[✓] [Alchemy] Alteration Alchemy

Nozgoth

Alteration Alchemy

puP1AeFo19EIAQmVLnRV0bas-y5zwXJUtqPJT_Z5vHLLPAAsxoTc_eSTMXz019VbwACgDcHyIMFzymM82T2cvZI-kIpxHY-zSrFNNxCMX-iACzI_TEH-hIIjxkE2tvN_lwvf0xYq

<- A prepared alteration potion ->

Origins

Alteration Alchemy is a tool used by only the most masterful and devious of alchemists. For many cycles, the anomaly known as Alteration Alchemy was lost. All until one grim night when a group of alchemists found remnants of old notes. Upon the attempt of recreation, the alchemists were unfortunately met with failure-after-failure while using the notes. It seemed as though they were missing something, so they continued trying - until they eventually found a solution to the fabled art. It turned out they were missing a concept of extra modifier ingredients. So, they tried an abundance of different ingredients to find out which ones worked and which ones didn’t work.

In recent times, Alteration Alchemy has somewhat spread through the world of alchemy - though it is still quite rare and not in the arsenal of every alchemist. Alteration alchemy is usually considered far from mundane because of the overall concept and variety of unusual ingredients used.

Overview

Alteration alchemy revolves around a plethora of different potions to alter different aspects of the body. Each one requiring different reagents and ingredients to reach the end goal. It is to be noted that all effects obtained through alteration alchemy do not breach the boundaries of what one might be born to look like. For example, vibrant coloured hair and other things such as that are impossible to get through the means of alteration alchemy.

- Can be learnt/used at T2 of Alchemy. (Requires a valid alchemy app)

- ‘Rare’ knowledge for alchemists.

- Use of alteration alchemy on another individual requires OOC consent.

- Alteration Alchemy changes do not pass down to one's children.

- Alteration Alchemy changes are wiped upon death and revival.

Eye Potion

The eye potion merely changes the colour of ones eye.

Spoiler

Recipe

Base: Distilled water\

- 1x Connection

- 1x Grace

-1x Clarity

-25 ml of dye

Effects

A successfully made eye potion will be clear, yet with a tint of whichever colour of dye was added. To take effect, one must squirt a few drops into each eye, after a mere matter of seconds- the eye will begin to shift colours to match that of the dye. It will feel quite painful, as if the colour were being burned into the eye, though this pain will subside after five minutes (five emotes) at most. The effects will last forever, unless met with a revertion potion, in which the effects will subside and the eyes will return to normal.

- Cannot be used to make unnaturally coloured eyes, any colour of dye outside of the colours natural to each race will merely take no effect.

- Can’t be applied in combat.

Skin Potion

The skin potion can change colour and texture of ones skin, though restricted to possible skin tones of the base race.

Spoiler

Recipe

Base: Distilled water

- 1x Connection

- 1x Growth

- 1x Swiftness

- Skin tissue sample

Effects

A successfully made skin potion will appear to be blue with specks of brown. It changes the colour and texture of ones skin to that of the skin tissue sample used in the making. That being said, it can only be used on descendents and with descendent tissue, a human could not take the skin of a wonk, for example. To apply the potion, one must simply fill a bath with the liquid, and bathe in it for no more than 10 minutes. The effects last indefinitely unless the revertion potion is used.

- Cannot be used on/for CA races.

- Restricted to base colours for each race, a dark elf couldn’t have skin tones of a high elf, etc.

- Offers no benefit beyond cosmetic appearance.

Ear Potion

The ear potion changes the size of ones ear, either making it smaller or larger.

Spoiler

Recipe

- 1x Sound

- 2x Growth/Reduction (Growth for larger ears and reduction for smaller ears.)

