Sign in to follow this  
Noobli

From the Desk of the High Preceptor : Of Kin and Clergy

From the Desk of the High Preceptor : Of Kin and Clergy

~ 2nd Edition, 15th of Snow’s Maiden, 1759 ~

First off; I promise this one will be far less long and it is with a lighter heart than the last edition of this publication that I write from my desk again. The focus of this letter is moving forward and our future plans as clergy, and what the wisest members of our ranks have discerned regarding the signs from the Brathmordakin.

Divination and Prophecy

The Priests of the Holy Order have met to discuss recent events and how the will of the Brathmordakin may be involved in them, and what that means for us to do. We analyzed the events that had occurred during Athera, namely the reclamation of ancient clan relics and the diminishing resources of our mines. After discussion, it was determined that the relics were a blessing of the Brathmordakin. Well, the natural extension of such an assertion is why would the dwarves be blessed particularly now? We came to the conclusion that because the dwarves went back to study their past culture united as Urguan, that it pleased the Brathmordakin and it was for that reason that we were rewarded with ancient clan relics. It is forseen that there will be times of prosperity ahead based around our connections to the past. However, it seemed the Brathmordakin were not pleased in other aspects. Grand Prospector Bodmer Goldhand has reported fewer resources found in the mines as of late. It seemed that the dwarves had lost the favor of Grimdugan, the god of greed, patron of hidden wealth and darkness, and our mines thus run less prosperous. What could we have done to lose the favor of Grimdugan? To Bodmer it seemed clear; too long has Grimdugan been continually misrepresented by the dwarven public and clergy as different to the other gods, too long has he been disregarded as the patron of petty thieves and goons. The Holy Order is taking action to make sure Grimdugan is properly honored in the future, more details to come later. 

A Call of Clans

As mentioned in my last edition of this publication, I wish to hear from representatives from each Clan to go over specific and unique cultural beliefs so that any cleric or priest teaching a beardling from this clan can do so properly according to their customs. The next meeting of the Holy Order will be in five stone days, and I ask that all clans that don’t have a member of the clergy already send their own scholar to share the clan’s view. Not only that, but I call each clan to be vocal about concerns they may have with the Holy Order so they may be resolved. 

Rituals and Blessings

The members of the Holy Order have been working on a new initiative to force more activity from priests and clerics in dwed culture and society. Specific duties, such as performing blessings and rituals in public, preparing tributes to our gods, will be organized and forced upon members of the Holy Order to ensure they are doing their divine tasks. Too long have the priests of the Holy Order sat in our high rooms contemplating the will of the Brathmordakin but not delivering their blessings among their chosen people. I will take extensive measures to ensure that Priests and Clerics are doing their duty.

Baldin Ironside… Again

A quick note on the situation regarding the last edition. Baldin Ironside had come forward to me and sought resolution, and he had removed his assertion of his claims being authorized by Yemekar and instead made it clear they are his own decisions, and had agreed that he had misinterpreted and misrepresented what has happened in the Holy Order of the dwarves with his words. The 35 Theses will be taken down from the entrance to the Temple and placed on the notice board alongside my response for the scholarly if ever they wish to find it.

Reformed Literature Policy

It has come to the attention of the Holy Order that many of its public documents are outdated and poorly written, and have been for many generations of leaders now. As High Preceptor, I sincerely apologize for this. Many projects have been in the works in the past under previous leaders within the clergy but all have been abandoned. I will make it a top priority to reform the religious literature, consulting with those within the kingdom Ogradhad has blessed most to make a compelling list of stories that are consistent and mirror the beliefs of the Holy Order. Know that disagreeing with a writer is by no means heresy, it is disagreement with core ideas of our faith that is such. Progress already has been made and will be available to be viewed at the clergy meeting, if any scholars are interested. If you cannot make it, reach out to me for a copy.

Norli Starbreaker

High Preceptor eron da Kirkja Dverga

Ivär Goldhand would read the letter and with a grin he’d throw the letter to his fireplace, before getting up to take a walk. A simple word would come out of his mouthNae.

Dhaen Grandaxe reads the letter from a small office in the Grandaxe Clan Hall. Her brow furrows as her eyes finally reach the last words. 

“’e ‘as call’d ‘en de clan lords befo’ an’ d’en promptleh forgot all ‘bout ‘et. Why woul’ dis beh aneh’ differen’? Ah’ will’nae send a’ representative until a’ see ‘im du som’ o’ de t’ings ‘e says~”

The female dwarf promptly sets a mug down on the letter a few hours later, the fate of the letter now sealed as a dwarven coaster.

Karl Ironside is confused "mi fatha neva claimed tu be authorised by Yemekar whot es thes lad saying..."