Cataclysm [RP]

Krefarus

Chicahtoc Empire

WUtLt1woGEmdRjRT7RlTzChRi74zP1INRNySOfZ-DCWL6XOsIOqSZwVsXc4f5I46sb0PItJl_BMkw_yavVjplN9sBsq9oLquQlMQaZ3bEC3vzoP-2nxhSm4IBTt44RYrZB1aUMsc

================================

[N/A]

Actions - Expenditures [150,025, 18 AP, 18 Steel, 6 SP, | 4,500 Slaves]

(37,500 Gold) 5 Civilian Industries are built in Habana.

(50,000 Gold paying for casualties tee-hee)

(10,000 Gold into Magic)

(20,000 Gold to Mith.)

(30,000 Gold) Heavy Infantry research.

Technology Research : [30,000 Gold]

(30,000 Gold) The necessity to recruit and arm much heavier units then men in chain mail or gambeson could not be ignored any-longer, their force projection would require a heavy infantry unit equipped in new-age plate and shield. Example below.

a0Y-uNqnYQBzKE1AVksqrX6xa07KZt3HhmX-cPgUvyRfhggMdwCwAjEhzrVwIUYxGkRO5DwSYKuE0ubnQ7quefCV8g6GpEnxA88atYPaIijIQaQt-IG_-Ukf0-338xP0DJPbp-HH

Magical Research: [2 Passive Slots, Magic 10] [Subtypes: Pain and Ritual] 

[1 Passive Slot] Blood boil - This is to be both a direct and indirect attack at persons or their feet, it is intended to heat someone's blood to boiling temperatures to cause either internal bleeding and ruin their homeostasis or burn their exterior. [884 completion, T3]

[2 Passive Slot]  Avatars of Pain - A man turned into the permanent embodiment of pain itself, 1,000 humans need to be sacrificed to form this splendid display of power. Twisted into an eight foot tall man, they are made to be resistant to magic, strong, and capable of fighting. [885, 10,000 Gold, T4]

Edited by Devland99

K Ū R A U Š A H R

THE CHORANIC EMPIRE

bff8f6454c310f96538262342e047855.png

-=☀=-

S U M M A R Y

[+2AP, 21,000 Gold from Ishikawa Shogunate]

2 Farms in Ardašir-Khwarrah [10,000 Gold]

Olk-Wood Mill in Pharozeh [12,500 Gold]

1 Heavy Industry and Mine in Sebkehan [12,500 Gold]

1,250 Veteran Heavy Infantry (T4) [10AP, 70,000 Gold]

1,500 Veteran Merdan Jengul [28,500 Gold]

1,000 Veteran Medium Cavalry [2AP, 21,000 Gold]

Upgrading 800 Merdan Jengul to Veterans [4,000 Gold]

Crossbow Research [4,000 Gold]

1 Keep [2AP, 10,000 Gold]

579a12a750759221891a5fac9b6913c7.png

[Keep is new red spot on south-western peninsula]

225 Gold Remaining

-=☀=-

Spell Research:

[Magic 10]

Purity: Ahura’s Gaze [T3, ???]

Light / Purity: Oromires Terminalus [T5, NEW]

Technology Research:

[Tech 0]

Crossbowmen [4,000 Gold Total, NEW]

Arakelgûrdin

Far in the distance the Towers of Ninur loomed within the bounds of the Mere District. Though half of them were in ruins, they still retained their centuries-old grandeur as their long shadows dimmed portions of the city. Out in the ‘Commons’ – the outermost districts -- the world was very different. None of the magical splendor was to be seen among the peasants, and the area could be mistaken for any other city along the shores of the Chtor. Arakelgûrdin was special for sure, but someone still needed to sweep the streets and unclog the latrines. Common, non-magical folk had flocked to the outskirts of the city for centuries. Protection under the sorcerers had many benefits, even if the downsides could be severe at times.

The ports were busy with all sorts of merchants loading and unloading cargo. The busy warehouses were a major congestion problem that the Five Families seemed mostly unconcerned about fixing. The ports were undersized for the traffic they brought and the endless lines made any roads leading from the sea a true hive of misery and frustration. Though at least when travelling the thin roads to the markets one could browse the small, artisan shops that dotted the main thoroughfares. Were you to look closely down a dark alleyway or two, you might even see something a bit less pleasant.

In this instance, in the alley behind Migward & Samush’s Odds ‘n Ends, a mutated, ironclad giant was currently ‘passively harming’ an alchemy student.

Gruguuz shook the young man once more, though it didn’t elicit anything other than a groan. Though one couldn’t see his face, the eight-foot monster grunted with what could be interpreted as impatience. Armoured head to toe in thick, steel armour, he grasped the young apprentice by his leg and held him a foot above the ground. Allowing the blood to rush to the man’s head was one of many ‘encouragements’ the monster was familiar with. The occasional jostle was mostly to speed the order his master had given him.

Leaning on his staff with a sly grin, a brightly-dressed man with a well-trimmed black beard twirled his mustache and gazed amused at the victim of his attentions. His visage screamed ‘Strazi (of a bloodline originating from Samalstraza) and his clothes were clearly worn to match.

“I’m not sure, Gruguuz.” Zaruthsatesh purred sarcastically. “Maybe our friend Filibus didn’t hear our question the first time? Bashemdi do tend to be drowsy sorts.” He shifted more weight on his staff, and spoke louder to the hanging Filibus. “Where are the scrolls from your Tower you promised me?”

Filibus groaned, trying to grasp on to something to cease his pendulum swinging. His face was red and weary, and he croaked his reply with watery eyes. “I... I haven’t got them yet, sir!”

Zaruthsatesh sighed and shook his head. “Yes, you said that before, but I told you that I wouldn’t accept ‘I don’t have them’ as an answer before, didn’t I? Are you trying to displease me?”

“No! No sir! I simply n-need more time! They were moved...”

Zaruthsatesh clicked his tongue and looked to his massive bodyguard. “I’m not sure, Gruguuz. What do you think about that answer?”

Gruguuz slowly looked at his master, his helm showing no hint of emotion. “I think he is brave to speak these words despite having thin, brittle bones.” He tightened his grip on Filibus’ leg which elicited a pained shriek.

With a chuckle Zaruthsatesh waved lazily towards the ground and Gruguuz released his grip. Filibus collapsed in a heap with a yelp and grasped his leg whimpering.

“Gruguuz!” Zaruthsatesh scolded in a mocking tone. “Don’t be so rough! Don’t you know who this is?”

He leaned down and grasped Filibus hard by the chin, and hissed through gritted teeth. “He is a very well-paid agent of Deacon Eelswick, who is being - if I may remind him a second time – extremely well-compensated for his singular task of obtaining a particular scroll of alchemical secrets. And yet, much like the whores he was shamefully perusing-“

The sorcerer quickly turned to four scantily-dressed women fearfully huddling against the far wall.

“Dreadfully sorry about all this.” He winked, and turned his attention back to Filibus.

“-you appear to be wasting everybody’s time! Including your wife’s apparently...”

“Please! Mister Zarut-“

Gormashur Zaruthsatesh is what you will call me, you blithering worm! Do not annoy me now, Filibus, or I swear I will take your ignorant tongue!”

“Master Gormashur Zaruthsatesh sir! Please! I was ready to get it! They just moved it before I had a chance! I just need more time!” Filibus’ eyes darted between the furious Zaruthsatesh and the looming, silent Gruguuz.

Zaruthsatesh sighed dramatically and rolled his eyes. “I suppose I could give you the briefest of extensions on your task. Still, though...”

The sorcerer looked to his bodyguard and gestured towards Filibus. “... I think a reminder on the risks of irritating me ought to be performed.”

Gruguuz grabbed the apprentice around the throat, and pulled him up to his feet. He grasped the young man’s fist with his other dinner-plate sized hand and squeezed. Filibus silently screamed while each finger on his hand cracked and snapped from the pressure. After a few painful seconds Gruguuz tossed him back on the ground and Filibus attempted to scream in pain and gasp for air at the same time.

“Oh don’t drool like an infant.” Zaruthsatesh chided. “I could have had him crush your right hand.”

“Buh-but I write with my left!” Filibus wheezed.

“Then consider this an opportunity to learn how to use the correct one.” Zaruthsatesh grinned with an airy wave. Taa taa. I’ll see you next week, and I expect something worth my time.” With that, the sorcerer sauntered out of the alleyway with his bodyguard stomping closely behind him.

Stepping into the clogged street, Gruguuz glared at some of the merchants and the crowds parted quite quickly. With a jaunty step the sorcerer tapped Gruguuz on the shoulder with his staff before trotting down the quickly forming path.
“Come come, my big friend. I hunger for some chizpa down by the docks. These blunted serfs can make a decent snack, I’ll give them that.”

