Community Meeting Notes - March 2020

LotsOfMuffins

Community Meeting Notes – March 2020

Image result for lord of the craft

Johannesburg, Axios

Hello, my dudes!

Unfourtunately, I volunteered to do the recording for this month’s community meeting. My recording software broke about 30 minutes in. So instead, I have very detailed notes relaying everything discussed. Next time, I’ll have two Community Team Members do the recording, so I know for sure it is done and not completely screwed up. Thank you for understanding!

As a note, you guys voted, and we will be having monthly community meetings from now on. So look forward to the next one in April! If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or suggestions, leave a comment down below, or shoot me a PM; my PM’s are always open ❤️

• Hidden switches are back. They were originally gone due to lag. 
  • We have tons of upcoming community events in order to bring the playerbase and staff together.
  • /places has been updated just today!
  • The Lore Games was the first project of its kind that we've done scale-wise for the lore sect, and we've learned a lot from it. We mistakenly left a lot of the writing up to the general playerbase, and this has proven to be a mistake as people write at varying speeds, there's infighting amongst playerbases trying to decide what they want to pursue, et cetera. In the future, we are aiming to have Story take the brunt of writing when it comes to these projects. This is being experimented with during our Techlock project, where Story will act as the primary writers for the tech that is being established, while at the same time we gather input from the community through the discord we have set up. We aim to find a good balance between Story writing and player-input gathering, as what we want to avoid is having Story take over projects completely that impact the server heavily.
  • If you’re wanting to get updates on each team’s latest projects, take a look at our monthly updates or speak to a team member.
  • Staff speakers are the Community Team. They are here for the players. If you have something you wish to bring up but feel ignored, speak to a Community Team Member and they will do their best to ensure your voice is heard.
  • Moderation and Story both have “quotas”.
  • Moderation has seen an easier time approached and handling issues when its given in report format. As they are not being rushed by either side nor holding either side in place from anywhere from a few mins to hours digging through Omni Logs, getting feedback, both sides stories, etc. The main issue we are currently tackling is the notification of new reports and making sure they get done within 72hrs since being claimed. Once Moderation is done with its current list of projects this will be the next thing we tackle.
  • The Korvic/Mystery fiasco is one marred with miscommunication. Korvic had some perms that he should not have had access to and gave some perms to Mystery. Through this, Mystery set up Athera, which is good and I don't believe he had malicious intent. However, he also spawned in a large number of minas and would hand them out to people during the event, either as compensation or "rewards". The amount given is extraordinary compared to previous mina rewards, ranging from 2k to 60k+. When this was discovered, Korvic was temporarily banned while we did a sweep to ensure that his perms were removed. This ban lasted less than an hour, but Korvic purposefully made a fuss about it, despite knowing full well why the tempban was being done. Overall, the things done were not really malicious or game-breaking, and this is why Korvic and Mystery are not actually banned.
  • Yes and no. The Athera eventline was a good display as to how too much autonomy actually hurts the event. On the surface/ to the players, a lot of the event went well, but there were a lot of bumps. A number of actors expressed interest in having the eventline postponed for a bit longer as they wanted more time to prepare. Many of the issues with things like regioning and the nexus items could have been prevented had Mystery followed the proper channels and not rushed things the way he did with his admin-level perms. I do not mind giving managers free rein for things if they communicate well during it. So if Julius (one of the new managers) wanted more freedom for an eventline, I would give it to him, so long as we were able to communicate what he had planned and he was communicating more with the team so things don't get rushed again.
  • We’re looking at ways for nations to expand, though we’re not sure if we’re gonna go the direction of letting people purchase evicted charters and stuff. 
  • A huge event where everyone goes to Athera isn’t probably happening for Athera again anytime soon, though we’re unsure what we’re gonna be doing in the future. 
  • We are most likely not getting racial bonuses again. It hasn’t been discussed in the tech side of things, though they did lead to a lot of complaints. If they had a more aesthetic impact or didn’t benefit pvp, then potentially, but it depends on what the bonuses are.
  • The general consensus is that we want to steer away from giving out a bunch of loot, it’s something that we’ll discuss more with the new management.
  • There will be hubs around the new map. Essentially, they’re hub points where you can head to from spawn and it’s centralized around the nations around it. The World Team has a world painter who is sculpting it in certain aspects. 
  • The World Team wants the nations to be more of the focus as to vassalhood and deals and such, being the main landowners. The focus will be on nations and those groups.
  • The warp signs at CT will remain until the lag and chunk issues are fixed when the server hits higher pop above 210.
  • 8.0 is in development and we have a map. We do not have a release date. 
  • For more information on 8.0 and the activity system, please reach out to a World Team Member. 

now that the dev team is non-existant, i highly doubt the chunk issue will be fixed. Not that anything could even be done about it.

Oh no, my fictitious ingame money that means absolutely nothing!!! Whatever shall I do? 

Oh, and, banning someone with the tagline "hi =3" explains everything perfectly. 

You guys aren't all off your gourds. No way at all. 

Just now, KunLunKungFu said:

Oh no, my fictitious ingame money that means absolutely nothing!!! Whatever shall I do? 

Oh, and, banning someone with the tagline "hi =3" explains everything perfectly. 

You guys aren't all off your gourds. No way at all. 

!! How dare you attack my lady like that!! I challenge you to a duel. En garde!!  ?

1 minute ago, Haseroth said:

!! How dare you attack my lady like that!! I challenge you to a duel. En garde!!  ?

I would fight you, good sir, but alas, I have so much mina, I can nary move my arm a twitch!!!! 