- 1x Swiftness

Effects

A successfully made ear potion will appear a cloudy brown if growth is used and grey if reduction is used. Upon consumption through drinking it, the ears will either grow larger (though not changing shape), or will shrink (though not changing shape). An ear may not exceed the boundaries of 4 centimetres from what it was. The effects last indefinitely unless the revertion potion is used. Also, an interesting detail to note is one may slightly enhance their hearing by enlarging their ears, or slightly deteriorate their hearing by shrinking their ears.

- Ears can only change 4 centimetres in either direction from what they were initially.

- Offers no benefit beyond cosmetic appearance.

Hair Potion

The hair potion may change the length, colour, and texture of ones hair within reasonable boundaries.

Spoiler

Recipe

- 1x Growth/Reduction (Growth for longer and reduction for shorter)

- 1x Swiftness

- 1x Life

-1x Grace

- Hair sample

Effects

A successful hair potion will appear quite clear and translucent with no apparent colour. Upon pouring the potion into ones hair and scrubbing it vigorously, as if the potion were shampoo, the users hair will begin to shift in colour, length and texture. The colour and texture are dependent on the sample which was used, while the length depends on whether growth or reduction was used. The effects last indefinitely unless the Revertion Potion is used.

- Cannot be used to make vibrant/rainbow coloured hair etc.

- Upon the application of a revertion potion, one must wait 2 IRL days before using alteration alchemy potions.

Revertion Potion

The revertion potion is a form of ingestible sludge which simply reverts all effects of the other alteration potions when consumed.

Spoiler

Recipe

- 1x Reduction

- 2x Curtailment

- 1x Separation

Effects

A successfully made revertion potion will take on the properties of a sludge-like substance, upon its consumption through eating, it would revert all effects of the alteration potions over a span of 5 minutes (5 emotes).

- Only removes effects applied by alteration alchemy.

OOC Explanation

I thought this would be a very cool idea to potentially disguise yourself, also - I think we need some more unique alchemy potions and stuff.

Citation

Noz - Author

The Alchemist’s Guild - Ideas and Review

Honestly I would remove the further alchemy, as it doesn't make sense for this to be FA, and the goats horns please for the love of literally anything. Otherwise I don’t see anything too bad.  

Change-log:

- Took out rams horns.

- Made it not further alchemy.

EDIT:

- (And a lot of other stuff that im too lazy to list)

Edited by Nozoa

I like it, I’ve seen a few players from time to time that had asked or were curious about whether or not something like this was possible in the lore. That at least shows that there is interest in this kind of potion, so I’m certain it would be used.

I like that it’s not permanent, my only question is, could someone who has made multiples of their potion, for this example let’s say red hair, drink another red hair potion towards the end of the second IRL day to extend the effects another 2 IRL days, or would they have to wait until the effects wear completely off before another would take hold?

That’s really my only question honestly, very well written piece : )

810f5a632dd4fe8bc7376e7753d0d6d3.png

On 5/20/2020 at 5:35 PM, Sybbyl0127 said:

I like it, I’ve seen a few players from time to time that had asked or were curious about whether or not something like this was possible in the lore. That at least shows that there is interest in this kind of potion, so I’m certain it would be used.

I like that it’s not permanent, my only question is, could someone who has made multiples of their potion, for this example let’s say red hair, drink another red hair potion towards the end of the second IRL day to extend the effects another 2 IRL days, or would they have to wait until the effects wear completely off before another would take hold?

That’s really my only question honestly, very well written piece : )

810f5a632dd4fe8bc7376e7753d0d6d3.png

I’ll add that in actually, to clarify it. But yeah, I’ll make it so that the potion has to run out before it can be consumed again, no extending!

Sounds like shapeshifting with extra steps.

Regardless, seems nice. +1

Edited by GodEatingCommie

This Lore has been accepted. Moved to Implemented Lore, it will be sorted to it's appropriate category soon. Please note that if this is playable lore, such as a magic or CA, you will need to write a guide for this piece. You will be contacted regarding the guide (or implementation if it isn’t needed) shortly.