[✗] [Event Creature] [Playable CA] Pravum

Mistel

Can you specify the roles of those credited at the beginning of the lore? Thank you.

4 minutes ago, DarkSainthood said:

https://i.gyazo.com/ff19145cb362a6b496493866c5df62a6.mp4

-1 pls pm me and offer reimbursement for the eye surgery I need after the egregious usage of spoilers

Honestly shits scuffed, Ill fix it in a bit

Never mind it seems to be a problem with the forums not us, I tried to re do the spoiler and it happened again

Edited by Mistel

I enjoy the mental unbalance which these creatures are subjected to; as well as their more animalistic counterparts. 

However. 

These are broken.

As a matter of fact, these are so much more broken than the original lore you people wrote. How am I supposed to defeat these? Plunge a torch into their faces? Grab their faces and make them look into the sun? Maybe I can make them run a marathon so they can suffer a stroke, oh my bad they’ve got the cardio of one. None of these weaknesses can actually be used against them, neither does anybody except their characters actually know these weaknesses. Remove all these strengths and weaknesses, these are peak strength humans that can sense incoming attacks, hold their breaths, run for ******* ever (meaning if you’re running from them irp, you’re done for) and are by all means, un-killable in one on one combat. These have been granted a greater muscle memory, etc etc. But the worse about this lore is how deeply disgusting it makes me feel. Only a coward needs this. 

Listen. If you want to play a bootlegged version of a witcher/marked man on lotc, do it, ok, its gross but ok. But the fact that you’re unable to actually just go and hunt down a monster by using your own intelligence plants a number of doubts into me. This isn’t me. We don’t need witchers. If you want to play a ******* witcher go and do it. But don’t bring in your alchemical-magic suff into this. Only a weak man needs this. Only a craven needs superhuman abilities what other groups of players have been slaughtering using their wits and technique for so long. Get rid of this, keep the beastly initial ET version, I’m fine with that. I should also mention that by actually get this accepted – you folks get to be the big boi “witchers”, the ones with the titles, the ones with it all. Stop using lore to try and get your viewpoints accepted. Do it through roleplay. And no, tavern sip sip and highschool drama rp is not part of the deal. 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk dear suticans !

3 hours ago, Jentos said:

Listen. If you want to play a bootlegged version of a witcher/marked man on lotc, do it, ok, its gross but ok. But the fact that you’re unable to actually just go and hunt down a monster by using your own intelligence plants a number of doubts into me. This isn’t me. We don’t need witchers. If you want to play a ******* witcher go and do it. But don’t bring in your alchemical-magic suff into this. Only a weak man needs this. Only a craven needs superhuman abilities what other groups of players have been slaughtering using their wits and technique for so long. Get rid of this, keep the beastly initial ET version, I’m fine with that. I should also mention that by actually get this accepted – you folks get to be the big boi “witchers”, the ones with the titles, the ones with it all. Stop using lore to try and get your viewpoints accepted. Do it through roleplay. And no, tavern sip sip and highschool drama rp is not part of the deal. 

This. 

I’m quite too tired to sustain good toxicity at this late hour. However, I will say that, as others have said, this is a frankly broken piece. There is virtually no roleplay potential, simply allowing for its practitioners an absurd amount of power that has no drawbacks or weaknesses. They are nothing more than a power fantasy which offers no unique experience for those they interact with beyond death and mere power. Jentos made a good point; this piece is for players who are afraid of losing and RPing that consequence. Any playable piece of lore, creature or magic, should have both upsides and blatant downsides, but also create unique roleplay experiences for whoever interacts with it, not just the user. 

If you want this lore to have a sliver chance of passing, I recommend you completely scrap it and rework it from scratch. Have you any questions, my PMs are always open to answer questions and offer suggestions. 

I for one like this piece, the lore and the drawbacks for the thing. Though the concerns are valid, I would hope you ensure that proper roleplay was being produced using this CA, and followed the newly implemented “Give and Take” rules. As long as those two things were followed, I believe this to be a good and proper CA that I cannot wait to see approved.

imagine needing an OP event race killer when most ET are too afraid to even wound people out of fear of backlash

a42faca036eae93e9433d6ced642bdd9.png

literally nothing has changed. you nerfed down some of the abilities but that minor setback still doesn’t make it a detriment – they remain an effectively ungrounded powergaming instrument.

Don’t think at all that this is a good CA race. CA races are there for people who want “more” to work with when offering other players an interesting experience RPing with you, but that doesn’t mean you should be given all-powerful abilities that can negatively effect other characters in high volume. I’m all for a CA race with its respective abilities providing positives to other characters, but this one is just a Witcher rip-off and that by design is anti-other and pro-self.

Remember – drawing inspiration from a single source like the Witcher will always lead to an unbalanced race or magic, because it revolves around a mythically powerful main character who isn’t supposed to fail, and is supposed to provide the player an epic experience. It provides little for other people’s more typical characters, and isn’t conducive for a player to play. Perhaps an ET, maybe.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:00 PM, Jentos said:

I enjoy the mental unbalance which these creatures are subjected to; as well as their more animalistic counterparts. 

However. 

These are broken.

As a matter of fact, these are so much more broken than the original lore you people wrote. How am I supposed to defeat these? Plunge a torch into their faces? Grab their faces and make them look into the sun? Maybe I can make them run a marathon so they can suffer a stroke, oh my bad they’ve got the cardio of one. None of these weaknesses can actually be used against them, neither does anybody except their characters actually know these weaknesses. Remove all these strengths and weaknesses, these are peak strength humans that can sense incoming attacks, hold their breaths, run for ******* ever (meaning if you’re running from them irp, you’re done for) and are by all means, un-killable in one on one combat. These have been granted a greater muscle memory, etc etc. But the worse about this lore is how deeply disgusting it makes me feel. Only a coward needs this. 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk dear suticans !

This.

[Changelog]: Made Adjustments to Muscle, Bone and Reflexes, clarifications and changes to Regeneration, Cardiac and Respiratory. Removed Mimic Ability. Clarified Reverie.

Edited by Mistel

This lore has been denied. Please contact me for more information on this decision.