Gruguuz followed after, occasionally shoving the more inattentive bystanders into the dirt. “Master, am I going to kill your spy?” He rumbled.

“Mmm. Probably not.” Said Zaruthsatesh thoughtfully. “His bloodline has a penchant for high magical skill. It would be wasteful to kill him before he’s had a chance to breed. I’ll have to pay his wife a visit again to ensure he’s being productive on that front.”

Gruguuz paused in thought for a moment. “Visit her again?”

“Well.” The sorcerer twirled his staff with a smirk. “I have to be absolutely sure he is doing his duties for his Patrons. Even if I must visit her five, maybe even ten more times.”

Gruguuz pondered the implication for another silent moment, before asking. “I thought you wanted him to breed?”

“I’ll let him squeeze a child in between a couple of mine. By Marashur’s bloody towers I am starving!”

National Ideas:
-Can use any of the Five Schools, but each mage may only use one branch,
-Cannot recruit any military units aside from Mîr Sûragon,
-No passive magic research, instead have a larger bonus to magic research investments,
-Can steal one weak to mid-level spell from any mage residing within its walls for one turn.
-Can rebuild its missing schools of magic by acquiring one mage and three adepts from a missing school (mage and adepts are “consumed” during this process)
-Can construct the “Arakelgûrdin Exchange” office in any consenting city at the cost of 25,000 population and 12,000 gold. Provides 4000 gold to Arakelgûrdin and 2000 gold to the host nation.

Resources:
Population: 1,350,000
Default: 10,000 gold,
Civilian Manufacturing: 0
Commercial Districts: 0
Trade:
Trade Depots: 0
Upkeep: 0
One time cash infusion:
300,000 gold.
Cash sent by the Chicahtoc Empire: 20,000 gold.
Spending Gold: 330,000 gold

(-10,000 gold towards one Commercial District in Arakelgûrdin)
(
-10,000 gold towards one trade depot)
(
-60,000 gold and 125,000 pop towards 5 Arakelgûrdin Exchange offices in the Amarantic Dominion)
(
-60,000 gold and 125,000 pop towards 5
Arakelgûrdin Exchange offices in the Chicahtoc Empire)
(
-32,000 gold towards four adepts)
(
-35,000 gold towards one mage)
(
-60,000 gold towards 500 regular T4 Mîr Sûragon)
(
-15,000 gold towards three mines)
(
-15,000 gold towards two Heavy Industry)
(
-10,000 gold towards one port)
(
-20,000 gold towards MAGICAL RESEARCH)

MAGICAL RESEARCH (10 Points in Magic)

-Itsa secrit

TECH RESEARCH (10 Points in Technology)

-T5 Armours: The Forgemasters in conjunction with the School of Alchemy and the School of Elements begin the next great metallurgy project. The city would have the premier armour and weapons in all the lands! Ripe for sale, of course...

-War Caravel: The shipmasters, currently working in pathetic conditions, are demanded to design a newer, grander vessel for... something. They say “Okay.” They will never be rid of absurd demands from the Five Families, but business is business...

-Telescopes: Wizards need to look at stars.

jc3fMjN.png

Edited by Catostrophy

Samalstraza

Locations of Interest within Samalstraza

Nergal’s Gloam - The metaphorical guts of Samalstraza, these tunnels delve deep, deep down into the earth below it. They are an unmapped, chaotic mess, with tunnels leading out of Samalstraza in some points, and others delving upwards, into the buildings themselves. Choked in darkness and fear, it is here that the outcasts are thrown, and here that the Hall of Darkness now lives, forgotten and rejected. The mad scribbles of exiled mages cover the walls, unnamed horrors crawl through the tunnels, and ancient spells written in blood can still be found by those brave enough to delve into the shadow.

The Qînev Room - Below the heart of Samalstraza is a giant underground room, in the tamer section of the tunnels that writhe around below the fortress. The room is in many ways a mystery even to modern Samalstrazi, for its warding is complex and ancient. It seems like a sort of containment cell for some ancient being, but has now been repurposed as a practice room for the disciples of raw magic. Indeed, their arts are considered so dangerous that trainees are only allowed to practice their art within the Qînev Room, where they do not risk unleashing uncontrolled magical powers on others. 

The Elemental Caverns - A series of caves on the cliffside, they overlook the land and the sea and are the residence of the elementalists. Here, earth, wind, water and fire are combined and the adherents of this raw and primal magic hone their art in the search of balance in all things.

The Tower of Blood - A tower that stands apart from all others, it seems redder than even the redstone from which Samalstraza is built, as if each stone had been coated in blood. Within it, the deep rituals of the Ninûric religion are conducted by Balvâ the Bloodsoaked, the high priestess who never leaves her tower. A few times a year, it seems as if the tower itself glows, and throbs with a heartbeat that pulses out a dull red light. Typically, these are days of celebration within Samalstraza.

Expenses

126500G

-40.000G is sent to the Mitrovic Empire and the Pachaqui Kingdom to fund the construction of the Limes Pachaquoid. (-40.000G)

-10 Commercial Manufactories (75.000G)

-REDACTED (10.000G) (90.000G)

Actions

-Acid, now known as Lady Acid to her followers who themselves have begun calling themselves the Rat Kings, continues to expand her operations. The old ruins deep in the hills and forests near Khrav remain her main base of operations, now called The Spring Fort, where Turquoise Dream is harvested, however, as she begins to expand into Orev and Kastovia, she sends out her two Thrice Chosen, Rayk ‘the Dog’, known for his ability to hunt down anyone & Orelsson ‘the Crippler’, known for the way in which he enjoys smashing the knees of those who oppose Lady Acid, until the bones are dust. They are sent to establish a powerbase in the underworld of both capitals. Ruthless, she uses her ill-found gains and the power of her Thrice Chosen to get herself a slice of pie. With money, and extreme brutality she tries to take over some of the established gangs turf. Her ambitions are simple, establish a way of distributing the Turquoise Dream within the cities, and take over other drug and smuggling operations, to grow her criminal empire.

-Runiveroid, now promised to Tarbus, uses this newly gained influence to continue battling the Wine Mogûls for control, chipping away at assets and graciously giving positions of power to those who bow, while incorporating their valued wine brands as subsidiaries. Hatrâ Wines is only the beginning, and there is still much to do. She hopes to gain almost full monopoly in the coming year or two, thanks to the influence of her new marriage.

-With the turn of the year, Alâ launches two massive edicts for the Order of the Kindly Ones. The first is to officially divide the world into Alacès, regions governed by a single Mother or Father of the Order, to facilitate the governance of the order. As such, the known world is divided into a dozen such Alacès, each self-governed by a Mother or Father appointed by Alâ in the Monastery of Light, within Orev. The second, is to publish the Scriptures, also known as The Laws of Alâ, or the Good Writings. This tome encompasses the beliefs in the Good, along with a list of Five Good Laws. They are spread around the world to each Hall of Healing, printed where they can be, and disseminated throughout the world to spread the faith. 

-Now a powerful Level 25 Gang Leader, Rib heads for the Chicatohc Empire, in search of that which was taken from him. For he desires the precious above all things, he must have it, and those filthy manletses, they stole it from us… Hopefully, he will manage to level up to a level 30 Assassin along the way.

Spells

Magma Rock - T3 - Elemental / Fire: A large glob of molten magma that can be thrown at long ranges, and upon impact, explodes into a shower of lava.

Ongoing:

Rings of Power - T4 - 885

Vapor Bomb - T3 - 884

Golemic Sciences - T4 - 883

Reliquary of the Mind - T2 - 882

Tech

Continuation of the sewer systems within Samalstraza.

