The Game of "Weo Ovare"

Zaerie

lilJa-U6YitackjckfjWNtqOOJAbeL6IFDEGP_wlKf_DA6qJ2sYkoA7Y_P9DpGfOT4mDevHe0jvioe02G1QnB6r96_JI00wvSXCy82VlmTVBV5ZbiiU8q7nrtBzkSW9knM7wZU5T

GAME OF ‘WEO OVARE?’

BY COUNTESS ALEKSANDRA STAFYR

Instructions penned by QUEEN MAYA OF MULDAV

Weo Ovare?, or Who is it? in the common tongue, is a Haeseni guessing game that can only be played with two players. The game was originally created for the Royal Academy of Saint Catherine to assist students in historical studies, but is open to anyone. A deck of 12 cards with Kings, Queens, and Palatines is used between both game participants. The game is meant to not only be for enjoyment, but to assist in the learning of Haeseni notable figures and history. Whoever guesses the person / card their opponent has first, wins!

Weo Ovare? | Who is it? - How to Play

To begin playing Weo Ovare?, take the deck of 12 cards and lay them directly in front of you, but where your opponent cannot see. The cards will be labelled with numbers 1-12, all with different names and descriptions of Kings, Queens, and Palatines of Haense.

Both players will then pick one card from the deck. The card that you choose will be who your person is, and your opponent will do the same. Set your card aside from the other 11 cards. Be certain to read the description on your card. You and the other player will both take turns asking questions to narrow down which card the opposer has. Once you believe you have figured out who the other person is, you are welcome to try and guess when it's your turn. If you are wrong, your turn is skipped and you do not get to ask another question. If you are right, you win.

EXAMPLE:

In this example, PLAYER 1 has Palatine Robert Sigismund and PLAYER 2 has Reza of Turov.

Player 1 - Was your person ruling in the 1600s?

Player 2 - No. 

Player 1 - (removes all cards of people who were not ruling in the 1600s and sets them aside)

Player 2 - Is your person a man?

Player 1 - Yes. 

Player 2 - (removes all female cards from their deck and sets them aside)

The game continues on from there, with questions getting more specific and particular as the game progresses. Players will continue this cycle of taking turns and asking questions up until a player guesses their opposer’s card correctly.

Rules of the Game

Do not look at the other player’s cards.

Only ask yes or no questions.

Avoid asking if the other player’s card is a Queen, King, or Palatine (all other yes or no questions are fine).

Take turns between you and the other player. 

Do not ask for outside help when playing.

QUESTION EXAMPLES:

Was your person part of a war?

Did your person die peacefully?

Was your person a male?

Did your person have less than 4 children?

Did your person rule in the 1600s?

Deck of Cards 

Card 1 - KING PETER THE FIRST

Reigning from the 14th of Tobias' Bounty, 1578, to the 4th of Sigismund's End, 1582, Peter I was first king of Haense, and was crowned at the age of 56. He began the Barbanov dynasty, and had 5 children. Under his rule, Haense grew to become one of the empire's largest military forces, before his death at age 60.

Card 2 - KING ANDRIK THE THIRD

Reigning from the 12th of Owyn's Light, 1719, to 9th of Harren's Folley, 1746, Andrik III is the longest reigning king, at 26 years. King Andrik III was coronated at the age of 14, and had 4 children. He ruled through the War of Two Emperors, The Three Months War, the Lorrainian Revolt, and the beginning of the Rubern War. He died at 36 in the midst of a hunting event, and was unable to recover from his wounds he obtained from a boar. 

Card 3 - KING OTTO THE SECOND

Reigning from the 12th of Harren's Folley, 1627, to the 9th of Tobias' Bounty, 1644, Otto II came to power after the sudden death of his uncle, Stephen I, and the abdication of his father, Otto I. King Otto II was coronated at the age of 26, and had 3 children. He was mainly known for his crusade on Norland, as well as establishing Markev on Atlas and its rise to becoming one of the most successful settlements. He died at the age of 43.

Card 4 - KING STEPHEN THE FIRST

Reigning from the 7th of Owyn's Light, 1611, to the 6th of Harren's Folley, 1624, King Stephen I ruled for 13 years. King Stephen I had only 2 children, both female, which led to his Uncle, Otto I, taking the throne. His wife, Elizabeth of Courland, was presumed murdered by Petyr Barrow. It is said that his meddling in Imperial affairs had part in the death of Emperor John V, and labeled him a “Deviant to the Imperial State and a foe to all humanity.” King Stephen I later died at the age of 28.

