Infraction Log Update

Anore

Infraction Log Update

BJLAa8br7qt8jfdjsbqGfJz61pSYa7FNgbqKWGIa

Otherwise known as.

Operation K.O.I. P.O.N.D

Keep. Organized. Infractions. Please. Or. No. Desert.

<Introduction>

Good afternoon, everyone! Its been a long process for this small project, but we’d finally like to let you in on some changes being made to how moderation handle infractions and how that affects you!

<Old System and Its Flaws>

Prior to the transition, Moderation have been using a discord channel to file our infractions, while this system was convenient for many reasons such as Moderation being able to see any time an infraction is made as well as easily view the form and media that came with it, it was lacking in some areas of more concern. For one, the system was flawed in its organization, having to search discord chat for the log history but it also had a severe lack of a backup solution.  We set out to improve the system that our infraction protocol operates out of, to make it more organized and secure, along the way we added some features that will help to create better transparency on the protocol and also a path for a smooth and easy upcoming infraction appeal system.

<Improvements to the System>

New Interface - One of the biggest problems with the infraction system way the failure to explain the structure of the infraction system and what the levels of tiers mean. This has not only led to miscommunication, but also to many feeling they were caught off guard by a punishment because the ability to view where they sit with infractions was not readily available. This system will require the moderator to enter the UUID and it will pull up a list of past infractions as well as mark on the chart your current history.

This chart will soon be updated to reflect the new organization structure for infraction protocol.

image.png.17d9dbf4365872de9d5f1324a1044a74.png

The Moderator can then view the individual infractions for more information.

image.png.6c16adc44902bd907c088cbd888edbe1.png

One big thing that this system improves upon is areas of organization, of the moderators are more organized with their collection of information and documentation then they will make more appropriate decisions. Look to the Transparency section below on what else this could mean for the community.

Security of Data - All of the infractions are now stored on a separate tab of the program, the actual database of the infractions is locked and secured only accessible for edits by Mod Managers and Admins, actions are logged and tracked to prevent tampering. In addition the database will be routinely backed up to ensure it cannot be lost.

Improved Transparency - Now this is the area that I believe will be more important to the player. Part of making this system more user friendly was to open up the opportunity for the player to better understand it. Because of this, everyone on the server can request to pull up their personal infraction history with a Moderator and go over their various infractions and see the chart as a whole and where they sit. From that point the player will have a better understanding of what having multiple infractions means for them, but more importantly but allowing for the appeal of infractions. Being able to see how the infraction system currently affects you and what you can do about it will greatly increase the transparency at which moderators can use this system and continue to work and improve it.

Infraction Appeals - With this system the ease of moderation and the player for appealing infractions will be improved greatly. Players are not only able to get an update with where they sit on the infraction chart but also be able to to appeal their past infractions. The new system will be put in place when all the past logs are finally imported. Please look out for further details on that to come.

In addition, until a formal process is put into place, I will personally open myself up to going through your own personal infractions with you if you contact me at Basket#4977<Pros and Cons >

Benefits

- Improved Transparency

- More Organized Logging

- Adaptable to Change

- Secured Data and Backups

- Requires Consistency

Current Flaws

- Lack of Notification when a Infraction is made, for now Managers and Admins will track the history but in the future a system for notifying when you have made an infraction will be made.

- Not Implemented with the Forums/Freja

- Lack of image viewing without Clicking link when viewing individual infraction.

- Only one person can pull up logs at a time (Though I do not foresee this being an issue)

~ Will Add any Additional Constructive Criticisms and Suggestions to Add on this list as well as a reference. ~

<Conclusion>

I’d like to state that this update is not expected to be a fix for all the issues players have with the infraction system as a whole, but it will be a step in the right direction and a foundation for easier updates and improvements. The updates to the various tiers and levels related to Infractions will be posted later this week by Sykogenic. Once that is pushed out all past infractions from 1/1/19-Today will be re-classed to fit the new system to avoid mix ups when looking at old vs. new infractions.

I will gladly answer any questions players have in the comments in regards to this new system or the whole system in general to try to give you all a better picture on how it all works. With a better understanding of it I believe both staff and the rest of the playerbase will have more ideas on how to improve upon it.

<TLDR

New system for keeping track and logging infractions. Allows for easy viewing of infraction history. Players will be able to request it and will make the infraction appeal process run smoother.

<Special Thanks

Thank you to everyone on the Moderation Team who spent time logging and moving all the old infraction data into the new system. It was a lot of data entry that I was too lazy to do on my own.

Feel like the organized logging is something that was needed for a long time ago. As you concluded it might not be expected to fix all the issues the infraction system has as a whole, though its definetly an improvement, it certainly will allow players have a more clear view and direction when appealing their infractions. Big props for everyone on the team that spent countless hours logging the data into this system!  

Been looking forward to this for a long time, cheers Anore and great work!

7 hours ago, SoulReapingWolf said:

Is this system linking alt accounts to main accounts somehow?

not this system, but there are systems in place.

25 minutes ago, frill said:

not this system, but there are systems in place.

We are working on that however, just want to get the structure in place first.

This. I like this right here.

Very impressive Anore. Glad you got the ball rolling with this much needed reform. This new system is much easier to use then the old discord look up. 

Just use google forms and have it go to a spreadsheet smh

@rukio that is exactly what it is, since google forms also allows you to have automatic backups of files

15 hours ago, Anore said:

@rukio that is exactly what it is, since google forms also allows you to have automatic backups of files

spicy