The Pérasmani League

0u3QpF0B1tLTamCutG_5yGqg0FfFJeAiqD9b47EINyC7k26QsLiE4vVh_Mb8Qv3l9fTf_xgHRjaoux_2puHxogK4s934gyjNk8fj-nAq47RK46aTyhDL82T9uNpnrg8mWeLi1V_4

:pls:

Activity (216.3k G, 3 AP, 30AP):

Expenditures (138.8k G) -

Walls in the capital are improved. (25k C; T4 Resilient Stone Walls)

Nobles are trained for the army. (2 AP, 28k, 2 Ironleaf; 2 Units of Nobles, T4/Vet 1/Ironleaf)

Five more Exousia are laid in the capital. (25 SP, 60k Gold; 5 Exousia’s)

Two galleons are laid in the capital, though only one is completed for 882. (5 SP, 8k Gold; 1 Galleon)

Supplies are sent elsewhere. (17.8k C, 1 AP)

Mod (35k C) -

Pytheas, and his usual entourage, undertake a great adventure across the Cradle. With its rivers mapped by the fleet, the grounds must now be explored. An expedition spanning the width of the subcontinent is made, it’s course ensuring the possibility to visit several key points of interest across the landmass while on the journey from coast to coast.

https://i.gyazo.com/de368e411a5c6a54f55336577ea35a09.png

The antique bird, seemingly lost in Cormac’s belongings for some time :wagie:, that was previously discovered within Fydor’s Bastion is finally examined. The main goal is to find some degree of power that may activate the bird, and seeing as no mechanical means were found, a magical route is taken. To imbue the bird with power, and to attempt to learn more of its workings, studies into “golemology” are made. The studies lean towards the management and possibilities of providing an object with magical essence rather than the actual creation of golems in hopes that it will lead them somewhere closer to activating the bird. Additionally, as the Samalstrazi had given them some insight to their new material, Letricium, it is also used in an attempt to power the creation. (10k C, 1 unit of Letricium)

With little idea as to what information the texts may give, Cormac excavates what he can from the site for further study on the Cheesemen Isles. First, of course, comes standard dialect studies. Finding basic pieces of text like punctuation, conjunctions, subjective nouns or a generalized flow of dialect would be the primary focus of the task. Of course, with him is a team of dedicated :wagie: aspiring adepts, wishing to make an impact within the Magus Syntechnía, though for now they are little more than helping hands for Cormac. (10k C; Cormac - 0L, 1M, 1C, 9AR, 2A)

The recent finds within the Cradle spark speculation of the past rule of the Atemic though philosophy is quickly avoided and instead replaced by a desire to know what had caused such devastation. The dust itself is examined by the scholars of the Magus Syntechnía, as well as a supporting alchemist from Samalstraza in hopes of bolstering their efforts with the alchemist's knowledge of such materials. Merely understanding the potency of the power within the dust and what kind of magic group it may belong to are the preliminary investigations of the research to obtain more knowledge as to what they are working with before they attempt anything further. (5k C)

As the goyim, Salazar, has had troubles of finding a buyer of any kind for his resources at hand, a different approach is taken to the prospect of expanding the trade. Utilizing the printing presses taken from the Chtor, a MIGHTY order of BILLIONS of catalogues is made. On his usual voyage throughout the Chtor to spread the good word of the shekelkek, the goyim and several dozen of his lackeys begin to disperse these catalogues throughout their destinations; Aldemar, The Ascendancy, Avon, The Dohocan Families, Alean, and even daring to go into the ports of Aeton. Within these catalogues are a wide array of presented goods, the prices of which are sharply undercut in comparison the usual prices across the Chtor as to allure the merchants from the Chtor, and instead to the Perasmani Isles to conduct their business. (17 Charisma/Printing Press)

The trade influence within Aldemar increases. (10k C, 2/3 Turns Remain)

Research (42.5k Gold) -

[Tech - Volatile Materials Research]  With their success of a fire-oriented weapon in the Vomva, the scholars of the Magus Syntechnía attempt to improve upon their designs. Although the effectiveness of their weapon is in no doubt, the range of it is. Finding a material capable of inflicting similar devastation to the Vomva, yet capable of being launched from a ballista for long-range engagement is their new focus. Testing of previously known, as well as surplus, materials from the dozens of mines on the island begins. Mixtures of sulfur, phosphorus, and other particularly destructive matter are experimented and furthermore put into crude applications of either heavily enhancing flames or upright detonating upon contact with fire. (25k C)

[PASSIVE SLOT 1 - Crossbows]  Woosh. (1/2 Years Remain)

[Tech - Improved Ballistas]  Woosh. (17.5k C, 4/4 Turns Remain [27.5k Invested])

[Magic - T3 Calming Tides]  Woosh. (3/4 Turns Remain)

Edited by Quackers

The Ishikawa Shogunate

K5-OslrMXzsSCzZhF7m-497SaniPDL72bhnM8CoMfcCZmwPGqPdiE56DwfXhy6pvgkdi1tmXtjCHiGDP8KdN7v84zmPvQkR-MxAlp21cnx7D3aHjLLa2Hiz5wuhz6Ek5xnkvDUXS

Something is brewing on Awashima. Security has been tightened around the palace, and the Shogun summons his minions with greater urgency than before. For what, nobody can say.

-----------

Actions:

[Hoor actions] - Aiko doubles down! War is useless without purpose, and the senators have forgotten theirs! The Friend of the People repeats its treason, twisting every questionable speech or tyrannical act into an outrage, broadcast across the city to create resentment in the population. If the senators were truly acting in the people’s interests, would they have any need to arrest simple journalists? Certainly not! The Unionist party actively continues to organize under the Hoor’s humble suggestions, arguing publicly that both Rellin brothers are desperate and can be negotiated with.

[Shishima] - Once the siege ramp is complete, the occupying force launches a full assault on the castle. 4250 Vet T4 mediums attack up the ramp intent on crossing the collapsed portion of wall. They are supported by two Choranic adepts to counter dark magic and clear the ramparts of defenders, while the Choranic mage leads 200 Vet T6 Samurai up the narrow stairs to break through the gatehouse. All three casters wear mastercrafted Meterite armor.

[Blockade] - Though Katsumi has been redeployed north to deal with the Zeb threat, pressure must still be placed on Amarant. The 13 frigates of Musashi’s secondary fleet are sent south, where they reestablish their patrol routes around Amarant to choke out the Dominion’s sea trade once more.

[Maeya] - The frigate Kaga sails south from Shishima to make contact with the people known as the Maeya, and to see how they have been faring the wake of Zeb incursions. The ship is also to bring back a report on their culture and estimated strength. Maeya is, after all, a strategic position...

-----------

Expenditure:

xa6Yn0i3K82NkT0CtGQBN6DkEm-mZphjTINuP3kALzila3TZh3a_wFCiFhQWd3Cx7hKQoyvLRoA15yBtcFVfhJqj7zkyM0mZYR41JiV7y3hLQkWMdSwvxfeIbA2WILGTeoXb3wcf

[11 Frigates; 44 SP/66,000 Gold] - The mightiest ships afloat!

[1 Cog; 1 SP/3,000 Gold] - A transport.

[94 Veteran T6 Awashima Samurai; 4 AP/32,000 Gold] - The Maeyan blacksmith continues to produce the finest armor for the finest of soldiers.

hqb9_9E6DC5JfktwnlZUE2MehHG9ZDVbpGwV0heX0-IcLo8OTj5vKq3_3yezqwTjwpkOwCvSrQBhJVXtMqNflj8MO9jg-3WMdLKivzQZSAHEVYtUvU-4ttSMdoCj7eEBQ8nBHeDq

[Mercenary hiring from Hell; 2 AP/ 21,000 Gold] - 1000 Vet T4 medium cavalry.

[500 Veteran T4 Wokou; 1 AP/ 10,000 Gold] - More pirates!

[Fire resistant wood; 20,000 Gold] - Due 884.

[Letricium Study;  20,000 Gold (10k from Quack)] - A complete study of Letricium’s physical properties is ordered after the alchemists’ analysis. Solid knowledge will be needed if more research is to come.

[NEW NEW NEW -  Greater Mist T4 Spell; 20,000 Gold] - The most accomplished monks of Seishima, those who tend to the Carnelian Temple, are rarely seen off of their sacred island. They are free to contemplate their place in the world and train others, for the Shogun does not often call on them. Yet he calls on them now: something has awoken Lord Ishikawa’s urgency, and his request is quite specific.

The elemental mages of Seishima set themselves to work on a new spell, one which covers the land for miles around the caster with a constant fog.  It is intended to be sustainable, normally a thick yet not unnatural-seeming mist capable of obscuring a small armies size and movements. Should the caster wish to exert more energy, however, he can thicken the mist for a time such that none within it can see more than even a few feet. Naturally, such a broad manipulation of the weather affects everyone equally, and must be used with care.

[NEW NEW NEW - Treated Lenses (Alchemy); 20,000 Gold] - Some purpose has taken the Shogun, for no sooner have the orders been delivered to Seishima than he calls his Samalstrazi alchemists to the palace. They too are to meet with the mages, and devise the manner in which the new spell will be nullified. Through alchemical treatment of simple glass disks, soldiers will be able to see through effects such as fog and magical darkness, picking out solid objects and people in the murk. Such technology is not intended for the entire army, but should be simple enough that a solid fighting force can be assembled without too much trouble.

