Thank you, ET and Athera Team

Nozgoth

Special Thanks To:

The Event Team and Athera

Written by: Ttsim and NOZGOD

Throughout our time on LOTC, we felt as though the event team has played an amazing part in everyone's entertainment. Event team is not given enough credit for the countless hours spent doing events, coming up with ideas and not being able to play personal characters. Further, it's not only the work they do - the event team is always fun to hang around and very helpful! ET has to deal with many things, especially as of late - many of which are uncalled for, yet they still trudge along, stronger than ever. Thank you, for the myriad of hours put in. Thank you, for the diligence and good work ethic. Thank you, for the compelling narratives you have created. Thank you event team. Whenever you hit that metaphorical wall, remember - deep down, we appreciate what you do. If it weren’t for the event team, LOTC would be bland with just the same old roleplay which gets repetitive. Many times I have been kept up late at night with friends doing an ET event, each event fuels our drive to continue playing.

Athera- everyone knows about it- The great event that would bring the server together- and let players new and old experience the wonders of lands of ancient and old. The Event team, alongside Tha_Mystery_Man, have worked countless days in attempts to make this experience the best it could possibly be. Unfortunately- as always- these things may go south- and that’s okay. The whole point of LOTC is to allow players to make the decisions, instead of NPCs, and that requires a lot of imagination to respond to the players whenever they emote. The Event team has a single focus- and that’s to make the experience of Lotc enjoyable. 

Athera has been enjoyable, but it’s also been crazy- and that’s ok. This is something new, something different, something that’s taken so much time and love to craft- and it’s going to have hiccups because of this. The sheer amount of stress the ET’s must  have- especially when stuff goes wrong- is phenomenal. When the land permissions screwed up- and people had to wait for the event- the Event Team could have simply said “Wait ‘till tomorrow.” But they didn’t. They worked their asses off and fixed it- even when dozens of players waited, beginning to log off from boredom- they still kept at it. That kind of dedication is rarely seen even when people have professional jobs- so, thank you- you never gave up, and you never let us down.

If we may end this off- I know that things may turn wrong, and some of you may feel stress or anger, but I just want you all to remember- that we’re all still just… people. The Event Team aren’t all-seeing gods, nor do they have incredible RP power for their own personal characters. They’re just… normal people- just like any other player you’d see on Lotc, or any other man or woman on the street. We tend to deify those in positions of power- think that they can do no wrong- or that when they make a mistake, it’s heresy, and they should be removed, or we tend to speak ill of them, as if they were an inanimate object rather than a person. But they are just that- a person- someone who has zero clue what to do once **** hits the fan.

This post is running long so I’m just going to end this off with my thank you’s.

Thank you, Event Team, for working tirelessly to bring the community together in a time of duress, and ensure that we enjoy what the server is all about. Fun! 

Thank you, The community, for sticking through thick and thin- and being patient whilst we search for a better and brighter future.

As always- thank you for reading this, and have a good day.

~TTSIM

Thanks for everything!

~NOZGOD

i appreciate the effort and passion put into it by those et truly enjoying themselves

smh, no thanks to the mods who fixed the messed up regions smh

I appreciate the kind words. I know alotta the event team was stressed about Athera, and despite it not having gone perfectly im definately impressed and happy with the scale and enjoyment of what happened. ❤️ 

15 hours ago, Zacho said:

smh, no thanks to the mods who fixed the messed up regions smh

Thank you for fixing the regions Zacho ❤️

I can say with confidence that even just up until now this event has been one of the best experiences I’ve had on the server. Possibly the best experience, and I’ve been around since Aegis.

Truly outstanding work, I appreciate the colossal task that this was and continues to be. You’ve achieved something unprecedented on the server, and that’s a triumph to be proud of.

haven’t been around for/haven’t been allowed to go to any of the events, and it seems like a huge vanity event for mages/paladins, but I appreciate the effort put into it nonetheless

p.s. let me access chests cowards