with its awful dying breaths.

“Boy?” she called out, her voice so perilously tremulous. “Boy where are you?”

Then something tickled her sense, untrained as they were, and a boy stepped out of the darkness. His skin was bone white and his face so gaunt that she could see every line of the skull beneath, like wax paper stretched over a mould. He took a stepforward, his feet so silent that she heard a pitter patter accompany him. In his hand was a dagger, covered in fresh blood.

A small scream escaped her lips. “You killed him!” she gasped, her hands over her mouth.

“Yes.” His voice was raspy, like two rusted pieces of metal grinding against each other and it echoed in her head as she spun around and fled, fear overtaking her.

But she had only gone two steps into the darkness when a form coalesced in front of her and the boy landed on her, slamming her onto the ground, his face glowing in the light of the torch. It was then that she recognized him. A flash of a fragment of a memory. A sleepless night, a walk across the Courtyard of Ashûrnazirpal, two Thrice Chosen with a limp body between them, an unconscious boy with blood leaking from a wound on his head.

Something cold pressed against her neck and she felt a trickle of warmth run down into her hair. “I-I know you,” she managed to force through her quaking lips.

“What?” he said, pausing.

“I saw you. At night. Thrice Chosen were with you. You were unonconscious. I thought you had gotten into a fight. Are you an aspirant of the dark?” her questions tumbled through her lips like a flow now finally released by hysteria. But with every question, it were as if she had struck him and he recoiled, further and further into the shadows.

Finally, when he was but a darkn shape, barely outlined within the greater gloom, he stopped. “Don’t ever come back. You do not belong here.” 

Then, he was gone.

Expenses

Buy Two Aspirants, Scholar & Runemancy (16.000G)

Aspirant Quill of the 1st Ascent of Knowledge.

Aspirant Habû of the 2nd Ascent of Runemancy.

Buy Thrice Chosen 2AP, 12.000G

Three Commercial Districts, 30.000G

3.000 Gold Excess

Spells [Magic 10]

New

T1 - Dark/Necromancy - Ereshtera Shastamas: Commune with the spirit of a deceased. The longer they have been dead for, the harder, and without personal items to strengthen the bond, it becomes even more difficult to be able to maintain a coherent conversation.

Ongoing

Blood of Nashorazirpal - 868

Ring of a Hundred Tongues - 870

Magma Whip - 869

Al Mored - 870

On Hold

Sû Shastur iss Ninûr

Actions

-Once the newly inducted Aspirant of the 1st Ascent, Quill, is recruited Samalstraza offers up her skills in divining the past to Orev and Antramar so that they may finally resolve this dispute that has caused such division within the Midlands. Indeed, Quill would be able to visit the location of the murder and use her mystical powers to ascertain the facts of the past to see how the Magistrate’s lord truly died. [MOD]

-At the same time, Abed-Lamû, 40, male in Orev and Runi Adba, 29, female in Antramar, continue to worm their way into the respective rulers courts. Abed-Lamû regularly hosts those intellectual elite within his own circle of influence in long nights spent debating the deeper truths of the world over fine wines and meals. On the other hand, Runi Abda attempts to prove herself as an apt organizer, who volunteers her talents for her acquaintances parties to hopefully grow her fame in that dimension. [MOD]

-Samalstraza sends out scribes and chroniclers to Orev, Rhydia, the Kingdom of Rhorric and Arnun, requesting a chance to transcribe their myths, histories and lores into Ninûric so that they may be preserved forevermore in the shelves of the Hasâbar of Samalstraza.[MOD]

-[REDACTED] 3000G Total: 14.000G

Tech

Telescope – 869

The Ishikawa Shogunate

K5-OslrMXzsSCzZhF7m-497SaniPDL72bhnM8CoMfcCZmwPGqPdiE56DwfXhy6pvgkdi1tmXtjCHiGDP8KdN7v84zmPvQkR-MxAlp21cnx7D3aHjLLa2Hiz5wuhz6Ek5xnkvDUXS

I have a headache and will do more RP when we’re on the regular schedule.