[2,338 Gold Remaining]

Kingdom of Adozar 

BckXMbqqqYSGHMpZpZ2hhRfP2dYDGdiOUZjaSXLtOgQQE8_juN6GiRqPD-jEYsB8t6eX84dypKFf_cQm6s_skj1mBfJU6Mr9ZZdZ42OlQ91TNLMe_biAk2ZmU2NRmTd3PsfDnrAt

Year: 881
Population: 14,282,329 Adozarians

Marriage! Santiago has selected his bride. Being both beautiful and coming from a powerful family, Maria de Coronado will soon bear the king’s seed. The ceremony was a large one as expected. Family close, and distant showed up. All of the notable merchants are invited including smaller noble families. Drinks are shared, gifts are given, songs are sung, and vows are said. Nothing out of the ordinary for an Adozarian noble marriage. Their reign is blessed and all hope that the dynasty survives for many generations to come.

With the current building path for the capital soon there will be no more room for civilian manufacturing in the Kingdom. There will be not enough population to sustain it. To further the prosperity of the realm large scale investment will occur to the capital, building roads, sewers, signs, anything a city would need! After all that can be done is done to the capital Castella. the focus will be switched to the next largest city so on and so forth until all are up to sufficient standard.

=============================================================================

People of note

King Santiago de Nuñez (30 y/o)

(5 Leadership, 6 Martial, 2 Charisma)

Captain Fernando de Comete (38 y/o)

(6 Leadership, 7 Martial)

Alvaro de Fuentes (23 y/o)

(1 Martial, 6 Charisma, 7 Arcane)

Actions 

Once again another swathe of civilian manufacturing is built in the capital (112,500)

Total spent: 112,500

Remaining: 9,200

Technology

Slot one: Trebuchets! 882.

Slot Two: Tier 4 equipment 884.

Edited by NunuTheGreat

Pachaqui Kingdom

6j8nQCw.png

Population:

16,739,189 Chimuquera (Human)

786 Perasmani (Human)

People of note:

King Thonaqan Micchuqui – 38 years

(Leadership 8, Martial 3, Charisma 5, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Queen Monaqueta Micchuqui – 34 years

(Leadership 3, Martial 1, Charisma 6, Arcana 3, Agility 0)

Prince Qhapaq Micchuqui – 5 year

(Leadership 0, Martial 1, Charisma 1, Arcana 1, Agility 1)

Princess Chimiqua Micchuqui – 4 year

(Leadership 0, Martial 0, Charisma 0, Arcana 3, Agility 0)

Prince Domaquetan Micchuqui – 3 year

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 0, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Princess Limiqua Micchuqui – 1 year

(Leadership 0, Martial 0, Charisma 0, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Archpriest Solameqan Nugguchuqui Payama – 57 years

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 2, Arcana 14, Agility 0)

Warmistress Theaqui Suppucchi – 43 years

(Leadership 4, Martial 9, Charisma 1, Arcana 0, Agility 2)

Retainer Tuqua Richiqui – 38 years

(Leadership 2, Martial 4, Charisma 3, Arcana 0, Agility 4)

---

Cities & Settlements:

Osocchi Appachaqui, the city of the skies (capital city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 3 Mine, 3 Heavy M., 14 Civil M.

Nidipaquichi Picchu (city)– Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Totomachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Oyopaqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Mataqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M., 12 Civil M.

Eapuqui (Town)

Chequimatan (Town)

Nonimocchan (Town)

Chanimaquan (city) – Trade node, Low Stone Walls

Senpacchia (Town (not tied to limit))

Royoquichi (Town (not tied to limit))

Civil Infrastructure:

110 farms (18 nodes) – 110 production –> 67 food for pop + 29 food for settlements (96 consumed)

15 Mines

15 Craftsman Districts (Heavy Man.)

5 Commercial Districts

5 Trade Depots

65 Civilian Districts (Civil Man.)

Trade with Antramar, Kastovia, Perasmani League, Amarantic Dominion, Anaxes, Ardes, Grand Empire of Ak, Adozar, Mitrovic Empire and Krolestwo

---

Military Infrastructure:

1 Castle, 1 Fortress (Start)

17 Keeps: 17,000 Quti

3 Castles: 6,000 Quti

Armed Forces:

8,500 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

2,500 Mountain Lion Warriors (T3 Regular)

11,000 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

1,500 Light Cavalry (T3 Regular)

500 Medium Cavalry (T3 Regular)

4 ballistae

20 scorpions

10 Adepts

Garrison Forces (cities & fortifications):

4,600 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

1,500 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Naval Forces:

n/a

---

Income:

Base: 10,000 Quti

Settlements: 24,000 Quti

Taxes: 33,000 Quti

Commercial Districts (5): 20,000 Quti

Civilian Distrcits (65/66): 65,000 Quti

Trade (10 partners): 10,000 Quti

Trade Depots (5): 25,000 Quti

Trade Points (1): 2,000 Quti

Fortification investments: 40,000 Quti from Samalzstraza

Treasury: 2,200 Quti

Available: 231,200 Quti

Expenses:

Armed Forces (-20%): 11,400 Quti

Military Infrastructure: 23,000 Quti

Total: 34,400 Quti

---

Year 881

Patience and care from King Thonaqan as he oversees the venture further into the west. Whilst the Khan has not been beaten on the battlefield or anything, they have to take steps to ensure that the groundwork for their ambitious plan was present. A massive investment on behalf of the Chimuquera, erecting further fortifications, deeper into the West. He is uneasy, as he could not be home to be with his newborn daughter Limiqua, nor watch his other children grow in talent and strength. And beauty, for Chimiqua, he chuckles quietly.

All the while back at Osocchi Appachaqui, Archpriest Solameqan continues his tutorship of the young Chimiqua directly, whereas her brothers Qhapaq and Domaquetan have come under tutorship of various wise men and mighty warriors of the Chimuquera. Queen Monaqueta made these arrangements. Perhaps she is a bit traditional in these manners, with her boys being trained as leaders and warriors. But Chimiqua is special and the King gave tutorship to his old mentor and friend the Archpriest.

As loyalty runs deep and stays, no matter how far apart, Retainer Tuqua is elsewhere, working steadily in the name of the King. Naturally though, being apart from his best friend for so long isn’t doing him much good, as Tuqua is concerned for his well being. The Pachaqui basin south of the Chitimuqan Mountains has yet to be fully conquered, its potential yet to be reached, truly. And thus he continues on.

Actions:

As per decree of the young King, new farmland must be prepared to acommodate the growing demand of food by the steadily growing population. So far the Chimuquera had no issue with their nutrition, but the King does not intend to have it become a matter. (-18,000 Quti for 4 farms)

In a massive effort, under the King’s personal watch, the second army in support, the Kingdom erects another three full castles at a critical region for the Chimuqueran people. The strategic value can not be overstated in the opinion of many. Not only as protection for the Chimuquera, but perhaps even realms beyond, Antramar, Kastovia and Ardes. (-14 AP, -52,000 Quti for 2 CASTLES and 2 KEEPS)

Under the leadership of Tuqua, the city of Chanimaquan at the Dnedic coast receives a new trade district, as well as depots to accomodate the new merchants travelling in from abroad, both from the South and the North. The Pachaqui Kingdom should become a safe transit zone for a journey between the royal midlands and the unknown southern territories beyond Ak. The seas, after all, were quite treacherous.  (-18,000 Quti for 1 trade depot and 1 trade district)

Also a singular civilian district is constructed in Chanimaquan to increase the economic output of the nation. (-6,750 Quti for 1 CDs)

In order to supplement the arcane prowess of the realm, ever since the news from the Mitrovic Empire came in that the Khan’s spellcaster were quite formidable, Archpriest Solameqan trains new talented people with the gifts of Mama-Pacha, to defend the realm, the people and perhaps even the world from war and brutality. (-100,000 Quti for 2 Adepts and 2 Mages)

The remaining Quti, rectangular chips of gold are being stored in the treasury of Osocchi Appachaqui, in order to save it for the coming year, where coin might become much more needed. (-2,050 Quti)

The summoning and hurling of boulders becomes the next objective for the acolytes and clergy of the Kingdom. Thus far, the ones with the gifts of Mama-Pacha had little methods of ranged abilities, something Archpriest Solameqan agreed with the Warmistress to pursue, as need might very well arise. Naturally, the skill and focus invested into the spell should determine the size and velocity of the earthen object. (Passive, started 880, due 883)

Past Studies:

The next spell is to be named Bindings of the Sand. A spell that should be capable of rooting a person with magic sands to a location, hindering his ability to move, speak or perform magic altogether. In a sense they imagine it to be required if they ever have to seal something away that can not be killed by normal means. (Started 876; due in 880 as T2; now concluded)

Rapid winds can cause duststorms. But instead of relying on winds with the power of will grains of sand might be moved with a lack of them. A magical sandstorm is the goal of the new magical pursuits of the Archpriest, something to conceal movement or hinder enemy advances. (Passive, started 872, due in 874 as T1; concluded)

Urged on by the King’s request (and of course the funding that comes along with it), the blacksmiths and artisans of the Pachaqui Kingdom continue in developing the right arms and armor for the coming Mountain Lion Warriors. (-45,000 Quti & 10 AP for Heavy Infantry; 15,000 Quti last year; now concluded)

As the impaling spikes spell is concluded the next project for the priests of the Chimuquera is to elaborate on a spell that may mend cracks and damages in stone, as well as reinforce it against impacts and further damage through tremors, impacts and other less mundane means. Reinforce Stone and Earth shall it be named. (Passive, started 868, due in 872 as T2; now concluded)

In the meantime, the Archpriest Solameqan orders the exploration of the gifts of Mama-Pacha, the powers she has bestowed upon the Chimuquera. The subject shall be the rapid formation of rock spikes out of the ground in a straight line from the caster, to impale approaching enemies. Whilst it seems cruel, it is essential that the Chimuqueran people have the means to protect themselves properly. (Passive study, year 4, due 868; now concluded)

He wakes again, the third time this night. His mind is strained, his body fatigued, still he crawls to the wall. The visions call to him, they tempt him. The visions are lies. The visions are lies. These things, they must be documented! Yes, They may prove to be useful against the darkness! The paper- where is the paper, the wall it will do. He scribes, he carves, he toils, he remembers, he must remember. The visions are lies. The visions are lies. The visions are lies...

