Interview With a Community Member - Kaelan

TryaxReck

Webp.net-compress-image.jpg.ade155e8f09a3827bfb81013bb5f13ef.jpg

Welcome to the second bi-weekly (weekly, bi-weekly? I have the motivation of a coma patient.) Interview with a community member! This time, we have the world renowned @Kaelan, nation leader of Irrinor. Have someone you think would like to be interviewed? Nominate them by telling me who you’d like to see next, either by telling me on discord, OR by being super cool and pinging the person below in the comments. Without further ado, let us violate the privacy of Kaelan.

Let's begin simple: Who ARE you? Really. Your name, what you for fun other than role play, your biggest dislikes and likes, so on and so forth. 

Spoiler

Who am I? I'm a simple man. So simple in fact that I use my real name as my username, Kaelan. Though some players who lingered around the wood elves during Vailor and Axios might know me as ZipZapMan. I've been apart of LOTC for several years now, applying all the way back in 2015 to the server.

In terms of what I do for fun outside of LOTC, I enjoy playing other video games such as Apex, R6S, and various Paradox games; watching anime, and cooking.

Ah, paradox games, from HOI4 to CK2. Always loved them myself, banked 300 hours playing Mexico without a custom focus tree. War is hell. But cooking you say? You have a specific style you like in particular or are you more of a "throw **** in a pot and pray" type of guy?

Spoiler

I've tended to favour making my own pizzas as of late. Though thinking back to the last several months; bread rolls, beef wellingtons, lasagnes, and hashbrowns seem to be the most consistent thing I've been making.

So, really just following a recipe at first until I know it by heart.

Mmm, making me hungry just thinking about it. but let's shift back into the world of mineman rp for a sec. You've been on for quite awhile, and have had a lot of experiences. But if there is anything you regret doing, IRP or OOC in relation to the server, what would that exactly be?

Spoiler

We all have various reasons for getting caught up in LOTC. It seems like for many of us, the longer we play the more invested and absorbed we become in LOTC. I've never felt that I've regretted an IRP decision. However OOCly just getting caught up in all the drama that surrounds the server and letting it stress me out. I'd say that is true even to today, perhaps even more so as I've taken the role of a nation leader.

TLDR, Just letting LOTC be more important than it really should be.

Leadership is always a tough role to fill, and I think everyone can relate to that last statement. But hey, leadership does have its perks of making yourself well known by a fair few people. Let's see who you like the most. Three cheers for nepotism!

Say you had to pick 4 people  to live in a jail cell with. Who'd you choose? Be sure to play favorites!

Spoiler

There's far too many people to choose from. My player base and leadership for that matter has quite a few people in it. Though if I had to absolutely choose four people...

My first choice would likely be @Criala. A long time friend of mine who I've known for upwards of four years now. Honestly one of my best friends.

Second choice would have to be @Sykogenic. A friend that I made while a moderator and who later joined the Wood Elven community. Guy is a genuine chad who could probably had the best chance of breaking us out. But if not - he could at least rough up the other inmates. 

Third choice would have to go to @Braxis. Met braxis when he returned to LOTC and was roped to join Irrinor by Numirya. Great guy.

And lastly I would have to choose @Tigergiri for comedic relief.

A solid team to make your Oceans 11 breakout. But what about the theme for the team? Whats your favorite song / artist that you'd like jamming out to you crafting dummies to fool the guards and engaging in soap dropping?

Spoiler

Been listening to quite a bit of Glass Animals recently. 

Perfection. So with all this leadership and seniority you have some tough moments. But you wouldn't be sticking around if there were no good moments eh? You have the funniest / most intense / just good  story arc or moment on the server?

Spoiler

Really just the time spent with friends. Hanging out in VC with them as we engage in either serious or meme RP. There aren't any specific moments that I can really call out because there's nearly five years of memories on the server. Would be unfair to place one moment about the others.

Fair point. I feel like you got a real insight though to this next question due to your long history with the server. What does LOTC lack? Whether mechanically, or as a community, what's something we can all work on together to help fix, or address?

Spoiler

LOTC lacks direction and stability. We're all just kind of running around blindly without a real goal. Each community is tugging themselves in various different directions with little common ground to be found between the various communities. There's also immense toxicity and we're all very much broken up into OOC factions. Staff have little to no direction and things just seem to change every other day. We've a roster of entirely new admins who don't seem to have a direction they want to take their teams. 

We're all just lost and there's no end goal we're working towards.

A very nuanced and thoughtful outlook on the state of the server I think many people share. Well, I think that’ll be all for now, though I do appreciate you coming and typing up all this for me. Anything you wanna say to LoTC before we part ways and I publicly publish our discord dms on the forums?

Spoiler

God just shut the server down and free us all. Thank you.

And that concludes our second interview with a community member. I would once again like to thank @Kaelan for indulging me and being an all-around great fellow. And to you, dear readers? Keep up the good work! Your little beady eyes keep this internet interview thing running! Love all your guys’ support, and remember: If you wanna be interviewed, or want to nominate someone else a bit more bashful, comment, or dm me over discord about it! 

Until next time Minemen.

Edited by TryaxReck

I knew Kaelan was a weeb

1 hour ago, Braxis said:

I knew Kaelan was a weeb

UwU