-----------

Actions:

Having been forced back by several indecisive actions, the Ishikawa frigates now patrol the seas around the home islands, with slightly adjusted complements. Regrettably, the shogunate’s raids must cease for the time being.

-----------

Expenditure:

WcURslKGtr04eRqAuE5QmB_WIj36mrbtaq4BQ7LzzA9BPwV5Tlz6d9qtoycsbLIEyNeSVmn68GH1OHmLol7kysKpZsL7bueJZmMZ2xUTQWDj8I7eTv0nenM6tuCQjKYYvRI85rNl

[2 Harbors with Mines; 30,000 Gold] - If this war is to go on much longer, the shogun will need to replace his losses.

[1,500 Vet 1 Light Cavalry; 22,500 Gold] - In an effort to ensure the defense of the home islands, the shogun raises a large force of experienced horsemen.

[Veteran 1; 2,000 Gold] - The last of the wokou are trained to veteran status.

[38 Gold Saved]

A strong eastern wind tore across the landscape, trees creaking and bending beneath its force.

The vessel collided with the soft sand with a deep thump, burying its prow deep into the shoreline. Beyond the limestone cliffs, thick plumes of smoke ascended into the sky, only to be taken away by the winds. A horn echoes across the bay, piercing the ears of many with its ominous whine.

The cries and moans of the dying were plentiful across the devastated village, though quickly silenced by the chitters and clicks of foreign tongues and the swift thrusts of spears. What was not consumed in flames, smoldered, throwing great plumes of embers and ash into the air..

Terror consumes the coast.

---

World Events:
Time marches on, a year passes, it is now 879

Lord Tarbus continues his devastating campaigns in the name of King Savos. Following his victory over Osmund within Krolestwo, his army has marched into the Empire itself, putting much to the torch, and beating back yet another imperial army. Most notably, the city of Ceske is taken and then promptly sacked and massacred. Rumors say that the viscious lord completely joined in the act himself, and specifically ordered his cavalry to run down any who escaped from the walls.

This year, the war in Chtor is mostly quiet, apart from an Aldemaric victory at Myrtos. Aeton, successful in bringing his army south across the strait, and beginning to feel the economic pressure comes to the table with Aldemar and Wyom. Though nothing has come from the negotiations as of yet, their existence has further prolonged the war.

Crimson Order

Seeking opportunity, Aldemar is no doubt the best option for a man in Wilfried’s position. In the city, he finds the pristine blocks of the greatest economic power in Chtor since Atem, there is much to steal, and he steals much. He finds less luck with the children, who are not often far from their parents, as is Aldemaric custom. However a man such as himself should remain vigilant, for the within the wealthiest city in the world, is also the best paid city watch…

The printing press leaves many ordermen with blackened clothing and destroyed fingers, it will not be ready until 872

Though they are masters of their craft, there is little to improve in the current steel producing techniques. The smiths and forgemasters scratch their heads in confusion before they get to work, maybe something will reveal itself? They will hopefully have a marginally improved (t3.5) alloy for 875

The thunderbow is a complete waste of time, mainly because the rune intended to make it function is not ready.

The propulsion rune, though an interesting idea, proves unfeasible for the men of the order. The runemasters weave and etch, and meet only dead ends, perhaps this is punishment from the divine?

Chicahtoc Empire

The Chicahtoc shaman once more begin to weave the forces of the universe, bending it to their will. They predict such a spell (t2) will be prepared for 871. The pain-wave will affect all within its path, even those the caster do not intend to inflict.

Kingdom of Rhorric

The feast and tournament proves to the be a major success. Many delegates, lords, knights, and even the king ride from Khrav to attend. Their stay is long and hearty, despite the Rhorrics performing far better in the primary focus of the tournament, riding related activities. Rhydia does not explicitly reject, but they do not send any competitors, only a few representatives and their gratitude.

Kingdom of Krolestwo

Another peaceful and prosperous year passes in Krolestwo where they peasants thank the gods they do not live in Orev just to the north.