Card 5 - KING ANDRIK THE SECOND

Reigning from the 4th of Sigismund's End, 1582, to the 3rd of Sun's Smile, 1586, and was the second King of Haense. The young King had 3 children with his wife, Reza of Turov. Though, he only ruled for four years, as King Andrik the Second suddenly assassinated Emperor John IV. He was forced to abdicate to his infant son, Marius I, before being captured and executed by Emperor Philip, who boiled him in milk at the age of 21.

Card 6 - QUEEN REZA OF TUROV

Reigning as the consort to King Andrik II from the 4th of Sigismund's End, 1582, to the 3rd of Sun's Smile, 1586, and was the first Queen of Haense. She had 3 children with her husband– Marius, Katherine, and Otto. She spent the majority of her life as the Queen-Mother of Haense, and was known for her extravagant dresses, jewelry, and prowess in Haeseni court. Queen Reza was of House Kovachev.

Card 7 - QUEEN SOPHIA OF CASTOR

Reigning as the consort to King Sigmar I from the 14th of Sun’s Smile, 1670, to the 6th of Sigismund’s End, 1682, and was the eighth Queen of Haense. She had 7 children with her husband– Otto, Robert, Andrik, Theodosiya, Petyr, Thomas, and Elizaveta. 5 of her 7 children died before the age of 12. She was a bastard of the House Chivay, and later legitimized. Her moniker is ‘The Fair’ as she is known to be loved by the people, despite being a foreigner. Queen Sophia was of House Chivay.

Card 8 - QUEEN INGRID OF ULGAARD

Reigning as the consort to King Otto III from the 12th of Harren’s Folly, 1644, to the 13th of Tobias’s Bounty, 1655, and was the sixth Queen of Haense. She had 3 children with her husband– Otto, Amalie, and Karl. She was the first Haeseni noblewoman to hold the duties of a princely vassal and royal consort, as she was the Princess of Ulgaard. She was known for her many events and revelries, and was monikered as ‘The Good’. Queen Ingrid was of House Sarkozic.

Card 9 - QUEEN MAYA OF MULDAV

Reigning as the consort to King Andrik IV from the 9th of Harren’s Folley, 1746, to the 22nd of Godfrey’s Triumph, 1753, and was the twelfth Queen of Haense. She had 5 children with her husband– Otto, Analiesa, Alexandria, Amelya, and Nikolas. She established new powers and increased the duties of the consort during her short reign. She was known for her brazen disposition, as she executed and beheaded numerous enemies of the state. Queen Maya was of House Alimar.

Card 10 - QUEEN MILENA OF ADRIA

Reigning as the consort to King Andrik III from the 10th of Tobias’s Bounty, 1726, to the 14th of Harren’s Folley, 1742, and was the eleventh Queen of Haense. She had 4 children with her husband– Andrik, Antonia, Otto, and Alexandria. She had very imperialistic views and revitalized the royal court. She was known for improving the courts of Haense, but also her untimely and gruesome death as she was stabbed and thrown off the side of the Ekaterinburg palace by an unknown assailant.

Card 11 - ROBERT SIGISMUND BIHAR

Prince Robert Bihar was Lord Palatine from 1642, beginning the position for King Otto II, and held the position through King Otto III. After the death of King Otto III in 1655, Prince Robert left for 25 years, though returned to the position of Lord Palatine for his son, King Sigmar I in 1677. During his tenure under his son, the elderly palatine was greatly known for explosive and sudden bowel movements, even during important meetings. After his son, King Sigmar I’s death, he continued as Lord Palatine for his grandson, King Robert I, until giving up the position in 1688 due to health decline. He passed away in 1701 due to measles.

Card 12 - RICKARD BARROW

Rickard Barrow was the first Lord Palatine of the newly created Kingdom of Haense. Gaining the position in 1578, he served King Peter I, and was known for his great involvement with both the military, and the state. It is said that Rickard Barrow was immensely popular among the soldiers and nobility alike, and commanded the Haeseni forces directly for the newborn realm. He continued to serve as Lord Palatine two years into the reign of King Andrik II until 1584. Though he remained highly influential and directly opposed the new King in his attempt at rebellion against the Holy Orenian Empire.

Sigmar lets out a grunt, “huh ‘games’, back in mah day we onleh had Haeseni chest, or war to fill our afternoons.”

Edited by Drew2_dude

*A Haense Knight grinned, walking out of the the tavern with his hands raised as he won his first game of Weo Ovare against the maker of the game.*

Card 13 - MILENKO HOREN

[redacted]