World Events:
Time marches on, a year passes, it is now 882

In Antramar, the reputable and infamous Lord Tarbus finalizes his marriage with the Lady Runivera, the event is relatively major, and a large celebration is held in the capital.

Following his victory last year, Krolestwo itself suffers Ghor’s wrath. His legions sweep across the country, slaughtering everything in their path before simply raising them to serve Ghor instead. Sigismund’s coalition meets them in battle again, yet once more he is repulsed, and the horde now converges on the Krolestwoian capital.

On Shisima, the lengthy siege begins to culminate with a final assault on the beleaguered defenders. Well over five thousand soldiers charge up the ancient and treacherous cliffs (or rather the newly constructed ramp :neet:) and meet the stalwart defenders. While the battle weighs heavily in favor of the attackers, the defenders manage to repulse the first few assaults before the hastily created barricades are overcome, though at a heavy price. In the castle itself, they face not only terrible wraith warriors, but walls of thick blackness and horrible visions. The Amarantic mages also constantly raise the fallen in an attempt to resist as long as possible. Still, their strength is not unlimited, nor unopposed, and their numbers are dwindling. After many hours, the last of the defenders fall, taking many Chicahtoc mercenaries with them with walls of lightning. The Samurai actually suffer the heaviest casualties, despite being the best trained and equipped, the steep and exposed stairs make them vulnerable to marksmen and projectiles.

---

Principality of Anaxes

The Anaxes navy strikes at many Kemetese supply lines, attacking them while they are crossing, or disembarking and striking them as they pass through the area near the rivers.

The Eastern district sees an influx of refugees from across areas affected by the Kemetese hordes (+50,000 pop)

The city continues to grow, but it has not yet become a Great City

The Amarantic Dominion

Poison is already more than readily available, more specification required.

Trebs prepared for 84

Leech, t3 ready for 85

Chicahtoc Empire

Both infrastructure and techniques capable of supplying / employing heavier armor will be ready for 884 with the continued rate of investment.

Kurausahr

Gaumata’s visions persist, causing a great strain on his health and well being. Try as he might, the man simply cannot rid himself of what he found within the Olk-Wood. He finds himself carving strange revelations on the walls of his quarters, or tearing out pages in tomes. The voice does not relent.

Arakelgurdin

While it is widely believed that the strongest steel easily obtainable has already been forged, the forgemasters and scholars of Arakelgurdin set out to prove them wrong. Using both Elemental and Alchemic magic, they receive their first promising results. T5 prepared for 886

War Caravels are finished within the year

Telescopes will be prepared for the year 884

Whispers of strange figures doing strange business reach the ears of the Five Families. Such reports coincide with an overall rise in “strange” activity all around Chtor.

Samalstraza

So Acid’s henchmen go, and so her empire begins to grow. By the years end, they have both established minor footholds in the two cities, and have begun distribution.

Runiveroid’s engagement to Tarbus is solidified, and then finalized in the same year. With his weighty influence in the kingdom, she makes major strides in establishing Hatra Wineries as the dominant force in the market.

Ala’s decrees are dutitifullied obeyed, and the Order, which has now grown to cover basically all of Iter, is divided into respective Alaces. The Good Writings follow the newly appointed Mothers or Fathers, and its teachings enlighten many.

Rib goes, he arrives.

Magma Rock - T3, prepared for 85

The Perasmani League

Pytheas’ expedition will take a great deal of time to reach its final destination, but will visit numerous points of interest along the way.

Perasmani attempts to animate the construct meet a dead end, however, the Samalstrazans, who have by now a better understanding of golemancy, figure it out quite easily. A simple channeling of energy as well as focus sees the large raven-shaped bird spring to life.

Cormac and the teams are by now certain they have retrieved all of the tablets that are to be found at the site. Deciphering the tablets proves to be well beyond Cormac’s skill level, and his team meets only dead ends throughout the year.

The dust is perplexing, as it doesnt seem to belong to a single “magic group” aside from that, no other strange properties are noted.

Salazar is perhaps the first to employ the printing press in such a manner, and it leads to the growth of many Perasmani networks. (+5% bonus to trade income) (+3 Charisma)

Volatile materials makes little progress

The Ishikawa Shogunate

The Frigate Kaga never returns from its expedition to Maeya, for reasons unknown.

Musashi’s ships rejoin the blockade (need total numbers for full ramifications)

Aiko’s paper, The Friend of the People continues to receive backlash not only from senators and military men, but revolutionaries as well. For too long have they been oppressed by the Rellins and other royals, there will be no negotiation, they will not rest until Orev is freed!

Greater Mist (t4) will be ready for 87 at continued rate of investment

Treated Lenses will be capable of loosely penetrating Greater Mist, and other natural fogs/mists, but it remains unknown if it will be effective on magical darknesses. The process of making such lenses is not exactly simple, however, as it involves enchantments rather than treating the lenses. Ready for 86

Kingdom of Adozar

The kingdom celebrates the King’s wedding!

Pachaqui Kingdom

The war in the Jade Sea continues, with little sign of an end in sight.

Chimiqua continues to grow in strength in regards to magical ability. As she becomes older, she is more able to more precisely manipulate her powers.

Kingdom of Adozar

BckXMbqqqYSGHMpZpZ2hhRfP2dYDGdiOUZjaSXLtOgQQE8_juN6GiRqPD-jEYsB8t6eX84dypKFf_cQm6s_skj1mBfJU6Mr9ZZdZ42OlQ91TNLMe_biAk2ZmU2NRmTd3PsfDnrAt

Year: 882
Population: 14,710,799 Adozarians

Be praised, a son is born! A strong and healthy son bearing the hazel eyes of Santiago. His name was decided by both mother and father; it being Lorenço. A handsome name for a handsome boy. Lucky for the queen it was a boy on the first try. Any children after this one will be groomed to serve the Kingdom naturally. Of course a secondary plan of action is thought of in the event of something terrible happening to the first heir, but that is highly unlikely seeing as the boy is protected as much if not more than his father and mother.

Something seems to be up as the renovation plan has been scrapped in favor of military expansion. Thousands of men are being trained to join the ranks of the army. Artisans are thrusted into crafting and producing everything that will be needed for these large scale orders. Day and night they work, master and apprentice side by side proving their skill and craftsmanship. Truly a sight to behold. 

On terms of research our trebuchets were finished, and with them a bountiful reward; the Warwolf. Monstrous in size, this trebuchet variant is much more powerful compared to it’s traditional counterpart. Although it may take a lot to build the engineers are certain it’ll be worth it. Plus we could always sell to the highest bidder. There are constant wars ongoing, who wouldn’t want a massive siege engine with enough power to destroy entire sections of walls on it’s own. To fill the time of the ‘natural philosophers’ they are assigned the task of understanding the crossbow. The crossbow is a scary weapon to a Knight in armor, especially considering it takes no skill to wield. 

People of Note

King Santiago (31 y/o)

(5 Leadership, 6 Martial, 2 Charisma)

Queen Maria (31 y/o)

(4 Leadership, 1 Martial, 8 Charisma)

Captain Fernando de Comete (39 y/o)

(6 Leadership, 7 Martial)

Alvaro de Fuentes (24 y/o)

(1 Martial, 6 Charisma, 7 Arcane)

Actions 

4,000 Medium Infantry trained and well equipped. Armorers and weapon smiths all over are put to work. Helmets, swords, spear tips, hand axes, shields, plating, all being crafted. These artisans are told there will be many more to come. (64,000)

1,000 archers are also trained and equipped. The fletchers are busy at work crafting mass quantities of arrows. Fibers are being spun into bowstrings and wood carved into limbs. (10,000)

Five mines are built, steel will be needed for the wars to come. Peasants will be needed for this rough occupation, but it beats being coinless. (25,000) 

Sentries are put near the shores to warn against another raiding or invasion if it comes to it. The raiding that happened in years past was a horrible economic disaster. Never again will someone sneak up on our coasts without us knowing first. The swiftest riders and horses are put to this monumental task.