Kingdom of Kastovia

Early mixtures of the Volatile mix prove not only to be too volatile, but too dangerous! They quickly melt through and explode prematurely within any casing the Kastovians come up with. There is no doubt, however, that such a mixture will be prepared for 871

Kurausahr

Expedition up the Olkvein runs into no serious obstacles, spending a large majority of the year making their way up river. By late summer, they reach the periphery of the Graveyard of Stars and are greeted by the beauty of a meteor burning through the firmament.

Kingdom of Ardes

Another year of peace and prosperity, another year where the Kingdom of Ardes seems to sit perfectly still, the world moving around them

Pachaqui Kingdom

The Pachaqui are successful in their venture south. A small settlement being established at a bend in the river late in the year. The land is rich in soil, and easy to cultivate. Despite this, something seems amis, it is simply too empty..

The Amarantic Dominion

Antathek Ra, Master of the Fathomless Void opens his mind, and Oblivion speaks (Discord)

The wagies should be working double- no triple time! Restless Miners will largely replace regular miners by 870

The human body is as interesting as it is confusing, and much work will need to be done in order to bring the arrays of herbs, tonics, and medicines onto a new level. The scholars predict improved medicine will be readied by 872

To scry into a realm beyond our own is not an easily accomplished task, though it is certainly achievable (t3) “Dark Scrying” will be prepared for 873

“Invisibility” (t3) will be prepared for 872

Grand Principality of Rostukhov

The many smiths of the principality report that t3.5 equipment will be ready for large scale production by the year 876

Crossbows will be prepared for the year 701

Trebuchets capable of hurling mighty stones at stout fortresses will be ready by 702

From the east, many hear whispers of an expedition launched by the Eylic Chapter into the Shield, the Knights of Anvil scantily leave their fortress, and only for truly important matters, perhaps it constitutes an investigation?

Perasmani League

A foothold abroad is successfully established

Raids bring profits (+5000g)

Mitrovic Empire

Orolian sends many raids against the ascendancy to varying degrees of success. HOwever, these people are of the simple variety, and own little of value. The raids destroy much, but find little to plunder.

Samalstraza

“Ereshtera Shastamas” (T2) will be prepared for usage by the aspirants of darkness by the year 700

Both sides firmly reject the offer of Quill, none wishing to have any part in her “foul sorcery.” The Samalstrazi courtiers within Orev and Antramar both suffer minor setbacks for this perceived slight. The gorul truly are strange folk

Ishikawa Shogunate

YOOOOOOOOO

Throughout the year, a Perasmani Fortress-ship takes full advantage of the Ishikawan fleet being confined to harbor for repairs. It travels through the archipelago launching countless raids against the people of the various islands (-10,000 population) (-7,500g)

Whispers tug at the ears of the Shogun (discord)

Pachaqui Kingdom

6j8nQCw.png

Population:

10,927,270 Chimuquera (Human)

531 Perasmani (Human)

People of note:

King Thonaqan Micchuqui – 25 years

(Leadership 5, Martial 3, Charisma 5, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Archpriest Solameqan Nugguchuqui Payama – 44 years

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 2, Arcana 9, Agility 0)

Warmistress Theaqui Suppucchi – 30 years

(Leadership 4, Martial 6, Charisma 1, Arcana 0, Agility 2)

Retainer Tuqua Richiqui – 25 years

(Leadership 2, Martial 4, Charisma 3, Arcana 0, Agility 4)

---

Cities & Settlements:

Osocchi Appachaqui, the city of the skies (capital city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M.

Nidipaquichi Picchu (city)– Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M.

Totomachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M.

Oyopaqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M.

