Gudour's Bash (1758)

TDubs

5fNnw4XFhjC8hvzXD0V6OT7rgr6IIli-_Kzd1C6sABBkepyGTl6Cl40Za113pw0GOxiCR-rScKmTnxe9KwMsLO3F1w7P5G9sDj5jByY68uVt4hmnmuDNIakzDEkfLIOZp0GI2a6f

In the north-eastern realms of Arcas, but a stone-throw away from Cloud Temple, in the capital of the Princedom of Fenn, Tahu’lareh, a 6’ 2” man stands proud on a stage inside the Silver Snowflake. The room is bustling with people celebrating its grand re-opening. His eyes scan the room and he nods to himself before clearing his throat loudly and drawing the attention of the tavern dwellers.

“As you can all I see I have returned from the lands of past kings, and with only a single battle wound at that.” He motions to the bandage on his head. Many people shake their head and return to their drinks but he carries on.

“And I hear your thoughts, ‘how, young Rithon? How did you receive that wound upon your head despite your Drakon strength and skill?’ Well I shall tell you! It all started when I departed on the beginning days of The Sun’s Smile, 1756.”

He strums his lute once regaining the attention of those that had looked away and smiles. His mind returns to the journey. He remembers the voyage to Athera. the battle with the undead sea creature as well as the dragon that had been eaten by an even larger sea monster. He recalls his disappointment upon learning the ship’s name was “The Barking Cat”. He remembers the Kraken destroying their ship and washing upon the shores of Athera, and seeing the dead land.

Then he begins to play. 

((Inside this spoiler are the lyrics to “Gudour’s Bash” a LOTC parody of the song played in the video above. That same song is called “Dragon Bash: Bash the Dragon” from Guild Wars 2. Its my attempt at summarizing the paladin event line of the Athera event in song from the beginning days of The Sun’s Smile, 1756 to the last days of the Grand Harvest 1758.))

Athera lived in shadow from a pair of drakaar's wings,
with a damsel in distress, we knew of what to bring,
The sea monster and dragon show, expecting us to yield,
but there's just one course of action when we take up sword and shield...

SLASH THE CREATURE! STAB THE CREATURE!
Drive it right back into the depths!...
BASH THE DRAGON! SMASH THE DRAGON!
Just a bunch of fake empty threats!...

We crash upon the shores and due to all the Kraken's might,
the skilful and the willful each set up to rest from fight.
Gudour may wield the legend's Sword and power of no mortal man,
but with two bands of holy friends, no evil can withstand.

MASH THE KRAKEN! DASH THE KRAKEN!
Drive it right back into the deep!
May it never rise up from sleep!...

Large Insects come in dozens from the peaks and from the east,
And Gudour falls forth from the sky and turns from man to beast,
We fight and chase then rest in place to keep our breath steady,
Its here his head is taken and we free Xan's friend lady,

Drive it right back into its den!...
May it never rise up again!...
Written down with our ink and pen!...
Merely call upon us again!...
When you need a drakaar dead!...

Rithon smiled at the small group of people who applauded him and rests his lute down gently on the table beside him. From that same table he picks up one of two scrolls and opens it, letting the long parchment unfurl itself.

“On this page I have recorded the names and deeds of those who stood out, at least to me, in our journey!”

Ariselle – Ihnsil'ahril 

Lien'orrarirvallei – Xuag   

Bonus Mention(s):

((These scrolls can be found in game in a book called: “Heroes of the Athera Paladin Adventure”))

((Could have been a lot better but I just wanted to get it out there. If your character isn't in the scrolls its because you didn’t fill out my Google Form questions ?. Sorry. Thanks again to Mystery and all the ETs involved with the Athera event. A thanks to Korvic for fixing the server and keeping his pex. Lastly, a thank you to Fury_Fire for letting me tag along with his group of paladins.

Edited by TDubs

this mans really forgot lefkos

53 minutes ago, Salty said:

this mans really forgot lefkos

3 hours ago, TDubs said:

If your character isn't in the scrolls its because you didn’t fill out my Google Form questions ?. Sorry.

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis. I’all add him to bonus mentions tomorrow but I also don’t know what he did after Gudour was defeated.

Favnir snorts quietly as he reads over the list of individuals, finding his own name and description among them. He ponders over his effect he has on people for a moment, before grumbling something and trudging away from the little show.

Mhel reads through the list of those mentioned, she realises she isn’t among them and gives a shrug and continues on with her day knowing that recognition of her deeds is nothing to the glory of the battle itself.

Arianne blinks as she glanced over one of the scrolls in passing.  “What the Nether, that elf looks like me!”

Nemir, meanwhile, is leagues away likely sweeping away dust in a forgotten library for an old coot of a librarian. 

Spoiler

Arianne

image.png.02ee61e84bfe862cb06138794b91a61b.png

Nemir

image.png.5d895218146a4d76f57fe35e3d157d75.png