Five heavy manufacturing are built. More heavy manufacturing is needed to convert that steel into products of a wide variety. (37,500)

Total Spent: 136,500

Remaining: 8,300 

Technology

Slot one: Tier 4 equipment (884)

Slot two: Research on the crossbow has begun! Much more powerful than a bow, and those who use it don’t need to be trained all that well. Perfect for the average peasant if we could figure out how to create them.

Edited by NunuTheGreat

Chicahtoc Empire

WUtLt1woGEmdRjRT7RlTzChRi74zP1INRNySOfZ-DCWL6XOsIOqSZwVsXc4f5I46sb0PItJl_BMkw_yavVjplN9sBsq9oLquQlMQaZ3bEC3vzoP-2nxhSm4IBTt44RYrZB1aUMsc

================================

[N/A]

Actions - Expenditures [191,025, 18 AP, 18 Steel, 6 SP, | 4,500 Slaves]

(10,000 Gold into Magic)

(30,000 Gold) Heavy Infantry research.

(43,000 Gold) A city of Chicahtoc has formed in the island chains to the south of the nation overtaking any settlers there and even receiving its own chapter of Cualli soldiers. It is also quickly surrounded by tall stone walls effectively making it a naval base in the region.  - Red on map

(4 AP, 20,000 Gold) 2 Keeps are established to the west claiming precious fertile land for the Chicahtoc. - Blue on left side

(5 AP, 20,000 Gold) 1 Castle is built on the eastern island chains to operate as a fort against naval vessels. - Green on map

G0DmZBIQylgb_MP3ndhaZnBfihJE51OSnOn8OHC6RTaiJZpnEz1pMVe-WmWs_3aBJncK_fN8hRG4m6pZfFONyGx4eXqRkuqmHycyaA-FZCjeOxgS0515EMoY7dhgAgfnLsMqE6Fs

(2 AP, 20,000 Gold) 4 Ballistae are built and stationed on the castle. 

(3 AP, 15,000 Gold) 30 Scorpions are built to accommodate the new defenses.

(60,000 Gold) 8 Civilian Industrial factories are built.

Technology Research : [30,000 Gold]

(30,000 Gold, 30,000 Invested) The necessity to recruit and arm much heavier units then men in chainmail or gambenson could not be ignored any-longer, their force projection would require a heavy infantry unit equipped in new-age plate and shield. Example below. [884 EST] 

a0Y-uNqnYQBzKE1AVksqrX6xa07KZt3HhmX-cPgUvyRfhggMdwCwAjEhzrVwIUYxGkRO5DwSYKuE0ubnQ7quefCV8g6GpEnxA88atYPaIijIQaQt-IG_-Ukf0-338xP0DJPbp-HH

Magical Research: [2 Passive Slots, Magic 10] [Subtypes: Pain and Ritual] 

[1 Passive Slot] Blood boil - This is to be both a direct and indirect attack at persons or their feet, it is intended to heat someone's blood to boiling temperatures to cause either internal bleeding and ruin their homeostasis or burn their exterior. [884 completion, T3]

[2 Passive Slot]  Avatars of Pain - A man turned into the permanent embodiment of pain itself, 1,000 humans need to be sacrificed to form this splendid display of power. Twisted into an eight foot tall man, they are made to be resistant to magic, strong, and capable of fighting. [885, 10,000 Gold, T4]

Edited by Devland99

ISLE DE FAE

The tragedy of art's greatest supermodel - BBC Culture

The shadows of trees over Loche-town. The pervasive mists, the mildew on the reeds. Few visited the Isle; fewer could travel freely. Lyn iv Mar was among the Charmed, however, the chosen followers of the near-mythical Fae – but above that, she was an Erinne, those empowered by the Mysts. Her boots squelched on dark mud, and the sounds of other boots followed. She had travelled to the village of Merring, a small place of withered elm and beasts that hunted Mystmen just as efficiently as Mystmen hunted them. Behind her, the townsfolk – what remained of them – carried lanterns and pitchforks. Rabble.

But they’d be enough, for what she needed. They weren’t hunting Murktreaders, nor Lesser Drakes. The mob was hunting a Mystman, one of their own, a traitor to the Faerie Queen by way of self-indulgence. All sacrificed to Her; he was Merring’s gift to the Queen, a gift made yearly, and he was a gift that had run deep into the swamps. Cold chatter from behind her, silence in front – the glorious will of the Queen had given them cause, and with cause came reward. Pol iv Merring, after all, must be a practitioner of witchcraft, to so disobey Her eternal will, and witches were born to be executed at Her will. If Pol was caught and sufficiently tortured by Merring, the village could give an elderly as their gift to the Queen the next year. It would be a relief to the village – one less useless mouth to feed, but the favor of the Fae would be given all the same. Perhaps the blessed Todden would even be sent, and the monsters would keep far from the village for a few years. Perhaps, indeed, they would have enough food to raise three children each – four, frugally. The world would open itself up, figuratively, to their whims.

And so the hunt continued. From underneath her wide-brimmed hat, Lyn smiled. Edain would be content.

To Samalstraza’s Court of Nine Halls, the Erinne Wilm iv Ren and his familiar, a wolf, depart.

Budget: 19,900 G + 10,000 Starting Gold

Trade Depot | 10,000G

Commercial District | 10,000G

Civ. Man. | 7,500 G

Saved | 2,400G

Magic Research I | Passive

tumblr_inline_oboi2cBvDw1qdq19t_1280.jpg

Living Myst | High-Tier | Shadows and the night itself coagulate, forming a living being of great scale. The magic behind many myths of wights and shades, it devours all that live in its destructive path, using anything absorbed to fuel its evil existence. The Living Myst lasts from whenever it’s cast until the height of the next noon, if it’s on the surface. In the Isle, however, where the Myst is ever-present, Living Mysts have been known to survive a decade or more. Now, the Fae seek to return that dark magic to modernity.

Magic Research II | Passive

418ef9ab50d0c129af1843a85b453eea.jpg

Create Chimera | Mid Tier | A familiar bound, the Adept can perform ‘enhancements’ – that is, meld two life forms into one, creating a grotesque combination of beasts. This magic, a dark twisting of the Mantle, is used almost only by those on the cusp of becoming Mages – for one life form must be their companion Familiar, which means they must be willing to lose their companion to madness should it go awry. A legendary beast of this creation, the Chimera Magna, was a lion mixed with a scorpion – such a twisted combination made it grow quite mad, killing its creator and two Erinne before it was stamped out. Since then, Chimeras have only been created of animals in the same class – two mammals, for instance, or two lizards – or between animals and the non-sentient, like dogs and trees.

Tech Research I | Passive

T4 Equipment.

Finished Research

Heavy Infantry

THE AMARANTIC DOMINION

-

Hide contents

Stats, Cities & Buildings:

Pop – 14,816,848

17 farm nodes

SHEEEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1COfBrsJ-HawdzPQRTh1dlPQyJiZz8ctS0_P5xcXs4hY/edit?usp=sharing

Point Distribution:

Race: Human (+1 point)
Loyalty: 0
Magical Knowledge 10
Technological Expertise: 6
Size: 10
Economy: 0
Sea-Faring: 0
Military: 5

Tech:

Restless Miners (+1 Steel from Mines)

Medical Research T1 (Fewer battle/event casualties)

Heavy Infantry / Liche Knights

Crossbows

T4 Equipment

Heavy Cavalry

Spells:

Hand of Darkness

Soul Bind

Animate Dead

Utter Darkness

Invisibility

Dark Scrying

Minor Summoning

Curse of Weakness

Military:

See the Great Sheet

Key Figures:

Antathek Ra, Master of the Fathomless Void

Leadership: 5, Martial: 1, Charisma: 2, Arcane: 11, Agility: 0

Shalara Valkoren, Denier of the Divide

Leadership: 5, Martial: 1, Charisma: 4, Arcane: 5, Agility: 0

Sothal Za, Lord of the Shadows

Leadership: 6, Martial: 3, Charisma: 1, Arcane: 4, Agility: 5

Atharantis, Knight-Captain of the Unfathomable

Leadership: 2, Martial: 10, Charisma: 0, Arcane: 0, Agility: 1

Lady Emalyn Valkoren, Ambassador of the Dominion

Leadership: 2, Martial: 1, Charisma: 8, Arcane: 2, Agility: 0

Resources:

6 x Mines: 12 Steel (7 Used)

6 x Heavy Manufacturing: 6 AP

1 x Shipyard: 1 SP

Trade Partners:

Perasmani League

Samalstraza

Antramar

Khrav

Pachaqui Kingdom

Adozar

Anaxes

Teykh

Arakelgurdin

Passive Tech Research (2 Slots)

SLOT 1: Trebuchets – STARTED 880, DUE 884.