Civil Infrastructure:

64 farms (8 nodes) – 64 production –> 44 food for pop + 16 food for settlements (60)

4 Mines

4 Craftsman Districts (Heavy Man.)

4 Commercial Districts

4 Trade Depots

Trade with Antramar, Kastovia, Aldemaric League, Mer’ak, Tomuk Oburakai, Ardes, Ishikawa, Crimson Order, Mitrovic Empire and Krolestwo

---

Military Infrastructure:

1 Castle, 1 Fortress (Start)

Armed Forces:

2,500 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

2,500 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Garrison Forces (cities & fortifications):

1,700 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

900 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Naval Forces:

n/a

---

Income:

Base: 10,000 Quti

Settlements: 3,000 Quti

Taxes: 21,000 Quti

Commercial Districts (4): 16,000 Quti

Trade (10 partners): 10,000 Quti

Trade Depots (4): 20,000 Quti

Treasury: 2,000 Quti

Expenses:

Armed Forces (-20%): 2,000 Quti

---

Year 868

Albeit it was so incredibly dull, it was part of the King’s duties. “...and as such my liege, the granaries report a surplus of 2,000 bushels of corn, 500 additional mountain boars were bred and not butchered so they may fatten for the coming year. The Master of Coin reports furthermore that there has been an error in bookkeeping and we allocated more funds than we actually would have had available. Thanks to his timely intervention the worst was prevented and we managed to...” King Thonaqan could not help but think of his former tutor the Archpriest, then Acolyte of Succession to the previous Archpriest. He would talk on and on and on. His gaze drifts to one of the windows in his stony hall of power, where a fresh breeze flows in. It was warm, a mild winter has just passed and a fertile spring and warm, if not hot summer were due expected. Good times, Thonaqan thought just as he was interrupted. “-- liege, forgive me, what would your decision be?” Trying to hide that he just lost focus on his duties, the King looks at the Master of Harmony who was giving him this report. “The Master of Coin has received a direct request from the Warmistress to conduct large scale training exercises and recruit additional troops. He asked me to inquire with you, my liege. Is such a request granted?” Thonaqan rises an eyebrow in surprise. Unusual and willful, Warmistress Theaqui Suppucchi has always been, but normally she came to him directly if she needed funding for something out of the ordinary. “I will confer with her personally. Thank you, Master.” – “At your service, my King...-“ – “Is that all?” Thonaqan interjects, before the ramblings continue. “No, I sti-“ – “Dismissed. Send an envoy to the Warmistress.” the King concludes in a firm voice and as such the Master of Harmony can do nothing but withdraw. As he shuffles out, King Thonaqan gazes out of the window again, into the blue sky where gentle white clouds roll about. I wonder, he thinks, how my old friend down South fares.

Actions:

As per decree of the young King, new farmland must be prepared to acommodate the growing demand of food by the steadily growing population. So far the Chimuquera had no issue with their nutrition, but the King does not intend to have it become a matter. (-18,000 Quti for 4 farms)

Following the ongoing directive of the Warmistress (and after a stern talking by the King), Nidipaquichi Picchu at the Northern End of the Pachaqui basin receives a dedicated mine as well as a craftsmen district for forging arms and armor as well as construction materials as needed for the ongoing expansion to the South. With the supply distance shortened it should easen the process. (-13,500 Quti for 2 Craftsman Districts, -9,000 Quti for 2 Mines)

Fueled by the prospective richness of the Pachaqui basin, despite the surprisingly empty land, the Retainer Tuqua Richiqui continues the establishment of a keep in the region. (-9000 Quti & 2 AP for 1 Keep)

f0b8b7e6b81ac5a7aa68821bef6cea05.png

In order to acommodate the demand of goods in the various cities, craftsmen districts for the less heavy objects are established, with carpenters, potteries, millers, and so on. (-20,250 Quti for 3 Civilian Districts)

In the meantime, another 1,000 Warriors and 1,000 Plumed Archers are sent down South. To secure the settlements against any wild beasts or foreigners that may have hostile intent. Dedicated small groups of Plumed Archers go on expedition to scour the lands for tribes, people, realms and riches. (MOD)

At Osocchi Appachaqui Archpriest Solameqan Nugguchuqui Payama ordains the first Acolyte as Adept of the Pachaqui Kingdom. He has learned and mastered the use of the spells, and is sent South to join Retainer Tuqua in his ongoing expansion into the new region. (-10,000 Quti for 1 Adept)