35 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:
  • The Korvic/Mystery fiasco is one marred with miscommunication. Korvic had some perms that he should not have had access to and gave some perms to Mystery. Through this, Mystery set up Athera, which is good and I don't believe he had malicious intent. However, he also spawned in a large number of minas and would hand them out to people during the event, either as compensation or "rewards". The amount given is extraordinary compared to previous mina rewards, ranging from 2k to 60k+. When this was discovered, Korvic was temporarily banned while we did a sweep to ensure that his perms were removed. This ban lasted less than an hour, but Korvic purposefully made a fuss about it, despite knowing full well why the tempban was being done. Overall, the things done were not really malicious or game-breaking, and this is why Korvic and Mystery are not actually banned.

Was banned, not told why. When I PM’d the person who banned me I didn’t get any response for 3 hours, and said response was only drawn out after taking it to public outcry. Knowing ”full well” is a vast exaggeration. “Purposefully made a fuss” in order to get any sort of word. The only admin who’s actually contacted me directly (and this was only after I contacted them) was Braxis. No knocks against Braxis, but as he was not the admin who dealt the ban, why was it only him that I could get a real answer from?

smh guys, first topic when I was brought to Admin was how I got the playerbase to like me, and it’s evidently gone in one ear, out the other.

image.png.e813c3b82548d300f678f8cc0407cba7.png
Let it be known that in this day, my lady’s honor hath been restored. ?

Just now, Haseroth said:

image.png.e813c3b82548d300f678f8cc0407cba7.png
Let it be known that in this day, my lady’s honor hath been restored. ?

Stacked game stacked fight. Unfair advantage!!!!!

46 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

The amount given is extraordinary compared to previous mina rewards, ranging from 2k to 60k+.

60k was for someone who put in 100hours into building. I stand by that this is a fair reward to people putting work into this server to make it less boring.

46 minutes ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

The Athera eventline was a good display as to how too much autonomy actually hurts the event. On the surface/ to the players, a lot of the event went well, but there were a lot of bumps. A number of actors expressed interest in having the eventline postponed for a bit longer as they wanted more time to prepare. Many of the issues with things like regioning and the nexus items could have been prevented had Mystery followed the proper channels and not rushed things the way he did with his admin-level perms.

I already spoke about the region issue in my large post that i’m still waiting on a response for.. Maybe something official possibly? Or no response, cmon give me something fellahs.

As for the argument involving “alot” of ET needing extra time. I actually MADE a google form! Out of the required poll in which 16 people responded (I have the form in my possession) only TWO people said they required extra time to get the event out, this extra timing being NO LONGER than a few days. One of those replies, I ensured had their builds finished (which I helped them with to ensure it met the deadline), and the other was a lad who was just whining. Wanted the event delayed despite the fact his event was literally finished being set up.

Whole lotta information, I am liking these monthly meetings though. Learned a lot sitting through it.

what is this dumb meme of refusing to give any details about a new map until after it’s already pretty much done?

how tf are we meant to give feedback then galaxy-brains? 

1 hour ago, argonian said:

what is this dumb meme of refusing to give any details about a new map until after it’s already pretty much done?

But if we know anything about the next map, we might hurt the feelings of those who are building it by providing constructive criticism and feedback!

9 hours ago, LotsOfMuffins said:

The World Team wants the nations to be more of the focus as to vassalhood and deals and such, being the main landowners. The focus will be on nations and those groups.

Lmao, nice to know that the staff intend to be blatantly pro-nation and anti-charter.

I guess that’s not too surprising, seeing as the new rules of charter activity are even harsher on charters than on nations relative to the land given to each.

Might as well keep propping up these nations with OOC benefits and protections that aren’t given to charters. Reward the massive nations and starve the small charters so nations don’t have to deal with competition from below, creating an uncompetitive roleplay environment where said nations don’t have to be innovative, unique, or hard-working to maintain their power.

Nations are a concept that needs to die. Every single privilege handed to a nation is unnecessary; if a group truly were worthy of nation status, it wouldn’t need those privileges to maintain itself. Nations are arbitrary, for the only difference between them and a large charter is a slightly larger amount of people sitting around in the activity square (which crosses some arbitrary quota decided by the staff) + some OOC benefits given to the nation that the charter cannot get (green pillar, speed roads, tile ownership and vassals, etc).

How about instead of providing OOC benefits to groups that are already doing well, the staff provide no OOC benefits to anyone at all (or provide OOC benefits to everyone equally)?

Instead of focusing on nations, focus on the community as a whole.

Edited by NotEvilAtAll

4 hours ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

But if we know anything about the next map, we might hurt the feelings of those who are building it by providing constructive criticism and feedback!

Lmao, nice to know that the staff intend to be blatantly pro-nation and anti-charter.

I guess that’s not too surprising, seeing as the new rules of charter activity are even harsher on charters than on nations relative to the land given to each.

Might as well keep propping up these nations with OOC benefits and protections that aren’t given to charters. Reward the massive nations and starve the small charters so nations don’t have to deal with competition from below, creating an uncompetitive roleplay environment where said nations don’t have to be innovative, unique, or hard-working to maintain their power.

Nations are a concept that needs to die. Every single privilege handed to a nation is unnecessary; if a group truly were worthy of nation status, it wouldn’t need those privileges to maintain itself. Nations are arbitrary, for the only difference between them and a large charter is a slightly larger amount of people sitting around in the activity square (which crosses some arbitrary quota decided by the staff) + some OOC benefits given to the nation that the charter cannot get (green pillar, speed roads, tile ownership and vassals, etc).

How about instead of providing OOC benefits to groups that are already doing well, the staff provide no OOC benefits to anyone at all (or provide OOC benefits to everyone equally)?

Instead of focusing on nations, focus on the community as a whole.

Shoot me a PM, we can talk about some feedback and crap regarding the new direction and I can see what I can do. 

6 hours ago, argonian said:

I’ll talk to Grool, see if we can get a bit more posted on it.