SLOT 2: Poison Barrel Projectiles – Barrels of liquid poison that, open breaking on the ground emit toxic vapours. Launched from ballistae, mangonels or trebuchets. Armour be damned, if it’s alive it needs to breathe! –  STARTING.

Passive Magic Research (2 Slots)

National Idea: Bonus to Spell Research (basically +3 Magic)

SLOT 1: Dark Resurrection T3 – STARTED 880, DUE 885.

SLOT 2: Leech T3 –  STARTED 881, DUE 885.

Budget:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1COfBrsJ-HawdzPQRTh1dlPQyJiZz8ctS0_P5xcXs4hY/edit?usp=sharing

Total: 107,825

Actions:

• 2 x Farm (10,000)
  • 2 x Civ Manufacturing (15,000)
  • 100 T4 Vet. Wraith Warriors (2 AP + 19,000)
  • Mage (35,000)
  • Resilient Stone Walls (Karnast) (25,000)

3825 saved, 58 Steel.

Pachaqui Kingdom

6j8nQCw.png

Population:

17,241,365 Chimuquera (Human)

810 Perasmani (Human)

People of note:

King Thonaqan Micchuqui – 39 years

(Leadership 8, Martial 3, Charisma 5, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Queen Monaqueta Micchuqui – 35 years

(Leadership 3, Martial 1, Charisma 6, Arcana 3, Agility 0)

Prince Qhapaq Micchuqui – 6 year

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 1, Arcana 1, Agility 1)

Princess Chimiqua Micchuqui – 5 year

(Leadership 0, Martial 0, Charisma 0, Arcana 4, Agility 0)

Prince Domaquetan Micchuqui – 4 year

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 1, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Princess Limiqua Micchuqui – 2 year

(Leadership 0, Martial 1, Charisma 0, Arcana 0, Agility 0)

Archpriest Solameqan Nugguchuqui Payama – 58 years

(Leadership 1, Martial 1, Charisma 2, Arcana 14, Agility 0)

Warmistress Theaqui Suppucchi – 44 years

(Leadership 4, Martial 9, Charisma 1, Arcana 0, Agility 2)

Retainer Tuqua Richiqui – 39 years

(Leadership 2, Martial 4, Charisma 3, Arcana 0, Agility 4)

---

Cities & Settlements:

Osocchi Appachaqui, the city of the skies (capital city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 3 Mine, 3 Heavy M., 14 Civil M.

Nidipaquichi Picchu (city)– Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Totomachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Oyopaqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 2 Mines, 2 Heavy M., 13 Civil M.

Mataqachi (city) – Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Mine, 1 Heavy M., 12 Civil M.

Eapuqui (Town)

Chequimatan (Town)

Nonimocchan (Town)

Chanimaquan (city) – Trade node, Low Stone Walls, Trade Depot, Commercial District, 1 Civil M.

Senpacchia (Town (not tied to limit))

Royoquichi (Town (not tied to limit))

Civil Infrastructure:

114 farms (18 nodes) – 110 production –> 69 food for pop + 32 food for settlements (101 consumed)

15 Mines

15 Craftsman Districts (Heavy Man.)

5 Commercial Districts

5 Trade Depots

65 Civilian Districts (Civil Man.)

Trade with Antramar, Kastovia, Perasmani League, Amarantic Dominion, Anaxes, Ardes, Grand Empire of Ak, Adozar, Mitrovic Empire and Krolestwo

---

Military Infrastructure:

1 Castle, 1 Fortress (Start)

19 Keeps: 19,000 Quti

5 Castles: 10,000 Quti

Armed Forces:

8,500 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular) (17)

2,500 Mountain Lion Warriors (T3 Regular) (10)

11,000 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular) (22)

1,500 Light Cavalry (T3 Regular) (3)

500 Medium Cavalry (T3 Regular) (1)

4 ballistae (1)

20 scorpions (2)

12 Adepts

2 Mages

Garrison Forces (cities & fortifications):

5,200 Medium Infantry (T3 Regular)

1,700 Plumed Archers (T3 Regular)

Naval Forces:

n/a

---

Income:

Base: 10,000 Quti

Settlements: 24,000 Quti

Taxes: 34,000 Quti

Commercial Districts (6): 24,000 Quti

Civilian Distrcits (66/68): 66,000 Quti

Trade (10 partners): 10,000 Quti

Trade Depots (6): 30,000 Quti

Trade Points (1): 2,000 Quti

Treasury: 2,050 Quti

Available: 202,050 Quti

Expenses:

Armed Forces (-30%): 9,800 Quti

Military Infrastructure (-10%): 26,100 Quti

Total: 35,900 Quti

---

Year 882

King Thonaqan is standing atop of one of the new castle towers built with the less-known but excellent Chimuquera craftsmanship. His eyes wander along the horizon. Flat lands as far as the eye can see. “Ideal for warriors of the horse.” he murmurs. “We must divide this ocean of grass blades with the will of the mountain, Chimuquera and the gifts of Mama-Pacha. If must be, we must erect real mountains, only to protect the realms of men from the ambitions of the Khan.” He turns about, eyes now wandering to the East. Not too far, mighty mountains immediately come into his view. The Western reaches of the Chitimuqan mountains, home to his people. And his family. “Qhapaq. Chimiqua. Domaquetan. Limiqua. I count the days when I may see my children again. Who would have known it hurts one’s heart so much to be apart from those you love. Mama-Pacha, give me strength in these dark times.” The King removes the crown of gold he is wearing, laying it onto the stone tiles in front of him, before kneeling down, lowered head, facing the distant and cloud wrought mountains. “For love I have set forth, ventured out into lands unknown. Leading brave warriors, men and women alike, your children out here. For love to my people, your children, as well as my own. But perhaps also those can not fend for themselves and must be protected from the greed and merciless ambition of the few mighty ones. Please lend me your strength and guide me to the truth. Mama-Pacha, for I am only a single son of yours.” King Thonaqan would remain kneeling there quietly for another few minutes. A quiet dripping sound is heard and a small pearl of water runs down the golden crown on the side. “Rain, hm?” Thonaqan muses as he glances up to the overcast sky, rising from the ground. “Are you crying for me, Mama-Pacha?” Thonaqan can’t help but wonder, as he picks up the crown at last, as a drizzle sets in, to begin growing into a fully fledged rain. The King, with his back to the mountains returns to gazing out into the ocean of grass, unheeding of getting wet. Why would he care? He was already crying.

Many kilometers to the East, Qhapaq asks his usual question. “When is Papa coming home?” Retainer Tuqua who has returned to the mountain palace at Osocchi Appachaqui from his ongoing mission to the Pachaqui basin, can’t help but smile. Qhapaq reminds him more of Thonaqan’s younger brother, Baquan, who died in an avalanche decades ago. A curious and investigative nature, but nagging with questions. The same questions, until he got a reply that was satisfactory. “Qhapaq, your father is on an adventure in the West, where he must fight against a mighty horse warrior and his men.” – “I know that. But when has he won? It has been many days, at least ten years!” – “Qhapaq, how old are you now?” – “Fi- six!” – “So, you remember him leave, yes?” – “Yes, Papa left when I was little! Many years ago!” Tuqua laughs loudly at that, just as Archpriest Solameqan enters, followed by two young acolytes, one hand on his walking staff, the other firmly grasped by the young Chimiqua. Tuqua hasn’t seen her often, but when he did recently, he came to bear witness of the gifts of Mama-Pacha that continue to manifest in her. “Tuqua, you insolent boy! Are you poisoning the mind of our prince here again?” the aging Solameqan thunders at the top of his lungs, much to the entertainment of both Chimiqua and Qhapaq. Tuqua plays along. “Yes, I shall make him scared of butterflies!” – “I am not scared of butterflies! I fear nobody but the gods, I am Qhapaq, the next Mountain King, bravest of the Chimuquera!” Qhapaq replies loudly, hopping onto the table, kicking over his cup with maracuya juice, flailing with his wooden toy sword. “Nooo! I yield, I yield!” Tuqua helplessly flails, as he falls of his chair in play. The Archpriest and the two acolytes can not help but smile, as both Qhapaq and Chimiqua climb onto Retainer Tuqua, who is now lying on the ground. “I wonder how you fare, my King. My student. Thonaqan. I hope you are safe.” Solameqan thinks to himself, as he walks to the window of the chamber, looking out to the west. In the distance there, away from the sunny capital city of the Pachaqui Kingdom, dark thunderclouds are brewing, likely with rain beginning to fall. “Are you crying Mama-Pacha?” the old man asks.