The remaining Quti, rectangular chips of gold are being stored in the treasury of Osocchi Appachaqui, in order to save it for the coming year, where coin might become much more needed. (-250 Quti)

As the impaling spikes spell is concluded the next project for the priests of the Chimuquera is to elaborate on a spell that may mend cracks and damages in stone, as well as reinforce it against impacts and further damage through tremors, impacts and other less mundane means. Reinforce Stone and Earth shall it be named. (Passive, started 868)

Past:

In the meantime, the Archpriest Solameqan orders the exploration of the gifts of Mama-Pacha, the powers she has bestowed upon the Chimuquera. The subject shall be the rapid formation of rock spikes out of the ground in a straight line from the caster, to impale approaching enemies. Whilst it seems cruel, it is essential that the Chimuqueran people have the means to protect themselves properly. (Passive study, year 4, due 868; now concluded)

Samalstraza

Megûra Southern Empire

A corpse lay right before her. The man had taken a mace to the head in such a fashion that half his face had caved in, turning into a bloody mess of bone splinters buried deep into a mince meat of gangrenous flesh. He bore the tabard of one of the electors, gods if she could remember which one.

Megûra took a deep breath, her lungs filling with the cloying scent of the dead and the desperate. Out in the distance she could make out a few vague shapes moving across the field, their bodies bent, their clothes ragged. 

Then a black shadow flit above her and she snapped her attention to it, her eyes like two shards of diamond. A crow swooped around her then landed upon the man’s ruined head. It cocked its head to the side and blinked, its eyes turning white for a moment.

“What do you want?” growled Megûra.

It cawed at her, jerking its head forward aggressively.

“I don’t want your damn lunch,” she said but as she turned away from it, her gaze flit back across the horizon and she froze. The stooped scavengers were gone, replaced by five riders moving straight for her with the lupine grace that she had known for her entire life.

“Damn,” she muttered as the crow turned to look at the incoming horses, cawing at them angrily and lifting its wings up like black laurels around the corpses head.

They thundered up to her and ground to a halt two dozen meters away. They were clad in mail and leather, their swords strapped to their backs with the Sigil of the Dragonfly hanging around their neck. Four men and one woman.

“Brothers,” said Megûra, lifting her hands. “Sister,” she said to the fifth, inclining her head briefly. “You are not here for me,” she said, jerking her jaw towards their necklaces.

“We weren’t,” said the lead man with a deep frown. “Now we are.”

“Be careful, brother,” said Megûra as she glanced at all five of them. Relatively new. Hardened but fresh, their bodies still lacked the many scars she had accumulated. “The Dragonfly is not taught to kill like the Vulture is.”

“A fact we all know very well,” said the lead man, his hand falling upon the hilt of his first sword, strapped to his back.

“You know what you were told, not what is true,” replied Megûra as she took a step back.

“We know you disobeyed, and killed those who would have done their duty,” snapped the woman from the back of the group, stepping forth and glaring at her with fiery eyes. A nasty, fresh scar ran along her face. Not so new as the rest.

“Every one of us will have to decide one day, sister,” said Megûra. “Between what is right, and what is demanded of us.”

“On your knees,” said the lead man, urging his horse forward a step. 

The crow screeched at it as it approached the body, and flapped its wings, its black eyes huge. It cawed and cawed as Megûra took another step back. “I am here for the monster. Let me be, and focus in turn upon your prey,” she said, her voice sharp with the echoes of a life of command.

da407b0f8c37c9267e2f37f4deb5f989.jpg

Expenses

1 Sorceror of Light, 50.000G

Alâ Sû Rusha, Sorceress of Light of the 3rd Ascent

100 Thrice Chosen, 2AP, 12.000G

Spells

New

T3 - Light/Health : Nim Perâdin - The caster is surrounded by a passive, low-energy aura that heals those around at a slow rate without the need for active attention to a single target. The more powerful the caster and the more power they pour into the spell, the quicker the healing.

