[World Lore] Oxygen

Gustando

Oxygen is the chemical element with the symbol O and atomic number 8. It is a member of the chalcogen group in the periodic table, a highly reactive nonmetal, and an oxidizing agent that readily forms oxides with most elements as well as with other compounds. By mass, oxygen is the third-most abundant element in the universe, after hydrogen and helium. At standard temperature and pressure, two atoms of the element bind to form dioxygen, a colorless and odorless diatomic gas with the formula O 2. Diatomic oxygen gas constitutes 20.8% of the Earth's atmosphere. As compounds including oxides, the element makes up almost half of the Earth's crust.

Dioxygen is used in cellular respiration and many major classes of organic molecules in living organisms contain oxygen, such as proteins, nucleic acids, carbohydrates, and fats, as do the major constituent inorganic compounds of animal shells, teeth, and bone. Most of the mass of living organisms is oxygen as a component of water, the major constituent of lifeforms. Oxygen is continuously replenished in Earth's atmosphere by photosynthesis, which uses the energy of sunlight to produce oxygen from water and carbon dioxide. Oxygen is too chemically reactive to remain a free element in air without being continuously replenished by the photosynthetic action of living organisms. Another form (allotrope) of oxygen, ozone (O 3), strongly absorbs ultraviolet UVB radiation and the high-altitude ozone layer helps protect the biosphere from ultraviolet radiation. However, ozone present at the surface is a byproduct of smog and thus a pollutant.

Vaizdo rezultatas pagal užklausą „man breathing air stock picture“

REDLINES

- If one holds air in their lungs for too long, you will pass out.
- One must emote their breath in every single emote, otherwise it is considered as
powergaming.

- one requires lungs to breathe.

- you cannot hold your breath longer than 5 minutes otherwise it is considered as powergaming and you will be permanently banned.

This'll go great alongside the Archon rewrite.

+1

As someone who appreciates a good breath emote here and there, I don't see why this shouldn't be implemented already. +1

But Flam’s gone. We don’t need to do this stuff anymore !_!

Oxygen is an interesting idea but would severely unbalance LotC and is incredibly unrealistic. I can’t see such a strange element ever existing, even in a fantasy world. I mean, flammable gas that’s breathable? Made in trees n’ shit and invisible as well, it’s just too overpowered.

4 minutes ago, Heero said:

But Flam’s gone. We don’t need to do this stuff anymore !_!

consider this my appeal to be flam’s replacement via my excellent, absolutely original lorepiece.

haha reading this was a real breathtaker ahhaahahahahahaha get it because im suffocating inside my house from social withdraws

4 minutes ago, Zacho said:

haha reading this was a real breathtaker ahhaahahahahahaha get it because im suffocating inside my house from social withdraws

you ignore me every time i pm you in minecraft but you respond to my post?!
Revolting.

If u don’t imote brayathing every 10 seconsds, your character suffersss from blindness 10 and nawseah 100 and dies slowly of pioson and is forced to peekay.

First water, then rocks, now this. I have faith in our lore system. 

Be prepared to rewrite the lore a thousand times over until your spirit breaks and they shelf it. /s

Imagine having a powerful oxidizing gas just floating around in the air for characters to abuse. I mean, what if someone bottled it up at high pressure and then heated the sealed vessel? Then we’d have a BOMB which is against the techlock and helps people get around the gunpowder ban. It is NOT OKAY to have this unless it’s MArt-locked because players can’t self-regulate. -1

can this be used for combat purposes?