A heavy grunt leaves Theaqui as her warclub smashes into the steadfast shield of one of her Mountain Lion Warriors. The man holds steady, barely even flinching under the brutal strike of her. This training is a change of pace in between, as the horse warriors have yet to engage in battle proper. Theaqui withdraws and prepares another strike, her mind however wandering elsewhere. She feels unwelcome, among the ranks of the ironclad Mitrovic men, they themselves having mocked her and the Chimuqueran men and women. “We are different than them. Not even a word of appreciation in these long days of marching North and South and back and forth and being harrassed by skirmishers.” she thinks to herself, as she parries the counterattack of her opponent. “The King has sent me, I should lead by example, but being belittled by these men is almost unbearable. They think women are inferior to them, just like the old coots at home. I have changed that view in the Kingdom and I shall change it for the Mitrovic men as well. We are strong and that does not depend on whether we have balls or not.” She roars as she dives under a swing of the warrior in front of her, before going for a legsweep from her lowered stance, knocking the man onto his back. Before he can react, her warclub thunders two inches deep into the ground next to his head. “I win. But you fought well, Rohmaq. You should be wary of your legwork more.” As she helps him up, drops of water begin to roll down her outstretched arm. Theaqui looks up, the wrinkles at the corner of her eyes and mouth strained. “Are you crying for us, Mama-Pacha?”

Actions:

As per decree of the young King, new farmland must be prepared to acommodate the growing demand of food by the steadily growing population. So far the Chimuquera had no issue with their nutrition, but the King does not intend to have it become a matter. (-18,000 Quti for 4 farms)

Retainer Tuqua returns to Osocchi Appachaqui, the city of the skies, along with his followers. As Chanimaquan is left in capable hands of a local chieftain, his focus turns onto more pressing matters, such as the increased recruitment of troops for the armed forces of the Pachaqui Kingdom. With additional steel coming in from abroad, it should be easier to arm more men at once, whilst still supplying the ongoing fortification effort in the West:

3,000 Regular T3 Plumed Archers (-6 AP, -36,000 Quti)

3,000 Regular T3 Warriors (-6 AP, -48,000 Quti)

1,500 Regular T3 Light Cavalry (-0 AP, -19,500 Quti)

1 Keep and 1 Castle (-7 AP, -26,000 Quti) to be built in the West.

Two singular civilian district are constructed in Chanimaquan to support the growing population of the city with additional jobs, as well as offer new opportunities for business ventures. (-13,500 Quti for 2 CDs)

Slowly coming of age, a whole 5,000 Quti are allocated to the education and training of both Qhapaq and Chimiqua. The first is meant to become the next King after all, the latter is important because of the gifts have begun to manifest more and more, day by day. (-5,000 Quti for ADDITIONAL education of both Prince Qhapaq and Princess Chimiqua; MOD)

The remaining Quti, rectangular chips of gold are being stored in the treasury of Osocchi Appachaqui, in order to save it for the coming year, where coin might become much more needed. (-150 Quti)

The summoning and hurling of boulders becomes the next objective for the acolytes and clergy of the Kingdom. Thus far, the ones with the gifts of Mama-Pacha had little methods of ranged abilities, something Archpriest Solameqan agreed with the Warmistress to pursue, as need might very well arise. Naturally, the skill and focus invested into the spell should determine the size and velocity of the earthen object. (Passive, started 880, due 883)

Past Studies:

The next spell is to be named Bindings of the Sand. A spell that should be capable of rooting a person with magic sands to a location, hindering his ability to move, speak or perform magic altogether. In a sense they imagine it to be required if they ever have to seal something away that can not be killed by normal means. (Started 876; due in 880 as T2; now concluded)

Rapid winds can cause duststorms. But instead of relying on winds with the power of will grains of sand might be moved with a lack of them. A magical sandstorm is the goal of the new magical pursuits of the Archpriest, something to conceal movement or hinder enemy advances. (Passive, started 872, due in 874 as T1; concluded)

Urged on by the King’s request (and of course the funding that comes along with it), the blacksmiths and artisans of the Pachaqui Kingdom continue in developing the right arms and armor for the coming Mountain Lion Warriors. (-45,000 Quti & 10 AP for Heavy Infantry; 15,000 Quti last year; now concluded)

As the impaling spikes spell is concluded the next project for the priests of the Chimuquera is to elaborate on a spell that may mend cracks and damages in stone, as well as reinforce it against impacts and further damage through tremors, impacts and other less mundane means. Reinforce Stone and Earth shall it be named. (Passive, started 868, due in 872 as T2; now concluded)

In the meantime, the Archpriest Solameqan orders the exploration of the gifts of Mama-Pacha, the powers she has bestowed upon the Chimuquera. The subject shall be the rapid formation of rock spikes out of the ground in a straight line from the caster, to impale approaching enemies. Whilst it seems cruel, it is essential that the Chimuqueran people have the means to protect themselves properly. (Passive study, year 4, due 868; now concluded)

The Pérasmani League

0u3QpF0B1tLTamCutG_5yGqg0FfFJeAiqD9b47EINyC7k26QsLiE4vVh_Mb8Qv3l9fTf_xgHRjaoux_2puHxogK4s934gyjNk8fj-nAq47RK46aTyhDL82T9uNpnrg8mWeLi1V_4

:heh:

Activity:

Expenditures (176.5k G) -

Civilian Manufactories are built in the capital. (67.5k C, 9 Civ Manu)

Nobles are trained for the army. (3 AP, 42k, 3 Ironleaf; 3 Units of Nobles, T4/Vet 1/Ironleaf)

Five more Carracks are laid in the capital. (15 SP, 35k Gold; 5 Carracks)

The previous galleon and three more are laid in the capital. (15 SP, 32k Gold; 4 Galleons)

Mod (20k C) -

With little idea as to what the bird can actually do now that it’s working, the uses of it are examined. Somewhat knowing of the Ishikawan’s, Katsumi, own creation they attempt to find if it can act on their commands and respond to them accordingly. Other uses are also searched for, seeing as there is little else that comes to mind when thinking of uses for the bird. (10k C [20k C Invested])

With little else going on for the nation, a party of men are gathered in the Cheesemen halls and sent abroad. Their mission is simple; to assess the potential enemies in full. The men head to nearby nations on the Fydor to examine their numbers and relative strength to the Cheesemen’s own, the list being Arnun and Khrav to the south and Nok to the north.

As the presence of Perasmani business within the Chtor grows, so do the ambitions of the island’s chief goyim. Utilizing his knowledge of the economic landscape of the Chicahtoc Empire, his involvement within their trade influence would become far more aggressive in an effort to further strengthen his control over the trade region. The ‘redirection’ of locally sourced goods sold by independent merchants is made to instead force them to pass through the underground dealings of the Perasmani where a hefty tariff is applied to the independent sellers and buyers. This is enforced by Salazar's own party and charisma, as well as a contingent of Perasmani ‘lended’ troops should the need for them arise. Meanwhile the goods sold and imported by the Perasmani merchants through their underground dwellings would be allowed free passage through the nation, no doubt becoming far more popular than the heavily taxed and much more expensive goods that any other merchant would attempt to sell after being redirected through Salazar’s holdings. (20 Charisma/250 Archontas Heavy Infantry)

The trade influence within Aldemar increases. (10k C, 1/3 Turns Remain)

Research (42.5k Gold) -

[NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW NEW Runemancy - Igni Bolts]  With their success of a fire-oriented weapon in the Vomva, the scholars of the Magus Syntechnía, and with Teykh Syndicate Runemancers to assist them, a combination of the two knowledges is put to use. A new bolt for ballistas is conceived, one which activates whilst travelling through the air towards the target and combusts into an almost dazzling spectacle of flaming debris. These superheated pieces of debris would cause mass damage to flammable materials and any wagie unfortunate enough to find himself in the targeted area. (25k C)

fc6ShAzxBaH0pVP0u5DHGjbS6CPne5XTAw0_gICM3bAfc56Ncs_OZRPep1I5bCGq2Zl_VR2jQlzgkVJpd4Ol2t4Rj0x2bMghcYY8w2wOY-xBlvFG8rpx_Mtzsn3bwtY1DCnHQFLw

[Tech - Improved Ballistas]  Woosh. (17.5k C, 2/4 Turns Remain [27.5k Invested])

[Magic - T3 Calming Tides]  Woosh. (1/4 Turns Remain)

Edited by Quackers