[Shelved][✓] [Creature Lore] [Strigae]

KBR

Past their prime, I’m afraid... ?

Why.

This lore doesn’t address any of the issues that the original lore had, for one.
If anything this only makes them stronger. Poison fangs lol

22 minutes ago, KBR said:

Blood Memories 

“Blood is lives.” 

-Emerick aen Anerhyd

pretty sure I’ve heard this elsewhere..

but please desist the bland and recurrent trope of “dracula” skyrim vampires, it only brings pain unto my eyes. the lore (mostly excerpted from the original) isn’t bad per-se, but it doesn’t fix what strigae were shelved for.

there’s way too much to unpack.

i genuinely can’t.

venom, memory reading, having the pks thinly veiled and done in a way where I know your group will avoid them.

I honestly was like, “this is a nice read” then I remembered a majority of it is just completely ripped from the old lore written by matt and rhys. Then your little excerpt with Benda and saying the Unseen have been killed makes absolutely no sense. This has sorted absolutely none of the issues that happened because of the mass power-gaming utilised by those who had striga. The things that /needed/ to be defined are not, instead you gave them venom and more strangely supernatural powers.

Originally, striga were essentially made as a segue to human immortality and highlighting the inner animalistic struggle that can come with such. Instead throughout the course of its use, it has devolved into dracula-esque roleplay which was never the intention. They’ve had their course, as long as they’re not retconned and the work of Esterlen and Mth_Dew is respected I will be happy to watch these creatures fade into obscurity. The actual fixes that Caleb wants for Striga are easy to do, but yet you still somehow missed it.

Well done my friend. Well done. +1

They had a good ending, should’ve just left it at that in my personal opinion

((Before my little rant I just want to thank the ST who were actually willing to work with the guys on trying to address some of the issues, Mordu, Skyk, Archipelego))

15 hours ago, Jentos said:

Past their prime, I’m afraid... ?

15 hours ago, Boruto said:

pretty sure I’ve heard this elsewhere..

but please desist the bland and recurrent trope of “dracula” skyrim vampires, it only brings pain unto my eyes. the lore (mostly excerpted from the original) isn’t bad per-se, but it doesn’t fix what strigae were shelved for.

15 hours ago, ScreamingDingo said:

there’s way too much to unpack.

i genuinely can’t.

venom, memory reading, having the pks thinly veiled and done in a way where I know your group will avoid them.

I honestly was like, “this is a nice read” then I remembered a majority of it is just completely ripped from the old lore written by matt and rhys. Then your little excerpt with Benda and saying the Unseen have been killed makes absolutely no sense. This has sorted absolutely none of the issues that happened because of the mass power-gaming utilised by those who had striga. The things that /needed/ to be defined are not, instead you gave them venom and more strangely supernatural powers.

Originally, striga were essentially made as a segue to human immortality and highlighting the inner animalistic struggle that can come with such. Instead throughout the course of its use, it has devolved into dracula-esque roleplay which was never the intention. They’ve had their course, as long as they’re not retconned and the work of Esterlen and Mth_Dew is respected I will be happy to watch these creatures fade into obscurity. The actual fixes that Caleb wants for Striga are easy to do, but yet you still somehow missed it.

While I haven’t been involved in the full writing of the piece I’ll be very happy to defend it against some of the more frustrating points as I was around for a bit of brainstorming, and the actual process of squeezing out what the hell everyone wanted to change. I need to address the furries in the comments first though.

@Boruto @Jentos

This:  https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/188841-playable-ca-vargs-accursed-werbeasts/ don’t moan about tropes when your own lore can logically fall into the same rabbit hole; if people want to role-play a particular fantasy nishe let them. Nobody is past their time, please desist from Skyrim-Witcher werewolf botchling rp masked behind ‘oh its Mediterranean folklore’ and maybe you’ll have a leg to stand on. It’s a stupid reaction so as a member of the story team try to give some real criticism so it can be changed accordingly and modified to fit with the standard.

Seeing how the guys have been treated in trying to rectify the issues of the first round was painful to say the least. The details on what actually needed to be changed were far too vague, a lot of what I noticed was the habit of the commenting ST was to point out something that had already been addressed (like the extent of their strength and speed.) As for what Caleb wants, for one Caleb never responds. The last thing I recall hearing out of him was this: ‘don’t be a witcher rip off and nerf it into the ground.’

Obviously that isn’t encouraging; obviously it was going to be an uphill battle. Striga are already not as strong as people like to assume, and are also no more a rip-off than every other piece of lore that has been inspired by something on this server. There were also other sources that Matt and Maly were inspired by like Underworld and Diablo but nobody likes talking about that so it doesn’t get said. Unfortunately the the choice that was left was let the LT rewrite the lore and run the risk of the original point being lost in the crossfire, or try addressing some of the issues people saw the first time around.

We granted them a /better/ purpose; try and revive the Unseen who had now vanished, and now too is there more clarification on the limits of feeding etc etc. If I knew that I was brainstorming for a picture book and everyone would whinge about Skyrim vampires because of switch in the image files used to describe lore that has simply undergone some mechanical clarification. Ultimately I’d like to keep roleplaying my character as is without randomly becoming human or turning to dust but evidently that can’t happen without the ST shitting down my throat and retconning everything, or warping my lord Malythill’s idea into something that I don’t recognize.

Edited by rising

I think all new creatures should be frogs and other inoffensive beatrix potter **** actually