Chats w/ marimbamonk

Telanir

Hey guys,

Some of you might remember last year marimbamonk and I streamed together and chatted about all things LotC. Well, he has been incredibly kind and offered to host another chat this Thursday, March 19th at 12pm Pacific / 3pm EST on his channel at https://www.twitch.tv/zacclay, we’ll be discussing ideas and happenings on LotC as well as our thoughts on the coronavirus. We’ll take questions from chat too and just chill in an open format. Come support your man Zac Clay and hang out if you’re interested! ?

UPDATE: Here’s the link for those of you who missed it! ? 

If you community members leave questions on this thread I can compile some of the best ones to address before we field random questions the day of. Thanks!

Talking about the future of LoTC as well? 

Just now, Shmeepp said:

Talking about the future of LoTC as well? 

Yeah, maybe even more than anything else ?

Always a good idea to talk about what we can look forward to.

Alright, my question is this – How is the staff team working to address the chunk errors that seem to be happening more and more frequently?

10 minutes ago, Telanir said:

our thoughts on the coronavirus

Sounds a little too political. 

9 minutes ago, Kaelan said:

Sounds a little too political. 

Ah, a pandemic...really political am I right?

Edit:

Question – What is your view on how the current staff teams are being handled?

Would love a response to the arguments raised here during the stream to have some discusion

Just now, Xarkly said:

Would love a response to the arguments raised here during the stream to have some discusion

Sounds good, I’ll see if I can’t make that a point of discussion.

how do you deal with all the hate?

Like, honestly, that’s commendable... in a way

marimbamonk is a god

also here’s a question from me, nothing terribly serious;

Do you guys have any personal plans you intend to try and do with all of this newly acquired free time with the quarantines?  I’m in like four DnD campaigns now, playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps and will soon be playing the new Animal Crossing, while also working on commissions and other art.  It’s always interesting to hear from others! 

2 minutes ago, UnBaed said:

marimbamonk is a god

also here’s a question from me, nothing terribly serious;

Do you guys have any personal plans you intend to try and do with all of this newly acquired free time with the quarantines?  I’m in like four DnD campaigns now, playing Ori and the Will of the Wisps and will soon be playing the new Animal Crossing, while also working on commissions and other art.  It’s always interesting to hear from others! 

Sounds like you’re living the dream hahaha.

:3

Which of the ‘Teams’ of LOTC’s Moderation do you like the most? (ie Story, Build, Lore, etc)

Which Team (in your opinion) has the worst job on LOTC?

And finally, something a bit more controversial LOL: IN YOUR OPINION (I am not asking for ANYBODY ELSES HERE) was the whole deal with Athera (ie people leaving the Team, arguments, the misuse of admin powers) grossly over-exaggerated by the LOTC Public and those involved, and was this a legit scandal in your eyes that needed to be dealt with?