Ongoing

Ring of a Hundred Tongues - 870

Magma Whip - 869

Al Mored - 870

Eresthera Shastamas - 870

On Hold

Sû Shastur iss Ninûr

Actions

-Five Thrice Chosen are dispatched to handle the sighting of Vrolik the Herald, or whatever true beast may be wandering the battlefields. But as they go, so does Megûra, leaving behind her nine Exiles and heading off to discover the beast on her own. [MOD]

-Both Abed-Lamu and Runi Abda spend much of this year repairing their courtly reputations and trying to find favor in those who would support their various endeavors, be they art, research or music. But, most importantly, they focus on understanding both Orev and Antramar’s apparent cultural disdain for varying forms of magic. [MOD]

-The Ruins of Helok Mus have proven to be a point of deep interest for the Samalstrazi, who set up a camp on location, with a dozen researchers, some hired help from the nearby village and ten Thrice-Chosen to protect them as they unveil the mysteries held within. 

-With access to Aetan barred, the Samalstrazi turn to neighbors and their own libraries, question for knowledge as to why the warlords of Aetan have proven to be so bellicose in their behaviors. Perhaps the issues lies buried in the history of their culture? Or are they found in the madness of old age? [MOD]

-[REDACTED] 2000G, Total: 16.000G

Technologies

Telescope, 869

oJ3UISgEamgkvnxwWtt3iH0ElGZKbo3p0X0_kI7fssnQwupdwFAwwzk5AIGo4VP7bAN5MHJQk41fGrol9PeLfUAqe4OwqfEpxK34iRdAd_BYjv5mGJAb3EGYcopVO3Jc64RlVE8V

THE KINGDOM OF ARDES

His Royal Majesty, Konrad III of House Karovid

[Leadership: 8 | Charisma: 4 | Martial: 1]

Year 868 of the 14th Age

Stat Posting till I get to do something interesting

ACTIONS

Income: 95,000

The first stake in new found land is planted, accompanied with the establishment of a Keep to ensure control over the coastline and its plains adjacent. [Constructing a Keep, 10,000]

OL1fNhIb5-FoyIpSZrR_z1gPUJb8DLyE4HIeauQQrrctr9vvFaWzMzRGUlKAFFBsAxYvmcBfJ2dPn_d68CP4bullMjpukET2ZjVaZfDCIdMvzDG_to-cJqLsLQoVXKZ-pXGNEuXF

[Constructing 2 Farms, 10,000]

[Constructing 2 Heavy Manufactories, 15,000]

[Constructing 8 Civilian Manufactories, 60,000]

New research begins, specifically in the realm of city management. Though no money is afforded to such project in this year’s budgeting, it nevertheless prepares those involved for the upcoming initiative. The Capital of Ardes will be classified as one of the Great Cities of Ater, one way or another. 

MILITARY

10 Military, 5 Loyalty

Manpower; 15,000

Ardasikarmee

2 (1000) Regiments of the Red Banners, T3 Regular

5 (2500) Regiments of Medium Infantry, T3 Regular

2 (1000) Regiments of Medium Cavalry, T3 Regular

1 (500) Regiment of Archers, T3 Regular

Garrisoned

The Fortress of Neuhof: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

The Castle of Pravda: 200 Medium Infantry, 100 Archers.

Capital, Pravid: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Lazly: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Waldorf: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Krnov: 300 Medium Infantry, 150 Archers.

Total: 2700 Medium Infantry, 850 Archers

RESEARCH

6 Tech

Passive Research Slot 1: Crossbows

Passive Research Slot 2: Great City 

Researched:

Heavy Infantry

Heavy Cavalry

TRADE

1 Kingdom of Kastovia. 2 League of Pérasma. 3 Kingdom of Krolestwo. 4 Samalstraza. 5 Khrav. 6 Ishikawa Shogunate. 7 Elyic Chapter of East Ater. 8 The Imperial Electors of Orev. 9 The Empire Antramar. 10 Pachiqui Kingdom